GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Shoosmiths threatening court action - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shoosmiths threatening court action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoosmiths threatening court action

Last April 2017 I received a letter from Shoosmiths regarding a debt originally from Tesco now belonging to Cahoot. They were threatening legal action unless an agreement was reached in 14 days.
    I replied to them and Cahoot for CCA which I never received until February last week !

Also received a letter from them including the copy of the CCA which I am not sure in enforceable . I cant seem to attach the cca file -wont upload
    The letter states that they may be able to agree less than the sum outstanding-is it worth putting a cheeky offer to get them off my back?

Much appreciated.
    Attached Files

Hi

The Diary format would help here
    https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...-read-me-first
    • Type of account (credit card/loan)
    • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)
    • Approx balance
    • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying (if on an arrangement - date of last payment)
    • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
    • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

Together with a history of correspondence - both ways.

It is difficult to give constructive help on a generalised query.

I would say however, that a cheeky offer is unlikely to get them off your back, but it will acknowledge the debt, which can be detrimental, depending on how you proceed after receiving comments here.

The first thing I would suggest - after setting out the account in more detail - is to email those pages to webmaster-@-allaboutdebt.co.uk without blanking out any personal information. It is secure and he is the only one who will see it. He will be able to advise whether the agreement is likely to be legally enforceable.

Edit: Title the email Poppy13's CCA, and include in it a link to this thread.
    Last edited by Still Waving; 16 February 2018, 15:47.

Comment

• Thanks for the advice. Have emailed webmaster . Here is the rest of the details
      • Type of account-- credit card
      • Date commenced-- March 2007
      • Approx balance--£6000
      • Date last paid --August 2010
      • Are you on arrangement or not paying --no . Was paying token £1 until Dec 2014
      • Status --default December 2011
      • Account owner Caboot but letter from Shoosmiths

Comment

What caused you to cease your token payments in Dec 2014? What has happened since then (correspondence etc)?

Comment

I became ill and was in hospital for a while. They then sold it on.

Comment

sorry you have not received any help I have asked Di to lookin, but as it is urgent Poppy may I suggest that you contact Diana Mayhew. di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk
            or by telephoning
            0330 053 9340
            she is a member of this site
            best wishes NW
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Can anyone please help. Have emailed Diane but no reply.
              Update to this is that 2 weeks ago I received hand delivered a citation for a local Scottish court and have to respond within 21 days so am fast running out of time.
              Does anyone think its worth offering them a cheeky settlement amount to get rid of them or defend it as I was early advised on here that the credit card agreement was unenforceable.

Today I've received a letter from Shoosmiths saying that they are willing to come to a payment arrangement for sums outstanding and enclosed an income and expenditure analysis.

Am fast running out of time so would welcome any advice

Comment

Originally posted by poppy13 View Post
                Have emailed Diane but no reply.
                Update to this is that 2 weeks ago I received hand delivered a citation for a local Scottish court and have to respond within 21 days so am fast running out of time.
                Does anyone think its worth offering them a cheeky settlement amount to get rid of them or defend it as I was early advised on here that the credit card agreement was unenforceable.

We spoke on the phone after your initial email.

What is the precise deadline for your response to the Writ/Citation?

Di

Comment

Its got to be in 19th April . You asked for the paperwork-I did email them in -did you get them? You mentioned you may know someone In Scotland that might be able to help.

Comment

Working...
                  X