GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script EE recalls 1m 'power bar' chargers it handed out to customers for free - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EE recalls 1m 'power bar' chargers it handed out to customers for free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EE recalls 1m 'power bar' chargers it handed out to customers for free

EE recalls 1m 'power bar' chargers it handed out to customers for free

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 18th December 2015 17:43
    earlier in the year due to significant fire risk

• Users told to unplug the charging devices and return them immediately
    • Affected customers have taken to Twitter to report exploding devices
    • People returning the power bars - given away free - will get £20 to spend on EE accessories

EE is recalling all of its power bars due to fears a fault related to overheating could pose a fire risk in a move which is sure to leave the telecoms giant red-faced. If you have an EE power bar - a device which allows you to charge your smartphone on the go - the mobile phone firm is urging you to stop using it straight away, unplug it from the mains and hand it into an EE store. You will be given a £20 voucher you can redeem against other EE accessories online if you are an eligible EE customer for the inconvenience of having to return the item that was originally given away free by the company. Today's recall comes just four months after a partial recall of a single batch of the power bars. However, the company has now extended the recall to all of the devices in a bid to keep customers safe. One million power bars were requested by EE customers within just four days of the mobile network announcing in April that it would be offering them for free to customers of EE, Orange and T-Mobile customers......Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: EE recalls 1m 'power bar' chargers it handed out to customers for free

Got the text from them months ago. I have the one they want to recall. They don't have a replacement yet. In shop were being advised to keep it or loose it. If you keep it don't leave it unattended when charging.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

that is an update from EE, they are recalling them ALL and giving Orange Customers £20 vouchers. even if they aren't exploding yet! the not replacing them with New!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

What good is 20 quid. Can't buy a phone cover for less than 40. Think I'll open mine up and swap out the battery for an 18650 high drain imr 3.7v battery.

Comment

Working...
        X