GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mortgage, DMP & Defaults - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage, DMP & Defaults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mortgage, DMP & Defaults

the debts on your DMP are not secure so why would you want to add them, unless they ask about them, you don't have to mention them. as you are paying them with no intrest added, why would pay extra intrest on non secure debts .
    I would be tempted to let sleeping dogs lie, get the mortgage then look at sending for your CCA's from the company's involved
    but that is just my opinion you and others may think differently

NW xx
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I certainly would not be adding the debts on the DMP to the mortgage. IF anything happened in the future you could take payments in the DMP down to £1 a month for each creditor, but if its in the mortgage you will be paying interest (I assume the DMP has no interest).
      I would be getting the longer mortgage that you can comfortably afford and then saving the difference between that and the rate you would pay if it was for the shorter time. If you have a month that you cannot afford the "extra" amount it would not matter. You then have several options, for example you could choose if you want to have the savings as an emergency fund, or make overpayments on the mortgage so that you do pay it off earlier, or at some point one of the debts on the DMP may take a low offer so you could get that paid off earlier.
      When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

we extended our mortgage in the midst of our huge debt chaos and we owed considerably more than £20K no one mentioned it, I just told them that our endowments had gone bust (absolutely true) and that we needed to pay it off over a longer period, had never missed a mortgage payment, it was no bother one short phone call and it was sorted

Comment

Working...
        X