No announcement yet.

Hi !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the reply. Yes that's what I was thinking (ignore and see what happens). Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCowboy View Post
      i think I'll go blank as Idem are always changing their name!

That statement of yours has caught my eye

What is the precise name of the "IDEM" which is currently chasing you for this debt in case it's one of the unlicensed (by the FCA) ones.

Di

Comment

Idem Servicing is a trading style of Paragon Finance PLC which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
        Registered office 51 Homer Road Solihull West Midlands B91 3QJ Registered number 01917566
        Paragon Finance PLC(Postcode: B91 3QJ) Paragon Car Finance, Idem Servicing, Chatham Finance (UK) ,Moorgate Loan Servicing,Paragon Personal Finance Firm 707521 Authorised
        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 3 March 2018, 15:31.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

..It was bought by Idem in June 2013. They have sent me a ‘statement in compliance with CCA 1974’ each year detailing the account transactions, which basically just lists my payment from Step Change. Apart from that I’ve had hardly any contact from Idem. I get a letter every now and again saying my account was purchased by another company within the group Idem Capital Securities or something!
          They may have changed their name BUT that doesn't mean that the Current Creditor is Authorised!
          Can you check the exact name of the account purchaser on your paperwork because

Idem Capital Securities Limited FCA permissions ended 30/09/2015 (Unlicensed)

Comment

Bottom of my latest letter (where they said the debt cannot be enforced) it says,

Idem Servicing
            po box 16619
            solihull
            b91 9tu

Idem servicing is a registered style of Paragon finance Plc which is authorised and regulated by the financial conduct authority
            registered office 51 homer road Solihull West Midlands b91 3qj registered number 01917566

The last letter I have detailing who actually owns the debt was sent to me in October 2015 and it says that the outstanding balance on your account was purchased by another company within our group , idem first finance limited...

Comment

Bottom of my latest letter (where they said the debt cannot be enforced) it says,
              Idem Servicing
              po box 16619
              solihull
              b91 9tu

Idem servicing is a registered style of Paragon finance Plc which is authorised and regulated by the financial conduct authority
              registered office 51 homer road Solihull West Midlands b91 3qj registered number 01917566

The last letter I have detailing who actually owns the debt was sent to me in October 2015 and it says that the outstanding balance on your account was purchased by another company within our group , idem first finance limited...
              Idem Servicing is a Trade Name of the Paragon finance Plc Group
              - idem first finance limited is also with the Paragon finance Plc Group

The purchaser is the CURRENT OWNER --- IDEM FIRST FINANCE LIMITED - FCA Permission ended 29/02/2016 (Unlicensed)

Comment

Great, well I won't be paying another penny as things stand

Comment

Hi,
                  very surprised to suddenly get a credit agreement through the post from idem. Amazed that Halifax has provided this to them from almost 9 years ago!

Does anyone check agreements?

It looks good to me - it looks original. it has a personal details form with address , dob etc and Halifax symbol , then there's a sheet with parties, key financial info etc listing interest rates and so on with my signature and date plus a stamped date. It looks good to me - it looks original.

thank you.

Comment

Hi,
                    very surprised to suddenly get a credit agreement through the post from idem. Amazed that Halifax has provided this to them from almost 9 years ago!
                    It looks good to me - it looks original. it has a personal details form with address , dob etc and Halifax symbol , then there's a sheet with parties, key financial info etc listing interest rates and so on with my signature and date plus a stamped date. It looks good to me - it looks original.
                    thank you.
                    Send a UNREDACTED copy to Niddy with a Link to your entry https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...98#post1508898
                    to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Roger. Niddy is away for a couple of weeks he said, if anyone else can help?

Comment

Thanks Roger. Niddy is away for a couple of weeks he said, if anyone else can help?
                        Niddy is the only one who sees unredacted CCAs.

Hang tight for a couple of weeks then ask Niddy to look at the paperwork. Do nothing in the meanwhile, but post here if you get a threatening letter from them.

Comment

Hi,
                          thank you.
                          You describe 2 sheets. Is that ALL that has been sent to you?

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                          Hang tight for a couple of weeks then ask Niddy to look at the paperwork. Do nothing in the meanwhile, but post here if you get a threatening letter from them.

I think that Still Waving's advice is sensible and you should do nothing here until Niddy has seen the paperwork.

Comment

send to Niddy he will look at them for you! soonest
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok thank you.

I cancelled my step change dmp just prior to receiving the credit agreement (it's the only debt I have left and I thought it was unenforceable). But I did make a payment through step change around 9 Feb. I currently haven't got a payment arrangement in place with idem, but hopefully I can hang on for a couple of weeks.

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Comment

Oh no Roger there's plenty there. It looks good to be honest.

a sheet detailing name , dob, address etc from halifax
                                What appears to be a signed credit agreement with date which I don't remember signing but looks like my signature.
                                lots of pages detailing terms and conditions
                                statememt of account detailing all payments

to the untrained person it looks pretty good and like Halifax has sent it all to them, who the original debt was with.

Originally posted by Roger View Post

You describe 2 sheets. Is that ALL that has been sent to you?

I think that Still Waving's advice is sensible and you should do nothing here until Niddy has seen the paperwork.

Comment

Working...
                                X