GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BMW Finance wont take payment! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMW Finance wont take payment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW Finance wont take payment!

This is quite funny, but also very serious.

Last month BMW Finance were ment to take the first installment of my new HP.

My wife mentioned to me this month that it was still sitting in our account, so i telephoned BMW to find out whats happend.

The woman at BMW said she can see that a payment was taken and is marked as cleared on her screen.

When i asked her to tell me the details she has, she read out the wrong account number with the correct sort code.

I explained to her the error, and said that they have obviously taken it from someone elses account.

Her answer to me was, "well theres nothing i can do because my screen says the payment is cleared"

So some unlucky bugger has paid my car finance for me last month!

I gave her the correct account details which they have now updated, and ill keep the money in the account incase it gets whipped back and they want to take it again, but im just shocked to be honest.

If you inform them they have taken it from the wrong account, and it isnt your money they have taken, why the hell would they not want to credit the poor sod back over 300 quid and take it from the correct account!!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: BMW Finance wont take payment!

Because the computer says no...

Comment

The soooper compoooter is always right!!
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

LOL she said to me, well my computer says the payment cleared so maybe your account hasnt updated yet? i said, or you have the wrong account number and taken someone elses money!! oh she says.....well it says payment has cleared......theres nothing i can do....Would you like to speak to our customer services deparment? no i said, the money is there, take it if you want. good bye!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just had a phone call from BMW today, telling me the first payment bounced and if i didnt make a payment over the phone today id get a default on my credit file. i went mad at her, she said i can see you rang on the 28th to update your direct debit details. I said no, i rang to tell you, you had the WRONG details, and you wouldnt do anything about the first payment as it was marked cleared. She tried to accuse me of filling out the madate wrong, i said no, i signed the mandate and the dealership walked off with it in to some back room what happend after that i dont know.

She said well i dont know anything about that, all i know is, i need a payment from you right now to avoid a default, i said so you will default me for YOUR mistake to which i informed you of over two weeks ago? she didnt know what to say.

I felt like asking how i can be defaulted after 1 missed payment but couldnt be arsed to get in to it, so did a payment by debit card there and then.

Comment

What a bunch of Clowns! Sounds like the details have been mixed up at the dealership. I wonder if the person who paid "your" agreement had also had theirs credited at the same time! So, BMW are doing buy one, get one free lol
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

They had my old account number from an old finance agreement, so the dealership must have forgot to write the new account number down and thought i know ill copy the old details...idiots!

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                They had my old account number from an old finance agreement, so the dealership must have forgot to write the new account number down and thought i know ill copy the old details...idiots!
                @rseholes!
                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Working...
                X