GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script compensation money paid for my dad's care home - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

compensation money paid for my dad's care home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compensation money paid for my dad's care home

I'm not sure if i am in the right place but my mum had to use the money my dad was awarded for his injury to pay towards his care home fees . I've just been talking to my mum and she said she is sure that money wasn't to go towards this . Can anyone tell me if this is true please ?

I know that if you have savings of over a certain ammount ,you are expected to pay towards care, It doesn't matter where the money came from, If it's in the bank it's classed as assesets and is taken into account by Social and put towards care cost's.you may need to contact Age uk and see if they can help. if your dad was assessed as needing nursing care it, "should" of been covered by NHS funding. homes have a habit of sending out bills that should be paid for by social or NHS,
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yeah he was assessed but it went on his money not my mum's still think its rank for a dementia patient to have to pay for care . Then the day he died we had to clear the room an hour of him being moved and it cos £30 for a few hours lol. Mum has paid it said she doesn't want to owe anyone a penny .

Comment

Working...
      X