GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Aqua Credit Card - Poor credit history but been accepted - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aqua Credit Card - Poor credit history but been accepted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aqua Credit Card - Poor credit history but been accepted

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
    yes ....Anyone reading this ...it's best to forget your credit file for 6 years ...
    for me it was more than 6 years - all accounts either satisfied or SB

Comment

Originally posted by jadex View Post
      for me it was more than 6 years - all accounts either satisfied or SB
      Well you've nothing to worry about if you've received a claim ...Is that one sb ?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
        Well you've nothing to worry about if you've received a claim ...Is that one sb ?
        yes, it is SB;
        I suppose and believe I have nothing to worry about - but I will still be stressed out to the max because of that (am only a human).

Comment

I don't think they could have issued the claim that quickly, but the other one probably crawled out as a result of your application.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Bear in mind Nationwide and their sodding pre-app check says accept with a limit of up to £1,250 - if I accept I then get declined on full credit search.

If I go down to say £750 I get declined. I've also tried minimum (£500) but been declined.

All I really want is the minimum, but asking for it looks a bit desperate so thought I'd go for higher.

Apparently (this is from N/Wide lending customer services), the £1,250 is based on my salary only (above average) and they 'didn't know' I was ex-bankrupt until I applied. I've put a formal complaint in because they know full well I was bankrupt when I opened my basic accounts (after the declined a full one), and they get a monthly feed from CRA!

So give them a truck full of salt if it does say accept at the pre-quote bit!

Does the monthly feed include CRA searches? That's the only 'adverse info' I can think of (over 30 in last 12 months) - the monthly feed doesn't include it, then they scream when they do the full check and see it????

Will see what they outcome of the complaint is - it'll probably be the usual we have to keep it confidential etc. I'm hoping they'll give me a card with £500 - my help to buy ISA is with them, plus (basic) current account my salary goes directly into so they can tie that up with my stated income.

My only worry is my government pension contributions are quite high, as is student loan, so my net salary is lower than would be expected for someone earning my salary at a private company - perhaps they think I'm lying??? No CIFAS info shows on my report, but I understand from Niddy that some of it won't show unless I SAR them and N-Hunter.

Comment

You can use Aqua card to rebuild your credit, provided you pay the full balance each month before you get charged interest. The good thing to do is spend a little every month and then pay it off and that will improve credit rating.

Comment

Originally posted by Spud View Post

Don't worry, I would not follow advice from MSE. I use it more with regard to "Moneysaving" tips kind of thing such as energy price switching etc.

I was not really looking for a card as such but considered that soon it might be an idea to test the water having not done so over the past 4/5 years. And the email I used is set up for such things so they can spam away all they want!!!! Having said that with just one income coming we just about get by and having the security/fallback of a few £100 there if you need it ( To spend - Not as cash) is a massive help and certainly will now take some of the pressure off when an unexpected expense crops up a week before payday so for that I am greatful.

APR is 40 something % so massively high but to be fair I don't intend on paying much interest really. I will usually pay off in full but will allow a small balance to remain, Pay off the minimum payment and then make another small over payment each month which would have the most likely chance of showing a level of credit worthiness come the future. At the minute with limited opportunities it is the best position I can realistically hope for

I don't intend on keeping the card for too long, Its really just a vehicle to use and abuse ( Not too much abuse mind) to start to get things back to a better position where in a few years time, Defaults drop away and I can show a level of credit worthiness ( For want of a better word)
                good posts

Comment

Originally posted by david543 View Post

good posts
                  old ;posting from 2018

Comment

Working...
                  X