GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Wimbledon past and present - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wimbledon past and present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wimbledon past and present

Bye Murry ...you were out classed .......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Think you're right about Murray, Deepie. Now I can shout for Roger on Sunday without being unpatriotic - should be a good match.

And, I am glad Sharapova was beaten - just cannot stand her screeching. I really don't think it should be allowed.

Pixie, I liked Borg as well but have to confess to quite liking it when McEnroe started. Wonder how he would have fared with the "Hawkeye" system? But, he is a very good commentator - although Andy Roddick had now turned up in this role, and he is VERY easy on the eye! Fickle, moi? You bet I am!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post

And, I am glad Sharapova was beaten - just cannot stand her screeching.
        I quite like it ...........

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
          I quite like it ...........
          I'm not going to dignify that with a response. Oh hang on, I just have ....

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
            Bye Murry ...you were out classed .......
            That was a match of Brain versus Brawn, and the brain won.

Murray may be able to serve at 130 mph but Federer plays with his mind. Within 20 minutes of him being on court it was obvious he would win. He was so mentally prepared and he kept laser focus throughout, while Murray gets all angry and pulls strange faces

I always think that Murray's best shot is the lob, but Federer never let him use it by staying back from the net (only a couple at the beginning which worked).

I can't wait for Sunday's final. It's such a close call that it may go to five sets. I better stock up on strawberries.

Plan B x

Comment

Good analysis, Plan B. Hope you have also stocked up on champagne in which to dip those strawberries.

Have to confess that I do quite fancy Roger Federer #lifeintheoldgirlyet

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

After yesterday this man needs no introduction

Will Dustin Brown be the first black player to win the Mens Singles title since Arthur Ashe in 1975.

That would be nice.

Two years later on centre court yesterday . . . . he's getting there slowly

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Two years later on centre court yesterday . . . . he's getting there slowly

Interesting point, Di.

Arthur Ashe was so impressive - and very dapper. Justin Brown (what an "unGermanic" name) looks quite different. Just looking at all that hair makes me hot!

Watching Murray is a bit painful - I do want him to do well but his playing can be erratic.

Hang on, Federer is playing now - need a Pimm's to reinforce that "Wimbledon feeling".

Wonder what they charge for those huge glasses the camera sometimes focuses on .....

Comment

While on the topic of players' hair at Wimbledon (well I was!) just seen Andre Agassi at Wimbledon. He is now bald! I am sure he once had flowing locks? And he has put on a lot of weight!

Not ageing as well as John McEnroe, despite McEnroe's various exploits ...

Comment

Poor old Andy Murray! What a way to leave Wimbledon - let's hope he makes a speedy recovery and will be back next year. Djokovic has also suffered a similar fate.

At least I can shout my support for the wonderful Roger Federer without feeling unpatriotic .....

Comment

Working...
                      X