GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tagged by bank - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tagged by bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tagged by bank

Hi all

I've recently opened a bank account with nationwide. Got the card and details in the post and transferred cash there from my current basic account. The account got blocked and I've been told it's because of a tag against me. I've had issues opening bank accounts for years but, always thought it was because of my credit score. It's only now that someone actually told me why.

Previously: 2012 i opened an account with TSB and had two lump sums paid in. It was over a 2 month period. After the second i got told the account was closed. No explanation. I didn't really care as i has a natwest account for my day to day, wages, etc. I specifically opened that TSB account for the transfers. I didn't want it going into my regular account as i wanted it to look consistent and stable. In/out always more or less the same. I thought this would build a good score... Obviously i didn't know any better. The 2 lump sums was for nearly 10k each. I understand now that i was suspected of fraud and i probably could have dealt with this at the time if anyone bothered explaining to me what was going on, and if i cared enough to chase it up more. The few phonecalls i made always ended up with my getting cut off after long while in cews, and speaking to different people, not getting anywhere.
    There's is no point trying to deal with it now, i have no idea where the people are that sent me this cash at that time. It was small business sale. I had all the relevant paperwork and letters when i withdrawn the cash... Obviously i had no reason to hold onto it. I have no proof now.

So, i only learned of the word CIFAS yesterday. I believe that this might go away on its own after a while. Can i get an idea of a time line if anyone knows pls?

Many thanks

you may be best asking Niddy about this, but I was under the impression that a CIFAS marker stays there unless you can get Lloyds to remove it
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No one actually said Cifas over the phone, just mentioned getting tagged. I found cifas on here. I assumed that it's all the same. Thanks for the info
      Could you have "niddy" read this and try help pls?
      Thanks

Comment

Niddy is, Never-In-Doubt, site admin, the owner of this wonderful site
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi

"i has a natwest account for my day to day, wages, etc. I specifically opened that TSB account for the transfers. I didn't want it going into my regular account as i wanted it to look consistent and stable. In/out always more or less the same. I thought this would build a good score... Obviously i didn't know any better. The 2 lump sums was for nearly 10k each."

I'm afraid that such action was always likely to ring alarm bells with the bank, and your reason for doing it does seem very weak.

"It was small business sale. I had all the relevant paperwork and letters when i withdrawn the cash... Obviously i had no reason to hold onto it. I have no proof now."

Again I am afraid that I think you will have difficulty convincing the bank/authorities. As the transactions caused an issue at the time, it would have been prudent to hold onto the proof that all was above board.

That said, to answer your original question, I read on another thread Niddy said that CIFAS markers fall away after 6 years.
          Last edited by Still Waving; 1 November 2017, 16:10.

Comment

Hi. Yes in understand that it prob all looked very suspicious and i could have dealt with this but, never knew what was going on until now... Too late.
            Ok. Thanks.

Comment

info from Niddy

With CIFAS you must follow a pretty basic formula which is;

1. GET A SAR sent to CIFAS to see who added the marker against you;
              2. Appeal directly with the bank / lender who added the marker but also report it to the police / action fraud etc and get a crime reference number (if it wasn’t you who deposited dodgy money etc);
              3. If the bank refuse to remove it then you can request CIFAS investigates before finally going to the Ombudsman (FOS).

unlike before, a CIFAS entry now lasts 6 years & not 13 months so bear this in mind before allowing someone you don’t know to deposit cash into your account.

Full info - https://www.cifas.org.uk/contact-us/...access-request

Comment

Working...
              X