GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Loan payment taken from Current Account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loan payment taken from Current Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loan payment taken from Current Account

Hi sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but if anyone could help I would be most grateful, my father has died and he had a personal loan with Barclays with about £300 left to pay, I have told them about his death and they say that the money he has in his current account must pay off the loan and they are going to transfer the money out of his account, there is about £400 in there, he has no other assets and no other money, I was hoping to use the money in his current account to help pay towards his funeral costs, does anyone know if they can do this, any help gratefully received.

Re: Loan payment taken from Current Account

No they cannot. They are using the estate to favour themselves. Speak to complaints and / or a solicitor.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Isn't that despicable ? Using someones misfortune for themselves mind you it is a bank. So sorry to hear about your dad xxxxxx
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm sure one of our site team went through similar. I'll ask them to post as they won (eventually) and they could help you sort this swiftly.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by thetinman View Post
          Hi sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but if anyone could help I would be most grateful, my father has died and he had a personal loan with Barclays with about £300 left to pay, I have told them about his death and they say that the money he has in his current account must pay off the loan and they are going to transfer the money out of his account, there is about £400 in there, he has no other assets and no other money, I was hoping to use the money in his current account to help pay towards his funeral costs, does anyone know if they can do this, any help gratefully received.
          They cannot do this. Any money / assets has to pay the (reasonable) cost of any funeral first, before any creditors are paid.

I Will find the relevant legislation - give me an hour

Administration o insolvent estates order 1986.

Some further info here - https://www.bereavementadvice.org/to...olvent-estates
          Last edited by oscar; 4 May 2016, 21:42.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you all, sorry for not getting back to you all sooner, after four conversations with different people at the bank, I found someone who cant be a company man because he agreed to give me the money, but I did threaten to make a formal complaint and go to my local newspaper about them, im just glad its all sorted and glad I dont bank with them, thanks again for all your help and advice.

Comment

Glad to hear that this has been sorted. The treatment of the bereaved by many of the banks is appalling. Sending my sympathies in this difficult time.

Comment

Hugs to you and yoursxx
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

so sorry for your loss ,but the fact that the bank did this is discuting, an apology should be the first thing they do

Comment

Working...
                  X