GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Civil service classic pension early release of pension due to ill health - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civil service classic pension early release of pension due to ill health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil service classic pension early release of pension due to ill health

Are there any pension experts? I'm just starting stage two of appeal for my pension on ill health. Stage one was refused even though I have medical evidence to prove my problems permanent, they are still using their opinion that it's not.

Re: Civil service classic pension early release of pension due to ill health

I'm not but I'll flag up your post JLC.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry I don't think we have any experts as such.

I have seen there is a pension ombudsman which shows past cases so you could gleam info / points from those? Here is one such example -> https://www.pensions-ombudsman.org.u...oads/27713.doc
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I've already contacted the pension ombudsman but I have to wait to go through the appeals and complaints procedure before they will get involved.

Comment

I meant read case studies to gleam relevant points from winning cases so you use those points in your 2nd appeal stage argument.

Same as we do here with FOS to help cases on AAD.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok, thanks. I'll do that.

Comment

Brother has degenerative disease and was given a Local Gov ill-health pension at a lower rate, being told he would get the higher rate if he degenerates enough in the next 5 years. There is no way he can continue in post, and no way to stop degeneration, so he must just sit it out, in his wheelchair.
              It seems so many have got the pension previously and a year later are abseiling down mountains that caution is now the watchword.

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
                Brother has degenerative disease and was given a Local Gov ill-health pension at a lower rate, being told he would get the higher rate if he degenerates enough in the next 5 years. There is no way he can continue in post, and no way to stop degeneration, so he must just sit it out, in his wheelchair.
                It seems so many have got the pension previously and a year later are abseiling down mountains that caution is now the watchword.
                not much chance of me abseiling. Walking is hard for me. I'm on the classic pension and it's already been established that I can't do the job I was employed to do in 2004-2006 when I was dismissed on grounds of inefficiency having been off sick for two years. It's now in question of whether my condition is permanent. I have degenerative discs in my lower spine and fibromyalgia symptoms, Pain and tiredness.

Comment

Snap. I wasn't a candidate on grounds for ill-health, even though sitting was painful after 30 mins. GPs dismiss you with paracetamol.

However, fibromyalgia is strongly associated with hypothyroidism, as is tiredness. If not already checked, pursue tests with your doctor, TSH, T4 and T3 (as you may not be able to convert T4 to T3). If possible get a referral to an endocrinologist. You may need to persist as sometimes results are in the normal range, but not your personal normal range. It can take a long time to develop and an even longer time for the average GP to diagnose as the symptoms and signs are so many.

Although a life long disease, it can be medicated, which helps enormously. It affects all aspect of metabolism, but is not in itself grounds for ill-heath retirement. It can make you tired, forgetful and dozy and so affect your work to your ability to work.

Comment

I've had full blood tests and tests for Lupus. I'm B12 and vitamin D defiecient, both which are being treated. My main problem is my degenerative disc in my back.

Comment

You'd think a decent employer could invoke retirement in the 'interests of efficiency'..which would provide an immediate pension and lump sum (if applicable). This might hold less fears for an employer than ill health retirement which may have implications for them further down the line ? I'm no expert but I do know local govt have/had this option for it's employees with a slight tweak to the organisation chart perhaps.. Do you have a union at work, are you/ were you a member ?

Comment

I was a member. I was able to work part time back in 2004 but the MOD couldn't find me a part time job at the band I was in.

Comment

Stage two appeal turned down on the basis of theoretical workplace adaptions. Have now started with an internal dispute resolution. In the latest report, health assured have admitted that my ill health is permanent, but with all the theoretical adaptions, I could work, all of which is irrelevant! There are two stages to this, then I can take it to the pension ombudsman.

Comment

Good luck JLC x
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So the scheme medical advisor apologised for getting something wrong but are still wanting to persue an irrelevant route and keep referring back to the problems I have with my hands. The doctor that saw me was a woman and in thus latest report keeps referring to her as him (shows how incompetent they are).

its driving me insane, but I am going to carry on. I'm now waiting for the case to be allocated to an advisor by the pension advisory service and for a response to my internal dispute resolution. I thought I would keep this up to date in case someone else needs to go through the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X