X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Re: Cabot

Seems to me these companies leave it to near the last minute, then start aggressive collection which is contravention to good business morality. i.e. they could do a lot of damage to a persons credit file by extending 6 years to a period of 12 years overall. (if went to court and peep lost).

That is not a fair and just method of enforcement, it is damning on the current Regulation/system.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

I've ignored three letters in a row from Cabot so they've now instructed Restons

I'll obviously reply to Restons when they write to me.

It's my old Harvey Nichols store card. I had a CCA response a couple of years ago. It'll be SB in about 7 months which is presumably why it's been resurrected after more than two years of silence.

Plan B x

Leave a comment:

• MustGetStraigh
    replied

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
    Does a CRA entry expire 6 years after it's first entry even if it had been removed for a year or two in between..?
    I think so.. it should be 6 years from the original default, unless I've misunderstood this.

Leave a comment:

• MustGetStraigh
    replied

Originally posted by Hopeful View Post
    I also received Notice of Assignment from Crap One to Cabot for account that should be SB next year. The letter's from Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited, but the 'Important Information' states, 'Cabot Financial (UK) Limited is the legal owner of the account'. Also received a couple of nice follow up reminders. The latest states, 'As you have been unable to agree a reasonable repayment plan for your above debt your account will now be reviewed to determine whether we should commence legal action against you'.

Should I take Niddy's advice & ignore for the time being?
    I am wondering the same, Hopeful. I have had no mention of legal proceedings yet, in fact it's all very gentle (so far). I haven't responded as yet and am wondering if I should (was planning to send Account Sold, but held off).

I have had another letter from Cabot saying they have been unable to gain my commitment to repaying my debt... Mine is also SB next year.

One thing I notice... the return address on the back of the envelope for the letters from Cabot is exactly the same as the return address on the envelope used by Cap One on their letter to advise me they were selling on my account. That seems rather odd, no? To me it would imply that Cap One didn't themselves send that letter, but maybe that means nothing at all.

This latest letter still states Current Creditor as Cabot Financial UK Limited, but the "write to us" states Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited.

Leave a comment:

• cardiac arrest
    replied

Does a CRA entry expire 6 years after it's first entry even if it had been removed for a year or two in between..?

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

A sneak peek at a CRA recently showed an alleged Cabot (UK) debt is logged as an alleged Cabot ( Europe) debt. As it was missing presumed dead for a few months after being assigned to Cabot (UK), and not re-assigned, seems misinformation is creeping in. If they are not careful, they will be choked by their web. Tee hee!
    Last edited by julian; 23 November 2015, 22:49. Reason: sticky fingers

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

Nanna I'm still hunting for stuff and I haven't had your ill health.

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

Pheeeeew !

Leave a comment:

• MrsD
    replied

you'll find it Nanna we lost somethings for ages but everything has surfaced barring the hair cutting scissors

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

OMG I've only gone and lost my letter, put it on the moving boxes that aren't unpacked whilstbi answered phone , its nowhere to be seen xxx

Leave a comment:

• Hopeful
    replied

I also received Notice of Assignment from Crap One to Cabot for account that should be SB next year. The letter's from Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited, but the 'Important Information' states, 'Cabot Financial (UK) Limited is the legal owner of the account'. Also received a couple of nice follow up reminders. The latest states, 'As you have been unable to agree a reasonable repayment plan for your above debt your account will now be reviewed to determine whether we should commence legal action against you'.

Should I take Niddy's advice & ignore for the time being?

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied

I received a statement from Cabot , but it says i don't need to do anything

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

It seems like they "need" to sort out their bonus payments for end of year. Shame!

Leave a comment:

• billytommo
    replied

Had a couple of letters over the past few months. The latest one states that they need to agree a reasonable payment plan..... It states that Cabot Financial UK Limited are the current creditor. I am going to ignore

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied

Constabulary Emergency control room??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X