GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fire service demands recall of dangerous tumble dryers - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire service demands recall of dangerous tumble dryers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire service demands recall of dangerous tumble dryers

Fire service demands recall of dangerous tumble dryers

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 18th June 2016 14:45
    Manufacturers of dangerous tumble dryers should recall them immediately, fire services have said.
    The Local Government Authority warned that people are "playing Russian roulette" by using appliances prone to exploding into flames. It said firefighters were attending three blazes a day caused by dryers. Whirlpool, which owns the Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda brands, said: "The safety of our customers is our number one priority."
    Modify dryers

The company has said that more than five million tumble dryers need to be modified to prevent fluff building up near the heating element and bursting into flame. It has agreed with Trading Standards that it will repair them when asked by owners, but some people have been told they will have to wait until next year for a visit. "People using faulty tumble dryers are unwittingly playing Russian roulette and leading manufacturers need to recall affected models as soon as possible to protect their customers," said Jeremy Hilton, chairman of the LGA's fire services management committee.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X