GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N888 View Post
    Hello di.
    this is the only debt I have. Link have still not responded to my request yet I can't help but think I must of missed something all I did was print off the template from this site adding my account ref number and my name at the bottom. I completely forgot to add my address and date. Has this invalidated my request in any way I appreciate the help.
    Do you have proof of postage and or recorded delivery? Even if you omitted the date on the letter the proof of postage (and receipt) should be enough.
    Did you send a £1 PO if so do you have its number and or receipt from Post Office? Because its possible to check whether this has been redeemed!

By quoting your account ref number and name that would should been enough for Link.

But from my own experience Link are quick to demand and slow to acknowledge if ever receipt of S.78

Comment

Hi, roger
      i did send it recorded delivery and with a blank £1 postal order. I will see if I can track it.

Comment

Hi, roger
        i did send it recorded delivery and with a blank £1 postal order. I will see if I can track it.
        Did you have a Post Office receipt for the Recorded Delivery AND the Post Order?
        I store my Post Office receipts with copies of the letters that I send,

The recorded delivery is evidence of proof of postage

Comment

checked on Royal Mail site and it was signed for 14th February and I have receipt for £1 postal order stapled to delivery receipt and copy of letter. Still had no reply not sure what happens next.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
            Hello
            I can see you sent a s 77-79 CCA Request to Link on 12th February. Have you had any response from them yet?
            If they haven't produced the original Barclaycard credit agreement from 2003 by now then this debt becomes unenforceable in court until or unless they do.
            Do you have any other debts which need help from this forum?
            I can see you've had difficulty with posting on this thread but those technical blips seem to have been sorted now.
            I look forward to helping you.
            Di
            checked on Royal Mail site and it was signed for 14th February and I have receipt for £1 postal order stapled to delivery receipt and copy of letter. Still had no reply not sure what happens next.
            Well done keep all that information together and filed away!
            As I pointed out before ".. from my own experience Link are quick to demand and slow to acknowledge, if ever, receipt of S.78 .."
            As Di pointed out the Debt is unenforcible whist the S.78 is outstanding, long may this last!!

Link are a Group of Companies.
            You would have had two letters (one from Barclaycard and the other form Link ) Assigning this debt. What was the name of that Company?
            Link Financial Outsourcing were probably appointed to service the account on behalf of that Company!

Comment

Hello di.
              Link have still not responded to my request yet I can't help but think I must of missed something all I did was print off the template from this site adding my account ref number and my name at the bottom. I completely forgot to add my address and date. Has this invalidated my request in any way I appreciate the help.

My advice is to send another s77-79 CCA Request including your address and the date on the letter this time. Otherwise they could argue in court that they didn’t reply because they didn’t know who’d sent it.

They could also argue that there’s no proof they’ve not complied within the statutory timeframe since there’s no date on your request to say when the clock started ticking.

You may have proof of an envelope having been delivered by Royal Mail but that doesn’t evidence what was inside that envelope.

Sorry to sound pedantic but it’s better to be safe than sorry especially with a debt of £11k.

You'll need to include another £1 postal order I’m afraid but it’ll be worth the investment.

Di

Comment

I'm after some advice please I sent a cca request to link on the 12/2/18 and never heard anything back. I have today received my 6 month statement with the usual arrears notice and noticed on my statement that on 28/2/18 there is a debit on the account which says recoverable charge section 77/78 request (SEC). This actually increased my balance by £1. I am a bit confused and would appreciate some advice please.

Comment

I'm after some advice please I sent a cca request to link on the 12/2/18 and never heard anything back. I have today received my 6 month statement with the usual arrears notice and noticed on my statement that on 28/2/18 there is a debit on the account which says recoverable charge section 77/78 request (SEC). This actually increased my balance by £1. I am a bit confused and would appreciate some advice please.
                  Link it seems are reluctant to acknowledge receipt of a CCA S.78 request.That £1 is evidence that they are in default of an outstanding CCA S.78 request!
                  Read this for a similar experience to yours!
                  https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...04#post1504204

Do nothing!! Silence whilst they are in default of that CCA

Comment

Thanks for your reply roger. I sent them a £1 postal order with my request so does this mean they have taken the postal order as well as charging me £1 on my account. I still haven't had a reply or even a acknowledgement of my request. I had someone from link phone me for the first time today as I changed my number when I started paying £1 a month so don't know how they got my new number. I just said they had the wrong number was this the right thing to do? Also do I stop my £1 monthly payments and send a letter saying it's because they haven't responded to my request.

Comment

Hi

did you follow Di's advice in post #21, and send a further CCA request (dated and including your address)? Read that post again for the reasons for her suggestion.

Also you said in your post #2 - " I don't know how long link will accept such low payment I am worried they will take me to court." That being the case, you should probably not stop the token payments merely because they have not (yet) responded to the CCA74 request. You will probably have more peace of mind if you keep paying for the time being. Further, we do not normally do anything to chase for a reply to an outstanding CCA request, and certainly not the action you are contemplating.

Comment

Thanks for your reply roger. I sent them a £1 postal order with my request so does this mean they have taken the postal order as well as charging me £1 on my account.
                        Is there by any chance a corresponding credit on the account which could be your CCA74 postal order payment, in addition to your usual monthly £1 payment? In any case, I would not worry too much at this time about this £1 in the greater scheme of things.

Comment

Link have sent me a letter today saying it is time for a review of my account. On the back of the letter they want details of my income and expenditure, a signature and contact number. They say if I don't reply then they will not accept my £1 payments anymore and the total amount will be due immediately. Any advice would be appreciated please.

Comment

CCA1974 Request still outstanding? if so just carry on paying the £1.00, and ignore the I&E only a judge can ask for that, link are trying to pressure you to pay more, that is what I would do for now.the CCA request outstanding still their problem,
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

As the OP hasn't answered the question, it's not clear whether they have sent a CCA74 request which includes date, address and signature. Di has suggested that they need to do this.
                              Last edited by Still Waving; 28 April 2018, 14:52.

Comment

wish they would indicate to us make it easier! if they have or have not!
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X