GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Petition to reverse state pension age.... please sign! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petition to reverse state pension age.... please sign!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition to reverse state pension age.... please sign!

I'm assuming this is still live.....

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petition...ntil-2016-2012

Please sign to stop us all working until we drop!! This country is a bl**dy joke....
    Last edited by IF; 22 February 2015, 12:34. Reason: Edit: Thread still live
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Petition to reverse state pension age.... please sign!

Signed. I'm already retired, but OH has some years to go.

Comment

I've signed.

It's almost impossible to find a job if you're looking for work. No-one wants to employ you when you're "older"
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        I've signed.

It's almost impossible to find a job if you're looking for work. No-one wants to employ you when you're "older"
        It's hard whatever your age Pix... my daughter has just finished uni. and can't even get an interview! On the other hand, I'm 50 this year and the thought of spending another 17 years in teaching is depressing the Hell out of me...

I'm sure this Government is trying to kill people off one way or another.... until all they're left with are feckless idiots who are brought up to "do" instead of "think" via our great education system that seems to give certificates for everything accept wiping your arse.

Blimey.... that was a bit of a mini-rant from me....
        Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
          It's hard whatever your age Pix... my daughter has just finished uni. and can't even get an interview!
          Yes, I suppose so, though my daughters seem to be able to get jobs no problem. When you're older, you definitely feel like you're on the scrap heap (or at least I do)

On the other hand, I'm 50 this year and the thought of spending another 17 years in teaching is depressing the Hell out of me...
          I was 50 when I qualified

I'm sure this Government is trying to kill people off one way or another.... until all they're left with are feckless idiots who are brought up to "do" instead of "think" via our great education system that seems to give certificates for everything accept wiping your arse.

Blimey.... that was a bit of a mini-rant from me....
          though I agree with what you say.

Comment

Signed. Talk about one extreme to the other. Some (very fortunate) people are retired at fifty and the Government expect people to work until sixty seven. Crazy.
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

BTW - did you folks also look at signing the companion petition?

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petition...sion-at-60-now

A comment from one of the signatories -
              I worked from the age of 16 and paid in for over 36 years!!! I did not stop to have children. I was due my ;pension at 60 but am now not getting it until 66 if it is not raised again to 70. I am now 55 and in poor health living in abject poverty. I have no savings left, barely enough for food let alone heating. No family support, nothing, subsisting on a paltry £100 a week which is now threatened as I am expected to work somehow until 66. I dont come from a family of longevity, no one lived long enough to get their pension despite also working all their lives. I have more than paid in the requisite contributions. Have no husband to fall back on.
              I am entitled to collect at 60 the pension that was deducted from my wages all those working years. I have never had housing help or child benefit...always paid my own way. THIS IS NOTHING MORE THAN THEFT (Misappropriation of my pension funds) SIX Years worth

Comment

The retirement age as far as im aware is going up past 67, thats only for people in a certain age bracket, i could be wrong but im sure ive seen that by the time i reach pension age the limit is 75.

Comment

I've signed, I'm one of those unfortunates who got an extra 6 years hard labour for doing nothing more that being born at the wrong time, I missed the cut off by months. If they'd added 6 years to everyone who is in jail's sentences, there would have been a riot, but us (mostly) women just had to get on with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                    The retirement age as far as im aware is going up past 67, thats only for people in a certain age bracket, i could be wrong but im sure ive seen that by the time i reach pension age the limit is 75.
                    Bloody Hell! It makes no sense at all. if young people can't get the jobs they need to make a life, they will still have families which the state will have to support, including their housing costs.... which seems a damned sight more expensive in the long run than letting people retire at a reasonable age.

In France, it's 62 years of age. My understanding is that the French Gov. tried to raise the retirement age and the people kicked off so it didn't happen. British people need to get more of a backbone.... and the internet is a good tool for that.
                    Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                      BTW - did you folks also look at signing the companion petition?

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petition...sion-at-60-now

A comment from one of the signatories -
                      I worked from the age of 16 and paid in for over 36 years!!! I did not stop to have children. I was due my ;pension at 60 but am now not getting it until 66 if it is not raised again to 70. I am now 55 and in poor health living in abject poverty. I have no savings left, barely enough for food let alone heating. No family support, nothing, subsisting on a paltry £100 a week which is now threatened as I am expected to work somehow until 66. I dont come from a family of longevity, no one lived long enough to get their pension despite also working all their lives. I have more than paid in the requisite contributions. Have no husband to fall back on.
                      I am entitled to collect at 60 the pension that was deducted from my wages all those working years. I have never had housing help or child benefit...always paid my own way. THIS IS NOTHING MORE THAN THEFT (Misappropriation of my pension funds) SIX Years worth

Signed that one as well! :-)
                      Remember the mantra:

Comment

Me too.

Comment

In France, it's 62 years of age. My understanding is that the French Gov. tried to raise the retirement age and the people kicked off so it didn't happen. British people need to get more of a backbone.... and the internet is a good tool for that.
                          Yes, I seem to be a serial petition-signer these days - NHS reforms, Legal aid reforms, Corporate tax evasion, Animal welfare, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                            I thought i heard someone mention 70, although it could be 70 for Women, 75 for Men? Either way it's absolutely ridiculous. Its work in the morning, funeral home in the afternoon! The Government have made it clear they don't want anyone retiring. Working until the end!
                            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

But thats not all guys. You know how the goverment loves to tell you that the personal allowance is increasing each year so less people pay tax? and how they aim to reach a personal allowance of 10k within a year or two? What they fail to tell anyone (and i know this because i have to know the thresholds for work) that national insurance contribution allowance is going down every year by the same amount tax thresholds are increasing.

So, not only will people be retiring at a later age, but they will have paid even more national insurance contributions over the same length of time.

Not only this, but they are also doing away with the pension tax allowance rates. I dont see why its fair that people who have worked all their life, will have the same allowances as those who havent, when they have clearly paid more in over the years! and with the change in NI thresholds, will have paid even more in!!

Comment

Working...
                              X