GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HOME INSURANCE RENEWAL - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOME INSURANCE RENEWAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOME INSURANCE RENEWAL

Well renewal for home insurance contents/building/emergency cover came to-day.

once again as happens every year goes up from £148.56 to £211.50 = auto renewal, .

GOT it much cheaper elsewhere ie;- £142.54

cannot send e-mail to cancel auto renewal as bounces by BIAS, so you have to go to the expense of ringing them and hold on line etc.

as with a lot of these conners there is a service centre on line for your account, BUT you cannot contact to cancel renewal you have to ring:- when I told them that I will not renew as the price as happens every year goes up by £50 , then dam me I am asked do I wish to renew, what planet are they on! so always check your renewal notices and go on line for quotes and get the same cover cheaper every year.

No claims discount might kick in as you been with us a while? would you like to let me see? No I said = I have 50 years of no claims OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhh was the answer, not very bright these call centres.
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 26 September 2015, 17:10.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: HOME INSURANCE RENEWAL

how do you pay for your renewal ?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

monthly at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
        monthly at the moment
        just cancel the DD

Comment

already cancelled!

Comment

Hi I have gone through you post on home insurance renewal.so here I would like to suggest that mainly the cost of home insurance is rarely getting cheaper because more claims are being made and so the risk of insuring homes increases.insurance providers measure everything on data analysis of risks and general trends, so if you do get offered a home insurance renewal.And it is likely that you will be paying more than you did in the first year of your policy.

Comment

jhonpaul this is an old thread before posting comments check the dates - as long as you are not spamming etc we do not mind comments/ideas

Comment

Point I make now = having attended a high profile consumer magazine group yesterday, auto renewals is a public concern in as much you ring a supplier and automatically the premium goes down so hopefully some time in the future this will be dealt with by main regulators etc meantime all peeps are reminded do not auto renew but get quotes from a few companies and move that will eventually stop companies hoping loyalty will make them richer

Comment

I called to cancel my auto renew house insurance the other day original quote £385, I only live in a 2 bed semi demolished.
                  went online ,checked it covered the same things £118,
                  the girl on line said she could only reduce it to 225.

as i was given an offer i couldn't refuse, said bye bye

Comment

Result

Comment

Working...
                    X