GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Thought she was married. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thought she was married.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought she was married.

My partner passed away six and a half years ago we were not married ,i thought she was married, anyway we had been together for 16 years and had two sons aged 8-15 when she died, i asked her pension scheme if i would qualify for a cohabiters pension and they said no.

They have to keep the pension for her husband as he's entitled to it,over the years iv'e wondered if she was really married,she said she got married abroad in the Dominican republic,but there is no record of the marriage after checking.

She never changed her maiden name,and there is no evidence of any shared property or bank accounts with the man she claimed to be married too.

Her sisters say she went through a ceremony but they were not guests, and think it was a scam marriage.

She did however try to get a divorce before i met her i discovered this in paperwork i found, but the man had been in prison and the prison service could not trace him he had absconded from prison and was on the run.

My sons have been receiving a third of her pension each since she died and loose there entitlement when they are 23 years old.

My question is how can i prove that she wasn't married,the man she claims she was married too has never come forward to claim her pension.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Re: Thought she was married.

Is this any good ?

https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/Dom...rical_Records)

How about family over there ?

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
      Is this any good ?

https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/Dom...rical_Records)

How about family over there ?
      Thanks but checked out marriage registry for the Dominican Republic,and know trace they were on holiday,both came from the UK..

Nothing registered in the UK either.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Did the pension company have details of her husband?

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
          Did the pension company have details of her husband?

No the pension company had no details of her husband,they had details about me,i was named to receive a lump sum if she died in service.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

If you were named, then I'm sure you should have got it. Ring up the pension advisory service and they may be able to help

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
              If you were named, then I'm sure you should have got it. Ring up the pension advisory service and they may be able to help
              I was only named to receive the death grant, but i'll check the pension advisory sevice,

Thank you.

Comment

Good luck with this xxxxxxx
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                X