GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script When are insurance companies going to learn about renewal prices? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When are insurance companies going to learn about renewal prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When are insurance companies going to learn about renewal prices?

Home insurance renewal arrived the other day. £500
    Put all the policy details in to comparethemarket.com and got the same policy with another insurer for £340 (although the excess is less on the new one), so accepted it.
    Called current insurer the following day to advise them i wouldn't be renewing (and as you would expect got the hard sell to stay). Let them have their say and said polietly that its always the same; the new customer wins. The call taker then said they could do it for £347. I said why wasn't that the offer i received in the post?
    So, why didn't they put the *real* offer in the renewal letter instead of trying to stitch me up for £150?!

When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: When are insurance companies going to learn about renewal prices?

same everywhere mate, Sky - new customers get ALL the offers (existing get nowt) - same with BT - same with Virgin - same with Mobiles etc - it's all a feckin con matey
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I've been with Moreth>n for over 15 years now (building / contents) - they are the best, never had an issue and they are also the cheapest insurer for us.....

Car is with quotemehappy (Aviva) - again, we saved over £300 changing supplier......
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

fooooking right its a con mate. to me, its daft that they have lost me for trying to pull my trousers down.
        these big companies have some retarded ways of dealing with things!
        Have you considered Sky now mate? not the full blown Sky, granted, but not the full blown price either!
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Virgin has new (American) owners and their new policy is to look after the existing customers first, I spoke to them last week to pay my bill and they have given us a 50% reduction for the next three months, also I had to call them last night because the box in our bedroom wasn't working, anyway it's knackered and we have to wait till Friday for an engineer to deliver and fit a new one, and yep, we're getting a credit for not having their TV service in the bedroom for a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            I've been with Moreth>n for over 15 years now (building / contents) - they are the best, never had an issue and they are also the cheapest insurer for us.....

Car is with quotemehappy (Aviva) - again, we saved over £300 changing supplier......

its mad isn't it how sometimes one provider can be the best for one person and the worst for others. For about 7 years. no one could touch Direct line for home and motor insurance for me. Last 2 years it all went t1ts!

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
              fooooking right its a con mate. to me, its daft that they have lost me for trying to pull my trousers down.
              these big companies have some retarded ways of dealing with things!
              Have you considered Sky now mate? not the full blown Sky, granted, but not the full blown price either!
              Sky? Mate I am their best customer

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
                Virgin has new (American) owners and their new policy is to look after the existing customers first, I spoke to them last week to pay my bill and they have given us a 50% reduction for the next three months, also I had to call them last night because the box in our bedroom wasn't working, anyway it's knackered and we have to wait till Friday for an engineer to deliver and fit a new one, and yep, we're getting a credit for not having their TV service in the bedroom for a few days.
                3 months - really? Yet newies get it half price for a year

You need to pull those troosers back up love

Comment

Sky? Mate I am their best customer
                  got the full package in all rooms is it mate?

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                    got the full package in all rooms is it mate?
                    Yep, however we cancel annually and it's in my name / the Mrs name - last year we were paying £120 per month - now as a newbie offer (since October) we pay £63 per month.... LOL

Comment

Same with Gas n Elec

Ever year they send me there renewal prices and every year I ring round get a far cheaper quote

And guess what ......they always beat or match the cheaper quote ....

Saves me the hassle of moving or getting credit checked .......

Comment

3 months - really? Yet newies get it half price for a year

You need to pull those troosers back up love
                        True but to get a discount from Sky you have to either threaten to leave or leave and get you're OH to open an account, then once their deal has finished go back to you and so on, to much faffing about and just spotted above that's what you do. We've got the full package with Virgin, phone, broadband, all the TV channels and multiroom, we're more than happy with it.

And I'm not dropping my strides lol.

Comment

I've just switched from Npower as they were front loading my monthly bills (£247 a month for a small bungalow!!).
                          I use comparethemarket.com (free Oleg for my granddaughter ) and have got a good deal, £100 less a month, with Extra Energy. I did freak a bit when they mentioned a Credit Check...but it was fine, so trust me, if I can get through their credit check anybody can!!
                          Plus I get £350 overpayment back from Npower, although I'm having to chase the beggars for it, as usual.

Comment

What I term as "The Ugly Face Of Capitalism" if they retained there custom there corruption would come to bare faster but less so with new customers.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                              What I term as "The Ugly Face Of Capitalism" if they retained there custom there corruption would come to bare faster but less so with new customers.
                              the mad thing is: every sales related thing i have read emphasizes how important it is to retain customers, but they don't seem to work on this model?!

Comment

Working...
                              X