GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

Hi everyone I'm new to the site and I would really like some help and advice please. I have a barclaycard debt from 2003. I always made the minimum payment on time every month. In 2013 my income reduced and I was relying on my credit card to get by. My credit limit was £3000at this point. every month I would max out my card and barclaycard would up my credit limit. Before I knew it my credit limit had increased to £11200 by 2015 and I was no longer able to meet the monthly payments. I put a budget together and found my income was the same as my outgoing. So decided my only option was to offer £1 per month payments. Barclaycard accepted

Sorry have only managed to post half. Barclaycard accepted my payment until march 2016 then passed my debt to link financial I have been paying them £1 per month since. I really need some advice please I don't know how long link will accept such low payment I am worried they will take me to court. As my wife isn't aware of my situation it could end badly. I have a family member who has offered me £2000 if it helps in any way. Any advice would be really appreciated please.

Comment

Read this https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...3228#post43228

Type of account (credit card/loan)
      • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)
      • Approx balance
      • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
      • Are you on arrangement or not paying
      • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
      • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)
      The AAD process is to work with the Consumer Credit Act which starts with sending the AAD template letter for CCA S.78 https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...94#post1245194 PLUS £1 to the current owner. In this case this will be Link

An important part of taking control of your debts is maintaining a good file of letters , correspondence and your diary.
      Everything in writing! Decline phone calls , emails etc.. On receipt of letters mark the date of receipt on the envelope and store this with the letter!
      Enter details of received letters in your Diary
      You will get good advice from the MODS if you follow these guidelines.

Comment

type of account: credit card (originally barclaycard)
        date commenced: 2003
        balance: £11300
        date of last full payment: august 2015
        currently paying £1 monthly since then.
        account owner: link financial (acquired September 2016

cca request sent recorded delivery 12/2/2018

second cca request sent 1/5/2018 including another £1 postal order. This time including date and address.

cca received from link financial 21/11/2018

copy of cca sent to webmaster@aad 22/11/18

reply to email 24/11/18 says the credit agreement is unenforceable and doesn't satisfy my s78 request

last £1 payment to link 13/1/2019

13/2/2020. Letter received from link offering me the option to pay off balance in monthly direct debit payments of £112.80.

3/9/2022. Letter received from morecroft asking to make payment arrangement with them for the outstanding balance on debt to link financial.

15/9/2022. another letter from morecroft asking me to contact them to set up an affordable monthly payment.

3/10/2022. another letter from morecroft asking me to make contact to set up a payment plan.

15/10/2022. letter received from morecroft telling me that they will be making a home visit

17/12/2022. received a letter from morecroft offering a substantial discount on my balance owed if I contact them.

23/2/2023. Letter received from link financial to inform me that my account has been returned to them from moorcroft. The letter contains a budget plan that they want me to complete so we can work out an affordable repayment plan.
        Last edited by N888; 23 February 2023, 16:53.

Comment

Originally posted by N888 View Post
          Thank you for your reply roger I was not really sure how all this works. I will start again.
          type of account: credit card
          currently paying £1 monthly
          account owner: link financial
          Well done this Blog is your Diary entry for this Debt!
          You add addendums to bottom of this Diary as letters/communications are received and or sent!
          Hopefully you will have saved and filed away correspondence such as the Notice Of Assignment (Barclaycard ; Link ) Default Notice (Barclaycard) etc..
          Enter these in date order (with simple descriptions)at the bottom of your Diary Entry!

Send off a CCA S.78 request, plus £1 to Link Financial - using the ADD Template (the template is carefully worded so as not to admit liability)
          Recorded Delivery and enclose a £1 Postal Order (file the Post Office receipts! )

Making a Note in the diary when the CCA S.78 was sent!
          When Link reply date envelope and let AAD know what Link have sent!

Comment

Thank you so much I appreciate the response. I will update with the dates and contents of all letters I have received so far. As I don't have access to a computer ( using my phone to access this site) I am going to struggle to send the cca. I guess I will have to try and arrange computer access asap. Thanks again for your response.

Comment

You can always copy the template letter and send it handwritten- don’’t make changes as it is written with legal advice. Just remember to never speak on the phone to anyone.
              Last edited by cymruambyth; 4 March 2018, 23:35.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for your help I will write the letter asap.

Comment

Thanks for your help I will write the letter asap.
                  Your Local Library will probably have PC facilities !
                  Just jot down in a notebook the entries you intend to make and pop into your local Library.

You have started well

Comment

In 2013 my income reduced and I was relying on my credit card to get by. My credit limit was £3000at this point. every month I would max out my card and barclaycard would up my credit limit. Before I knew it my credit limit had increased to £11200 by 2015 and I was no longer able to meet the monthly payments.

Hello

Were you banking with Barclays (current or business account) at the time your income decreased and they increased your Barclaycard credit limit?

I’m just wondering if they could have been aware of your change of financial circumstances even if you didn’t make them aware.

Did you have PPI with this Barclaycard?

Di

Comment

Hi,
                      yes I did have a current account with Barclays at the time.
                      i recently sent a ppi enquiry to barclaycard using there website. I received a letter today saying they can't find any ppi records in my name.

Comment

I'm still figuring out how to use this site properly so if anyone could help I would appreciate it. I am unable to update my posts with new information is there somewhere else i should start my diary which will enable me to edit my posts sorry if I sound a bit silly I'm just not very good at these sort of things.

Comment

Hi, sorry you are having problems, you should be able to edit your posts here. Your question doesn’’t sound silly, many of us have needed help in getting anything done! Have you tried logging out and then back in or alternatively switching your machine on and off. My technical expertise is fairly basic.
                          Last edited by cymruambyth; 4 March 2018, 23:36.
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

type of account: credit card (originally barclaycard)
                            currently paying £1 monthly since then.
                            account owner: link financial (acquired September 2016

cca request sent recorded delivery 12/2/2018

Hello

I can see you sent a s 77-79 CCA Request to Link on 12th February. Have you had any response from them yet?

If they haven't produced the original Barclaycard credit agreement from 2003 by now then this debt becomes unenforceable in court until or unless they do.

Do you have any other debts which need help from this forum?

I can see you've had difficulty with posting on this thread but those technical blips seem to have been sorted now.

I look forward to helping you.

Di

Comment

Hello di.
                              this is the only debt I have. Link have still not responded to my request yet I can't help but think I must of missed something all I did was print off the template from this site adding my account ref number and my name at the bottom. I completely forgot to add my address and date. Has this invalidated my request in any way I appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
                              X