Vanquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanquis

Just to let anyone with one of these cards know that Vanquis are changing their procedures. If you get an alert or see an amended entry that looks like someone has opened a second account, don't worry, it is nothing sinister.

Re: Vanquis

Another Vanquis related one, so not worth starting a new thread.

If you are a Vanquis customer, and are registered for e-statements, this is for you.

They send a text message to a mobile saying you need to pay by dd/mm/yyyy. You can go on-line and check your statement and obviously see the due date there.

However, if you miss it, they are a bit naughty. They charge you a late fee, and they will do their very best to hide this from you. Today I had to ask if I had received a late payment charge.

I forgot to pay in August, no late payment e-mails or anything, AND the late payment only appeared on their system - it only showed as amount due on my statement, not a separate late payment charge.

They will claim this is fine as it's your responsibility to pay on time (true to a large extent). I demanded they remove it as I could tell them almost to the penny how much was available on my card when they said I should look at my statements, thus proving I had and that nowhere was a late payment stated.

I also argued that interest should only be applied to the balance due, and the late payment charge should be a one of charge, not lumped in accruing interest. They will argue and argue with you, but if you are a big enough thorn in their side, they do eventually refund the charge as being unfairly applied.

Comment

I phoned up Vanquis to cancel my direct debit and pay by debit card and the Vanquis rep told me to ring my bank and also cancel it.

I so I rang Natwest and told them to cancel my Vanquis direct debit and the rep told me the direct debit mandate had been sent but it wasn't completed.

So with it not being completed the bank would not have paid it and I would have had a late payment charge so its a good job I paid by debit card.

If you do get a Vanquis credit card ring your bank and make sure the direct debit has been set up properly from Vanquis end.

Comment

Not Vanquis mate. Everything. It's your responsibility to ensure payments are made on time until such time you've had confirmation of frequency and amount by the receiving organisation.

Basically, you have no say in that - always check the first payment or ring and pay manually. By statement 2 it's usually sorted. The delay is let's assume they opened an account on 1st and wrote to you. You got letter on 6th and sent back the DD. The DD was input in 24th but your statement date was 21st; then you'd still have to add 14 days DD cancellation period meaning the earliest possible first collection would not be until 7th which is after your due date if the 5th.

Make sense?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Its cool Niddy as I've cancelled the direct debit and I'm paying by debit card now and yes it makes sense

Id rather pay by direct debit anyway and thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
          X