GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Commercial First Mortgages - advice please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commercial First Mortgages - advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial First Mortgages - advice please

Has anyone had a phone call from Commercial First Mortgages saying they want to visit to explain things happening at Commercial First but can't talk about it over the phone? I googled them thinking they were maybe being taken over but have found a lot of searches regarding mis-selling of mortgages and secret brokers fees. Not sure if this is what it is about but seems very odd as they have never visited in the 8 years we have had the mortgage with them and what can't they talk about over the phone? Just would like to be a bit more aware before they visit. Thanks

Re: Commercial First Mortgages - advice please

Recently cases are appearing where "Secret commissions" were paid to brokers. In the Commercial First v Atkins case last year this was proven to be a breach of fiduciary duty & was allowed as claims based on new evidence, compensation was due. A copy of that order is available on the internet & can be seen here.

This could be the reason why they want to visit you ......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
      Recently cases are appearing where "Secret commissions" were paid to brokers. In the Commercial First v Atkins case last year this was proven to be a breach of fiduciary duty & was allowed as claims based on new evidence, compensation was due. A copy of that order is available on the internet & can be seen here.

This could be the reason why they want to visit you ......
      Thank you - I thought it might be that as we did have a broker arrange it - I have also read that if they do pay out compensation they are offering a sum and asking to sign a "gagging order" - are they likely to offer a lot less than we should be entitled to - i.e. do we just accept what they say?

Comment

No don't accept unless you're happy & never sign a gagging order / Tomlin to that effect
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I've sent you a PM.

Unfortunately your previous email went into my Junk Mail folder and got deleted before I realized who it was from

I'm really sorry, so can you re-send it to planb@all-about-debt.co.uk

Plan B x

Comment

Working...
          X