GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Best Account! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Account!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Account!

Here's a new one from me (i.e. favouring a bank) - I think Santander are streets ahead of all other banks when it comes to

1. Account Opening Procedure
    2. Online/Mobile features
    3. Customer Service
    4. Rewards
    5. General

Who is YOUR fave bank, and why?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Re: Best Account!

No contest for me...The Co-operative basic account is all I can have!
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      No contest for me...The Co-operative basic account is all I can have!
      But how do they compare to other accounts in the past? Are they any good, or crap?

Just trying to determine who does what, from the horses mouth instead of over-salaried marketing people at the banks
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        But how do they compare to other accounts in the past? Are they any good, or crap?

Just trying to determine who does what, from the horses mouth instead of over-salaried marketing people at the banks
        TBH I'm happy with them. I had no problems opening the account, the online banking is fine and, when I've had cause to call customer services, they've been very helpful...last used this week...used saynoto0870 to get an 0800 number for CS and then used 0800 buster for free call from mobile. Obviously there aren't any rewards or overdraft but I'm fine with that.

I'm happier with them than previous bank LTSB as I'm not forever getting "offers" which would only end up costing money

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

same for us

co-op have arsed up a few things

but supplied compo when pulled up and put things right

always polite and true they never try to sell us anything, probably because they know we won't be able to afford it......................

Comment

The best features of a bank for me is the online features/flexibilities (i.e can do everything without speaking to someone who is going to try and sell me crap!) and the extras available.

I like to do as much as possible online because i feel its quicker, less hassle and can do it in work time!
            I also feel that as long as you need the breakdown cover, mobile insurance, holiday cover etc - it makes good sense when compared with taking out these things separately.

For that reason i only tend to consider banks who offer this. Currently with Lloyds although open to suggestions in the new year when (hopefully 3 years clear of adverse) so may look at Co-op as the do everything i want for £5 a month less than Lloyds the last time i looked.

When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

May be changing my mind about the Co-op.

Last week I forgot my PIN number for my debit card when I went to pay for my fuel at the garage...I don't know how as I'd only used it a few minutes before in the supermarket...tried 3 times without success so my card was blocked. Phone customer services and spoke to a guy who said he'd send me a PIN reminder. It took a week for it to come so I wasn't happy about that. I went to do my shopping yesterday and, luckily, I decided to get some cash out of the ATM but it wouldn't let me even though I'd entered the correct PIN number. There were people behind me so I felt very embarrassed. Phoned Co-op customer services again and this time the guy said that the other one must have forgotten to unblock the PIN and he'd do it there and then. Went back to the supermarket this morning...ATM still said access to the service denied Again people waiting behind me so more embarrassment. Phoned customer services again only to be told that the guy last night should have told me that I had to unblock the PIN at the ATM.

Letter on its way to Co-op...

Comment

Lloyds for me.
                They have all the similar facilities mentioned above plus customer service is ok.
                Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle!

Comment

Pixie - that is a bit sloppy. Let us know what happens when the letter goes in.

Cheers
                  SA
                  When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Nationwide have always been good to us. They took us in when no-one else would look at us and have been helpful ever since (even giving us an overdraft!)

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                      Pixie - that is a bit sloppy. Let us know what happens when the letter goes in.

Cheers
                      SA
                      I will.

I could have been at the petrol station again or at the checkout with a trolley load of shopping if I hadn't checked at the ATM first.

Last night they asked if they could have my mobile number and I said no because they don't need it.

Comment

this is where co-op fell down with us, simple training, their guys are not sure what to do and rather than ask, they tell you something that they think is right.....................and usually it ain't

get looking for compo Pixie

I got 250 the first time (major major blooper)
                        and 50 quid for the second incident, which was similar to yours but not as bad.

Comment

My opinion of the Co-operative Bank CRAP took me 3.5 years to get my PPI back and even involved the FOS then they had the cheek to further hound me for a balance of an OD which all amounted to charges which they agreed and I had in writing they would write off as part of the PPI settlement I got compo for that but should never have happened they are useless no wonder they are in the trouble they are.

We are with the nationwide and we are living off a £1000 overdraft which gets paid off every month but then we dip into it again we have had this set up for 4 yrs now and would be fecked without it the nationwide have been very good and never complain or call it in.

Comment

This thread is quite appropriate.

I've been Discharged from my BR for over a year now, and out of coincidence was in a high street bank today looking for an account for my son.

As I'm currently with Co-Op (due to bankruptcy) with a Cashminder account, it's been fantastic. They were even great when I had fraud on my account.

BUT their internet banking and mobile banking is OKAY ... it does the trick, but could offer so much more. For instance mobile apps could allow transfer of money and paying people.

Anyway, back to the point in hand, I was looking for accounts, and after trying a few banks I wandered into NatWest. Now, a few of my friends bank with NatWest and only ever have fab things to say about them.

When I come to change my account, I'd really considered NatWest. Barclays can shove off as they were no help when I had financial problems. Plus their mobile apps for android won't work on rooted handsets, so won't be going with Barclays.

The lady in NatWest was talking about their kids accounts, and said "Are you looking at us because you bank with NatWest yourself?". I replied "No, I don't currently"
                            Her: "Why's that then?"
                            Me: "Because you wouldn't have me!"
                            Her: "Why?"
                            Me: "Because I filed for BR about 3 years ago"
                            Her: "So do you have the discharge confirmation?"
                            Me: "Yep"
                            Her: "In that case, we'd consider you! ... Do you want to make an appointment? We can switch you in 7 days!"

Now, I've made an appointment ... but wanted to ask the mass populous what their thoughts were with NatWest.

Granted at present it's between NatWest ... and Santander. I'm not a fan of Santander, who were a pig to deal with during financial difficulties and my BR. BUT ... their 123 account looks great.
                            "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

Natwest are disgraceful in all areas. Coop is only to provide an account IN bankruptcy. As you're discharged all banks will now consider you (in line with risk)...

santander to date have paid me around £200 for my 123 benefits. It's better than my free fiver that hbos give each month (reward)!!

I vote santander & hbos myself. Used to be into HSBC but they're pretty bad when you have cause to complain.

Comment

Working...
                              X