X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cardiac arrest
    replied
    Re: Cabot

if they are starting to issue deadlines before action etc...but like me you're away from base for a few months and don't receive the letters (genuinely) ..can they proceed anyway on the assumption you are just not responding ??

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

In theory treat them as a normal dca. If it's UE then no need to reply. If it's in default (missing PT's etc) then no need to reply. Only if I've previously said its enforceable is it worth sending a new request in case of any current errors since the previous request. Check with us on your diary / on here before sending a new CCA. I'm specifically suggesting if they threaten legal - and it's enforceable - I'd probably send a new CCA then and then only.

Don't stress. Just don't give them a reason to remedy past failings.

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly
    replied

Originally posted by Susie View Post
    Interesting to see the answer to that and what happens to the portfolios the purchased when they had no licence. Seems wrong that they can buy without and then say everything is fine now we have got our house in order
    Thats an issue for the court to determine as they are only Appointed Representatives

Leave a comment:

• Susie
    replied

Originally posted by julian View Post
    Is it all over? On the Cabot website they ate that they have all the necessary FCA permissions to let the dogs loose since 1st April. Sorry cannot paste the link.
    Interesting to see the answer to that and what happens to the portfolios the purchased when they had no licence. Seems wrong that they can buy without and then say everything is fine now we have got our house in order

Leave a comment:

• Enforcer
    replied

Looks as if they can no longer afford the cost of a postage stamp. Robinson Way have now started me Emailing instead!

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

Is it all over? On the Cabot website they ate that they have all the necessary FCA permissions to let the dogs loose since 1st April. Sorry cannot paste the link.

Leave a comment:

• MustGetStraigh
    replied

Originally posted by julian View Post
    Ooooooohhhhh! getting stroppy and threatening handing over to a debt collector. What are they? Wealth distributors?

Can't wait to tell them it is SB and unenforceable, but why give them the heads up until needed?
    I can't wait to be able to tell them that

They really are extremely irritating aren't they.

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

Getting serious now. Two letters in a fortnight and now a 14-day time limit to contact them before they send in the dogs, but 14 days from when? Such larks, Debs!

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

Why indeed x

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

Ooooooohhhhh! getting stroppy and threatening handing over to a debt collector. What are they? Wealth distributors?

Can't wait to tell them it is SB and unenforceable, but why give them the heads up until needed?

Leave a comment:

• cardiac arrest
    replied

I can't wait for my monthly missive...come on Debs...

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

Ah bless she is so nice xx

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

April Fool!
    Letter dated 1/4 from Darling Debs as an agony aunt. She has provided a really good example of how they can help clear the debt when provided with I&E and inside leg measurement by working out payment plans. She is really, really keen to help. My mate is so grateful for this kind note in troubled times.

Leave a comment:

• MustGetStraigh
    replied

Yikes they have just bought another of mine... it's bad enough having to deal with them in their various guises on one, two is going to do my head in

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

They do keep picking at the scab. It seems like they are trying out the new templates just to see if their change in wording exacts any response. Oh no, it won't.

It takes me back to early days in the work environment when a direct question or answer was thought to be too abrupt. eg Do you want a coffee? vs can I interest you in a caffeine-based hot beverage? Difference between equals and master-servant or American and English or scientist vs sociologist or HR. Perhaps Darling Ds has been on a course.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X