GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays upgrade after 12 months! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays upgrade after 12 months!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays upgrade after 12 months!

Well, I have over 20 defaults and 10+ bank accounts. I opened 2 x Barclays basic account (card cash) last October - just been sent 2 letters saying both will be upgraded to full accounts......

Point is, Barclays work on internal score so it's worth doing this and moving a grand or so between accounts as they cannot determine income from money movement - hence by doing so you might end up with a pre-approved (guaranteed) loan etc based 100% on your INTERNAL credit score with the bank.

A year of moving a grand between 3 accounts (host account to Barclays 1 to Barclays 2 back to host account) means I am already a full Barclays customer even though I have never actually used them for any banking purposes....

The attached image shows both letters - sorry about greying out but don't want my name and address plastered here publicly

Click image for larger version

Name:	barclays.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	1416818
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Re: Barclays upgrade after 12 months!

Here are some defaults

Just to prove a point

Name:	cra-1.png
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	1408806Click image for larger version

Name:	cra-2.png
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	1408808Click image for larger version

Name:	cra-3.png
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	1408810
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

credit score (501) = random number generator - I've decided it will be 10,287 and will ask the CRA to edit it because I don't believe their scoring methods.... yes, I have too much time on my hands but I feel that their scoring methods is a way of them (ie the CRA) being libellous - how can 'they' determine a credit risk on me when I am not their customer?

Fun and games are coming - watch this space

Comment

I have just had the same.

Even after sending them a letter saying I cant pay the overdraft on the other account I have with them
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Barclays upgrade after 7 years!

Barclays are doing this with all their cashcard accounts, I've had one since 2008 which has been useless because you can't use it to buy stuff online or pay in shops so not much point in having the account and I've not bothered using it in all these years because I have other bank accounts with a debit card.

That must be the reason behind Barclays decision to upgrade the accounts to have proper debit cards, who wants a cashcard account.

Name:	Barclays.jpg
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	1408820

Comment

Re: Barclays upgrade after 7 years!

Originally posted by DarkAutumn View Post
            Barclays are doing this with all their cashcard accounts, I've had one since 2008 which has been useless because you can't use it to buy stuff online or pay in shops so not much point in having the account and I've not bothered using it in all these years because I have other bank accounts with a debit card.

That must be the reason behind Barclays decision to upgrade the accounts to have proper debit cards, who wants a cashcard account.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19138[/ATTACH]
            they do issue debit cards. I've had a contactless visa debit on both accounts since day one (I called and asked after the normal card arrived)

Ive rarely used it other than to transfer money into / out of.

However read around - people are getting these letters and not being upgraded. MSE sees it a lot and it's not everyone they upgrade, it's usually accounts that hasn't had a single missed payment / charge etc. online betting would also be a barrier to upgrade - letter or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Here are some defaults

Just to prove a point

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19122[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19124[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19126[/ATTACH]
              HA Ha 1/5 that's my credit rating also.

Comment

Opened a Lloyds account month or so ago over from Tesco who messed up on 7 day switch regarding Direct debit to the insurer, failed to action it after one payment caused a hell of a lot of problems and phone calls etc to insurer and them and postage.

Complained and was promised to be sorted == NOT!

Complained again after switching to Lloyds, low and behold after being messed around on the phone few times = getting £30.00 out of Tesco for inconvenience, we shall see.

so moved to lloyds seems o.k.

Curiosity after reading about Barclays I have just tried for a current account and blimey I have just been given one! so will follow up reading see if beneficial items out of it?
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
                  HA Ha 1/5 that's my credit rating also.
                  Ditto 1/5

Comment

Well done.

Login in when you get pin through post and check account preapproved offers. If there's an OD / Loan it's guaranteed with no new search. Cards go to barclaycard and hence usually read preSELECTED (not preAPPROVED)....

I still prefer my Santander account and tbh Natwedt is adecent backup but can't get an OD so rarely use it. I like an OD as a few hundred OD facility on my 10 accounts all adds up so I'd never need a PDL. It's my messy logic lol

Comment

I know Yorkshire are just updating their cards to mastercards and contactless payment, as far as I can see it means bugger all

Comment

I know Yorkshire are just updating their cards to mastercards and contactless payment, as far as I can see it means bugger all

Comment

(TESCO) cheque for the £30.00 arrived to-day with apologies for the cock ups etc,

very quick response from them as only late last week they phoned me.

seems the main clearing house for Tesco is HSBC as their cheque.

Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 21 September 2015, 12:38.

Comment

Lol - this is BARCLAYS - Yorkshire / Tesco who?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              Well done.

Login in when you get pin through post and check account preapproved offers. If there's an OD / Loan it's guaranteed with no new search. Cards go to barclaycard and hence usually read preSELECTED (not preAPPROVED)....

I still prefer my Santander account and tbh Natwedt is adecent backup but can't get an OD so rarely use it. I like an OD as a few hundred OD facility on my 10 accounts all adds up so I'd never need a PDL. It's my messy logic lol

Auto £25.00 O/D but Barclaycard not available at moment but can try thru Barclaycard site use site no trace it says

Comment

Working...
                              X