GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Civil service classic pension early release of pension due to ill health - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civil service classic pension early release of pension due to ill health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Civil service classic pension early release of pension due to ill health

I've received advice from the pension advisory service that I have to get medical evidence to prove that even with adaptions or treatments, I am still incapable of doing the job I was previously employed to do. I'm getting a medical report from my doctor (health assured wouldn't do this at the beginning because they won't pay for the report until they receive it and the doctor won't do a report antil they are paid which us why I am going to pay) which will show medical evidence of why I can't do the job I was employed to do. As soon as I receive the report and send it off, hopefully the health assured doctors will have enough medical proof and their opinions will change, but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

Wishing you the best of luck JLC x
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So, today I got some good news.

I have been awarded my deferred pension. The medical evidence I got from my doctor along with two reports from a physio in 2004/2005 was enough to prove the permanance of my illness.

its not a large pension, but will help a little. I just have to wait to hear direct from the pension people on how I now proceed. It's taken 15 months, but it was worth it.

Comment

Very well done, thats a big battle to have won, and although it may not be a huge amount it will give you a tiny bit of extra leeway each month
          When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
            So, today I got some good news.

I have been awarded my deferred pension. The medical evidence I got from my doctor along with two reports from a physio in 2004/2005 was enough to prove the permanance of my illness.

its not a large pension, but will help a little. I just have to wait to hear direct from the pension people on how I now proceed. It's taken 15 months, but it was worth it.
            Well done with that, and for persevering ..!

I trust it will be back dated and with interest added ? After all, they were wrong to deny you this weren't they. Maybe even some compensation for the costs /time you have spent pursuing the claim ..

Comment

lets hope so Cardiac Arrest. Every little helps but according to the administrator, it all depends on what date the personnel have put on the form. I should have some more information on Wednesday when I ring them (unless I receive the 'quote' before.

Comment

Just found out that it's backdated to January 2016.

Comment

That is fantastic news for you, it must be such a relief
                  When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Thanks Susie

Its not a big pension, but it will give me some money each month. Although my husband has a good job, my only income is my carers allowance so he covers all the bills. It should give us a little bit extra each month especially when he retires later this year as well.

I just need to wait for the 'quote' from the pension people now, which hopefully will come this week. Its a three month process but apparently ill health retirement gets a priority so they try to do it a bit quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                      Just found out that it's backdated to January 2016.
                      that's good news , it'll be a nice little lump of cash for the arrears when it comes..and probably tax free if you're below the earnings threshold.

good luck JLC , and well persevered ..

Comment

Hi JLC I’m a civil servant with health conditions and my Manager is looking to dismiss me for inefficiency! I think I should be entitled to ill health retirement but both my Manager and Union rep are trying to persuade me to just take the dismissal. Having gone through something similar what would you recommend? I’ve worked there 30 years but took partial retirement 8 years ago.

Comment

I would fight for I’ll health retirement. What helped my case was my doctor stating that had I still be employed, I wouldn’t have been able to undertake my duties. You need to get as much medical information as possible. If you want to PM me, please do.

Comment

I only joined this forum today so I’ll have to work out how to pm you lol. Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
                            X