GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Housing benefit review...need p60's....how? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Housing benefit review...need p60's....how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housing benefit review...need p60's....how?

Hi guys, been a while.
    we have had a letter about our housing benefit being stopped. We have a home visit on Wednesday next week. The letter states he will need to see various p60s from 2010 onwards. We only have a few of the required papers.

is there anyway to get copies that you know of?

we haven't misled or told any lies to tax credits or benefits office so hopefully it's just a formality.

any help appreciated,

thanks

Re: Housing benefit review...need p60's....how?

employer can provide substitute P60 copies, failing that, HMRC will need to send you proof of earnings letter, sadly, I cant see it arriving as quickly as you need it by though. Unless you can find someone very kind who will fax them to you.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
      employer can provide substitute P60 copies, failing that, HMRC will need to send you proof of earnings letter, sadly, I cant see it arriving as quickly as you need it by though. Unless you can find someone very kind who will fax them to you.

Now ow I find out that each time my wife changed jobs that she had to inform. We thought that when they asked for tax credits entitlement letters and wage slips every now and then that that was all they needed.

seems like the proverbial is about to hit the fan

Comment

I don't know much about tax credits if im honest so unsure what the requirements are. But if your wife worked numerous places within the same year, you will only need 1 P60 for that year, you wont need to obtain P45's from each employer since the previous pay details will be included in the P60.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueArmy View Post
          we have had a letter about our housing benefit being stopped. We have a home visit on Wednesday next week. The letter states he will need to see various p60s from 2010 onwards.

we haven't misled or told any lies to tax credits or benefits office so hopefully it's a formality

I'm not sure the Local Authority can just barge into your home next week This is most unusual.

What you want to avoid is an interview under caution which can be used as evidence in the event the LA decide to pursue you for fraud. I'm not saying that's a likelihood but you can't rule out anything at this stage.

What's the history behind this HB claim? Has there been any previous correspondence from the HB team to question your claim?

You need free legal advice pronto.

Post up more details and I'll see if I can help.

Comment

Now ow I find out that each time my wife changed jobs that she had to inform. We thought that when they asked for tax credits entitlement letters and wage slips every now and then that that was all they needed.
            Yes you are obliged to inform the Local Authority of any changes to your circumstances. Having said that if you provided all those WTC entitlement letters and wage slips then the LA is responsible for the decisions they made on your ongoing entitlement to HB raising and/or reducing the amount accordingly.

Please post up a bit more information but I strongly recommend you don't let the *home visit* go ahead without someone there with you who'll represent your (legal) interests. Why haven't you been invited into the LA office to discuss this? That's the bit which both puzzles and alarms me.

Has the benefit been stopped already?

Comment

Benefit has been stopped. Home visit is someone coming to collect information so they can do the review,
              first thing that happened is they said it's been suspended as there has been a change to tax credits. We renewed tax credits and sent in the entitlement along with wages slips and proof of kids attending college etc.
              Then this morning we get a letter saying someone is coming for a home visit to collect info to help with the review.
              its not a threatening letter we can rearrange etc.
              each time HB asked for documents like tax credits awards and wage slips etc they have been sent in. And returned.
              we have numerous letter telling us our HB entitlements and as far as we know we have done everything right,

I admit it's been a tough few years for the wife losing her father and our granddaughter , but I am not aware that we ignored any requests.

Comment

I'll read your last post again tomorrow. But my gut feeling is you do not want a home visit without a witness and/or advisor present unless you or your partner are disabled so can't go to their office.

Comment

Which council is it?

(I like finding their CEOs,,,)

Comment

Manchester city council. It's the norm around here Aparantly. Next door has had 2 and hey said only reason they came back is because they let them in last time, hey have problems usually.

i don't want to be looking like I am hiding something or avoiding as as far as we are aware we did everything right,....apart from the actual telling them about changes of jobs. We just assumed they could read the tax credits award saying out hours worked etc....

Comment

Then this morning we get a letter saying someone is coming for a home visit to collect info to help with the review.
                      its not a threatening letter we can rearrange etc.
                      If the HB was only suspended because your tax credits hadn't been renewed which you've now rectified, shouldn't the suspension be automatically lifted if that was the only reason given for the suspension? They can carry out a review and change the benefit upwards or downwards for other reasons if they need to after it's been reinstated.

Local authorities do employ visiting officers to carry out random checks if they're suspicious of undeclared co-habiting etc, but they also send them by appointment to *review* claims which can sometimes result in the claimant getting more money so you never know this could turn out to be a good thing. But I'd still have someone there (a mate or family member) to take notes if I were you.

If they've specifically asked for those P60s which will take time to get from your previous employers or HMRC why not rearrange the appointment as they have suggested until you have got them.

Comment

The actual words was that they were reviewing my account because there has been a change to tax credits. Then they asked for documents etc. It was suspended whilst they were awaiting the docs. Now it is still suspended and there is a reviewer calling round.
                        Not much point in delaying it because rent arrears will still build up and if it doesn't get reinstated I might not be able to afford to clear arrears and face eviction.

guess I just wait til Wednesday and make sure the 2 of us are there.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                          I'm not sure the Local Authority can just barge into your home next week This is most unusual.

Yes they can...and they don't need to let you know in advance

See this from the Fightback group on facebook

Click image for larger version

Name:	10524180_10152555730651322_1881923007_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	1400876

I don't know enough about tax credits to help you BlueArmy but, as you've sent in entitlement letters, wage slips etc, you obviously haven't been trying to commit fraud. When the reviewer comes round just tell the truth....that you didn't realise you had to inform them every time your wife changed jobs and that you've sent everything in that they've asked for when they've asked for it. Good luck x

Hosing Benefit calculations are terrible to understand....I know mine have been in the past when work has been intermittent...though I found mistakes in their calculations.
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Daft question time.........Have your tax credits gone up now or recently? Did your HB fluctuate if so?

And ,Pixie is spot on,,,,they can rock up whenever they like.
                            A few years back I had 2 of them turn up,,all friendly ,I was ill with flu,,they kindly said they'd pop back,,,they forgot to mention that I'd been reported for co habiting (I wasn't ) .......they had 2 wasted journeys,,firstly cos I could prove he didn't live here and secondly because he hasn't got a daughter called MILLIE (the report said I could be heard calling a child in from the garden)...and yes,I admitted I was calling MILLIE in,,,,,she's a bloody cat!!

I think you're wise to let them come round and get whatever it is sorted....arrears soon become unmanageable

Oh,,and they thought they had 'rock solid proof' he lived here cos I'd used his email address,,,work that one out if you can cos it still flummoxes me to this day and I've been off benefits for years.
                            Inca has left the building,too old to keep reading HISTORY that others keep re-writing.

I was there,,I saw what you did,saw it with my own 2 eyes.wipe off that grin,I know were you've been,it's all been a pack of lies.....(Phil Collins,Coming in the air tonight)

Comment

Many years (decades) ago I had an unscheduled visit from the DWP because my neighbour reported me for having a lodger since they saw a Japanese girl going in and out of the house. In truth it was my married brother's bit-on-the-side and he was using my home as his secret love nest

Comment

Working...
                              X