• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deepie
    replied
    Re: Cabot

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
    Just over 1 year to go.
    I'd see what they do next if it were me .....

Leave a comment:

• Enforcer
    replied

Just over 1 year to go.

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

Letter received today from Cabot Financial. This refers to my supposed Crap1 account. Assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) limited on 24/09/2015.
    It states, this letter was sent on 22 October 2015.
    Taken a long time to arrive!
    All that I can say is that they would like to help me to take positive steps to repaying the balance outstanding. Over £7000,00.
    I think not.
    Do I just sit tight or tell them that Crap1 admitted UE many years ago.
    how long till SB ?

Leave a comment:

• Enforcer
    replied

Letter received today from Cabot Financial. This refers to my supposed Crap1 account. Assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) limited on 24/09/2015.
    It states, this letter was sent on 22 October 2015.
    Taken a long time to arrive!
    All that I can say is that they would like to help me to take positive steps to repaying the balance outstanding. Over £7000,00.
    I think not.
    Do I just sit tight or tell them that Crap1 admitted UE many years ago.

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

My idea exactly, although would not encourage anything so reckless as Cloggy. Ryanair, when they respond, make you pay for change of name, even if they got it wrong and put you on the current equivalent fare, mostly higher.

Beware the fanatics. It may be Halloween and an eve of devils and goblins, but the genies are apt to think ill of your choice of words, even though you did use CAPS.

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    If they change names / get bought out / sell a debt then they can update the old CRA entry or close it and add a new one at the same start date etc, using their details. You couldn't really do anything.
    No?

You could post the following anagrams under their name to an Islamic, online forum, and then watch as the subject of the anagrams issues a fatwa against them.

Rearranging the letters of 'Ayatollah Sayyed Ali Khamenei' gives:

"A heyday, Allah! It's a monkey, a lie."
    "Dial-a-hit monkey; Allah's aye-aye."
    "I hit aye-aye lad. Allah's a monkey."
    "Allah's heyday - a tail ie a monkey."
    "Allah is a monkey yet he a lay aid."
    "Monkey tail alias yeah-yeah lad."
    "A lie as a daily. A healthy monkey."
    "A monkey tail ails yeah-yeah lad."
    "A moldy Allah is akin the aye-aye."
    "A day's Allah, I am the oily Yankee."

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

If they change names / get bought out / sell a debt then they can update the old CRA entry or close it and add a new one at the same start date etc, using their details. You couldn't really do anything.

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

Enforcer have you checked the CRA entry by any chance. They see to be in the process of swapping/updating owners. I don't know how you do an internal transfer assignment, but if they have changed the details without explanation, I am sure you could "do a Ryanair" and refuse to accept it, and even charge them for the work to update all your files, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Enforcer
    replied

Letter received today from Cabot Financial ( Marlin) Limited. Outstanding Balance £3---.00
    Creditor: Marlin Europe 11 Limited
    Original Creditor Lloyds TSB - Credit Card

Usual reply, still waiting for information. And they have been for several years!

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Me thinks a wee chat with our contacts at the FCA Enforcement team is in order

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

Spot on mate - their pit-bulls (Restons) have said this about it:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19408[/ATTACH]

Sadly for them they are mistaken because s.60(i) clearly states:

Source -> http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2013/9780111100493

** Yes the above is draft but assuming they made a typo and meant to say s.60(1) then it'd be this (again, not relevant) --> http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...rticle/60/made
    As a chap born within earshot of Bow Bells might very well say, "Wozzat? Article 55 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Exemption) Order 2001? 'Ere, mate, you 'aving a bubble or wot?"

... And he would be perfectly correct, as Article 55 does not even exist - the Order stops at Article 48.

At least, though, they are consistent with what normally issues from a Rectum.

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

Cloggy
    You should see the comments I've been leaving at the Grauniad website.

Iain Duncan Smith has become Iain "Duncan" Sith aka Darth Unscrupulous, and I recently expressed a desire to puree his conkers, using a sledge hammer.

And then there are the anagrams...

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    More to the point is where it leaves them.

If Cabot Financial (UK) Limited allowed their registration / permission to lapse, then it does not matter if they are part of a larger group, best friends ever with the Man In The Moon or associated with the KKK, that specific company is not lawfully permitted to conduct any Regulated Business.
    Spot on mate - their pit-bulls (Restons) have said this about it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	reston.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	1409020

Sadly for them they are mistaken because s.60(i) clearly states:

Arranging administration by authorised person

60I. A person (“A”) who is not an authorised person does not carry on an activity of the kind specified by article 60B(2) in relation to a regulated credit agreement where A—
    (a)arranges for another person, who is an authorised person with permission to carry on an activity of that kind, to exercise or to have the right to exercise the lender’s rights and duties under the agreement
    Source -> http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2013/9780111100493

** Yes the above is draft but assuming they made a typo and meant to say s.60(1) then it'd be this (again, not relevant) --> http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...rticle/60/made

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

Re Cabot and assignment from Crap 1. Date of assignment 24/09/2015
    This letter acts as notice of assignment of your account to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited and as such should be kept by you at all times.
    Cabot Financial (UK) Limited is the legal owner of the account, referenced overleaf.
    Cabot Financial (UK) Limited is part of the Cabot Credit Management Group whose accounts are serviced by Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited, Apex Credit Management Limited and Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited also part of the Cabot Credit Management Group, which are entitled to receive payment of the full amount outstanding. We will always provide you reasonable notice as to which company within our group will service your account.

In my case they state that Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited who are part of Cabot Credit Management Group of companies, will be managing your account and we will be responsible for answering your queries and receiving your payments.

Where does this leave me legally?
    More to the point is where it leaves them.

If Cabot Financial (UK) Limited allowed their registration / permission to lapse, then it does not matter if they are part of a larger group, best friends ever with the Man In The Moon or associated with the KKK, that specific company is not lawfully permitted to conduct any Regulated Business.

Whilst that would seem to forbid them from buying alleged Consumer Credit debts, it should certainly limit that company's ability to collect such debts, regardless of how the collection might be pressed or enforced.

It should also limit their ability to assign the alleged debt to another company, person, natural person or individual of non-biological origin.

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

Originally posted by julian View Post
    OK so not withdrawing. Just sent "Disappointed" letter asking for budget form to be completed and returned. BUT no stamped addressed envelope! What should one do????.
    Send them twenty envelopes, each containing several sheets of paper filled with "lorem ipsum" bodytype (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum) but nothing else. (That way, they may see some text if they hold the envelope in front of a strong lamp.)

Do not affix a postage stamp or, at the most, only affix a 1p stamp.

Get your relatives, friends and followers on social media to do the same.

The "postage due" they'd have to pay each time should soon bugger up their business.
    Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 30 October 2015, 11:39.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X