GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ESA OVERPAYMENT - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESA OVERPAYMENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESA OVERPAYMENT

Hi guys,
    I am new to the forum and looking for some advice regarding a letter I got from dwp who say I was overpaid £1500 in esa,and that its in the hands of its
    debt collection agency.I accept I was at fault for not informing dwp of any increases in my pension for the last 3 yrs,despite giving dwp permission to
    check with my pension provider over this matter years ago.My question is,when I contact the debt recovery agency,how much should I offer each month
    to clear this debt and will they ask about all my financial outgoings/incomings? Thank You for any advice,

Re: ESA OVERPAYMENT

you will have to negotiate with them and yes I would use a i&e to do this so that you can prove how much you have coming in and how much you can really afford. don't be bullied into paying more than you can afford.

Comment

I would be asking for a breakdown of the overpayment (assuming it hasn't been supplied or requested) before making any repayment negotiations
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Not that this will help you! But it angers me when I see the dwp demanding money they have overpaid due to not informing them of any changes. Truth is its a stealth move by them because they know full well what amounts each pension provider pays. And the proof they know this already is seen daily in my job. If you fail to declare a pension amount in a tax return for example hmrc will hit you back with a letter informing you it's missing and the what the figures are they have. Not only this but from next year onwards self assessment is changing, the idea is that hmrc already have info such as pension payments and so it's not longer required to fill in, in a tax return. So if they already have this info why is it up to us to inform them of any changes? Winds me up,
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

they know what you get, even when you are going to start getting private pension they are 1st to inform you how much a provider will be giving you as they did me, a week later pension providers informed me of the same amounts = so they know.

trouble is you have to repay them!

Comment

Working...
          X