GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Statement of terms and conditions - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Statement of terms and conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statement of terms and conditions

Hi all,
    A question you may or may not be able to help with..
    I work for the local authority and have a statement of terms and conditions of employment, they are the original ones i have had since starting the job back in 2007.
    I have never agreed as far as i am aware to any changes to terms.
    It says very clearly that providing i fall within a certain spinal column working in excess of 37 hours is paid at time and a half, working Sundays or bank holidays is paid at double time.

Now having worked several weekends my employer has produced a new scale of rates of pay and has told me i am not entitled to double time on Sundays...

Are they allowed to do this?
    As far as i am aware i never had any updates to tell me my existing terms are no longer applicable.

Thanks for looking, and appreciate any help...

Steve
    Steve

Re: Statement of terms and conditions

If you work for L/A then you'll have a union. Contact them.

I'm ex council and understand the spinal points within a grade but I've never seen overtime. We got it as flexi or special pay (office based) but I know contracting / housing etc got overtime rates. I'd chat to your Union.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hey Nidd's thanks for that....
      Hope all is going well with your good self and loved ones.....
      Not been in a union for years mate...not since i lost a job at 16 through the interference of some jobs worth shop steward.....
      I am old school, i still believed that if it was written down and gave details of what was expected from both parties then until that agreement was altered and both parties were aware of changes, whether in agreement or not,the original terms still stood....
      Cheers for replying though Nidd's.....have a fine day.....
      Steve

Comment

Whether you're in it or not - ask them! Anything pay related goes through your union (ie increases / removal of OT from old terms etc). If necessary ask a colleague who's a member to ask the question for you. All you want to clarify is *should* OT be paid, yes or no.

Failing that call HR - if it's outsourced then good luck
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

They can change your contract (statement of terms) but they have to consult – 12 weeks is the norm for group consultation – you must be aware of consultation but not necessarily agree; after 12 weeks a new contract will be issued containing the new terms. You should have been notified of this change.

Jane x

Comment

Thank you so much Jane, and Nidd's, the information you have given is extremely helpful and very much appreciated , i will be on the case tomorrow when i get into work......
            On the plus side, and i guess its because they know they are in the wrong, they have agreed to make overtime payment as per my original contract......
            Brilliant advice as always from you guys, and thanks again....

Steve
            Steve

Comment

Working...
            X