GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Council tax reduction eligibility help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Council tax reduction eligibility help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council tax reduction eligibility help

Hi everyone

I just wondered about eligibilty with Council Tax Reduction.

My husband works full time, I am a full time carer for my 19 year old son, I receive Carers Allowance and my son has high rate disability living allowance.
    Now we still receive Child Tax Credits due to my son in non-advanced full time education but this stops in January just before his 20th birthday, also the child benefit will come to an end the same time too.

I am confused on the write ups on this for Carers for the eligibility, so wondered if anyone can help and advise on this please? I did read something that they class a carer as invisible. But I take it they take into account my husbands income despite me being a full time carer?
    We have no savings, or in that saving criteria of £16K.

I live in Wales if that makes any difference.

Thank you in advance.....

Re: Council tax reduction eligibility help

Sorry I can't help you Di...I don't know much (anything in fact!) about carer's allowance.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
    X