GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Anyone know Mortgage Providers for people with defaults please? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know Mortgage Providers for people with defaults please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone know Mortgage Providers for people with defaults please?

Originally posted by Locke View Post
    My partner and I successfully applied for a mortgage nearly 2 years ago despite me having defaults and owing just over £30k in unenforceable debt, it was made more complicated as my now wife was on maternity leave and also had a mortgage still with her ex partner but amazingly it all went through.

I think we were accepted on the 28th and my newest default hit the 2 year old mark on the 26th!

It took another 6 months before we got the keys which is an age on an empty house but it was to be expected, we had to write all sorts of letters including what we planned on doing for childcare when my other half went back to work and of course what the status was with my debts and what I planned on doing with them.
    Can I ask which bank please? Don't think its that easy now with defaults.....even though my defaults are over 4 years old
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle!

Comment

It is with Kensington and was set up through London and Country brokers.

Comment

Originally posted by Locke View Post
        It is with Kensington and was set up through London and Country brokers.
        Do they credit check you before the results are known? many thanks!
        Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle!

Comment

Originally posted by bobogosing View Post
          Do they credit check you before the results are known? many thanks!
          Yes, I emailed the broker a copy of my credit report before he looked for us. The original plan was for my now wife to have the mortgage in her name alone however she couldn't borrow enough as she was off work on maternity and also owns a place with her ex partner still.

The broker said as long as my defaults were over two years old Kensington would accept me and they did.

Comment

Working...
          X