X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• julian
    replied
    Re: Cabot

just seen a nice letter from Darling Debbie. "Despite repeated attempts to contact you..., we have had no joy ............ If you don't get in touch, we will continue to contact you to help you be free this debt. " parrot phrased, of course.

He, he. What do you say to a parrot with one leg? Hop off. What do you call a parrot with no legs? CFUKed.
    Last edited by julian; 8 January 2016, 12:02. Reason: sticky fingers

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

Had a claim today ,cap one, Cabot , Restons .been reading through, got 14 days do not want to fill in IE form as we have just sold a house.There is PPI on it but cap one obviously refused.
    Last edited by nanna58; 24 December 2015, 11:09.

Leave a comment:

• billytommo
    replied

Will do

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by billytommo View Post
    I have a Cap1 card which Niddy deemed to be a good while ago. It has fairly recently been acquired by Cabot, the UK version, and they have been suggesting that they will refer the account to Shoosmiths. I intend to SWID cabot as well as SAR Cap1, unless anyone has any alternatives ??
    Why not just SAR the OC - that's sensible IMO.

I wouldn't send any SWID - why do that & run the risk of them remedying the EXISTING breach (which stops them enforcing)?

See this post --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post541854

Leave a comment:

• billytommo
    replied

I have a Cap1 card which Niddy deemed to be a good while ago. It has fairly recently been acquired by Cabot, the UK version, and they have been suggesting that they will refer the account to Shoosmiths. I intend to SWID cabot as well as SAR Cap1, unless anyone has any alternatives ??

Leave a comment:

• Susie
    replied

thank you, it went yesterday

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by Susie View Post
    My Cap 1 has been sold to Cabot. I now have a letter from their solicitors re court action being taken. The solicitors cient is Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd.

This has been edited, please see the original post for details
    As you have already done CCA I'd send back the new LBA Response as detailed above --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post541854

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Originally posted by Susie View Post
    My Cap 1 has been sold to Cabot. I now have a letter from their solicitors re court action being taken. The solicitors cient is Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd.

Link to Susie's diary http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post542762

As Niddy has said each case is different so may follow a different legal path.

We cannot generalise on all Cabot's debts.

Update on your thread and we'll offer help and support there

Plan B x

Leave a comment:

• Susie
    replied

Last edited by Susie; 13 December 2015, 21:00.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by Hopeful View Post
    Thanks Niddy. I've deleted the post as I've only just noticed your previous comment about discussing tactics publicly as the solicitors involved browse these pages.
    It's fine - what you did is ideal as we (admin) can see deleted posts so if you do want to create a post - then edit it and delete all the content - we can go in and read what you wrote but nobody else can

Leave a comment:

• Hopeful
    replied

Thanks Niddy. I've deleted the post as I've only just noticed your previous comment about discussing tactics publicly as the solicitors involved browse these pages.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Hopeful - send the LBA above when Mortimer write

Leave a comment:

• Hopeful
    replied

Deleted
    Last edited by Hopeful; 10 December 2015, 10:34. Reason: Deleted

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

LBA Template for these cases is now uploaded - 2016 LBA Template

Thread re-opened.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied
    IMPORTANT UPDATE - HOIST & CABOT CASES

Hi

Regards the issues with Hoist & Cabot - and all previous posts made by me on this; having discussed this in detail with our Solicitor we would suggest you follow the process below. Please remember that the below is generic designed to help protect you from certain actions. As each case may be different, try and use common sense before proceeding with any next steps - if unsure then send me a PM. Click HERE to PM me.

Option 1 - CCA Sent in the past which was Unenforceable / Incomplete
    In this situation it would be wise to leave things well alone and literally respond with a simple 'this is in dispute' template. The template to send is HERE

Option 2 - CCA Sent in the past which was Enforceable and remains with the same DCA as the last CCA Request
    In this situation it would be wise to send a new CCA Request to the DCA unless you did one in the last 90 days, in which case you need to determine whether writing back is wise or not. So if the CCA was last requested within the last 3 months then I'd suggest you update your diary and PM me so I can check things for you. If however you last sent a CCA request over 3 months ago, send another (to the DCA). Template to send is HERE

Option 3 - CCA Sent in the past which was Enforceable and has been sold to a new DCA since your last CCA Request
    In this situation it would be wise to reissue a new CCA Request to the new DCA as documents do get lost in translation so what was once EN / UE, may no longer be. Template to send is HERE

Option 4 - No CCA ever sent
    If you have never sent a CCA Request then do one asap! This would be sent to the DCA with a £1 fee. Template to send is HERE

Additional - SAR Request to Original Creditor

For all cases above, if you have not requested SAR from the Original Creditor then it would be wise to send a request (it costs £10) - this will save time long term but only do this if the DCA (Cabot or Hoist Portfolio) have written to say they've sold the account to Restons / PRA / Shoosmiths. Template to send is HERE

Additional - LBA Response to solicitor acting for Hoist / Cabot

This is a new template specifically designed to respond to a legal threat from Hoist or Cabot's law firm (PRA / Restons / Shoosmiths). Only send this if you get an LBA from one of the solicitor firms mentioned. ** LBA TEMPLATE **

I hope the above makes sense but if not please PM me. I do not want to discuss tactics publicly here where the solicitors named herein are known to browse AAD

Leave a comment:

Working...
X