X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never-In-Doubt
    started a topic Cabot

Cabot

Has anyone had any threats from Cabot this year?

Anything, from a threat of legal action to a demand for money - if so please post here....

Their FCA authorisation expired some months ago - hence anything they have done (in a regulated capacity since Feb 2015) would be a criminal offence and we are after them so come on, lets get sharing this and hopefully get the Cabot senior management a suitable prison sentence for their illegal activity....

Please share across social media with a link back to AAD Consumer Forum.

• julian
    replied
    Then Mortimer and Clarke hounds will be offered a chance to sniff and then snap, as if a separate and up standing set of professionals.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Well as you know the whole blog is replete with Cabot Finance (UK) Limited (unlicensed with FCA).

Leave a comment:

• Strepsi
    replied

Going to post to diary also.

Received yesterday regarding wife's Credit Card with Halifax.

"We are writing to notify you that Halifax has assigned all of its respective rights, title and interest in respect above referenced account (including the outstanding June 2018 balance) to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited part of the CE Credit Management Group, effective

The total balance sold was as at the date of sale . Any payments made towards your Halifax - Credit Card account after will be forwarded to Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited the Cabot Credit Management Group), and will be deducted from the balance shown above.

Under the terms of this assignment, and as defined in the Data Protection Legislation, Cabot Financial (Europe Limited, is now the Data Controller of your Personal Data contained in the records of this account.

Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited has been appointed by the Cabot Credit Management Group to manage yc account and it is essential that all future payments and correspondence regarding this account be directed tc Financial (Europe) Limited at:

Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited

PO BOX No. 241

West Mailing, Kent, ME19 4NA

Telephone: 0345 0700 116

Please contact Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited to discuss repayment of your account based on your financi circumstances."

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied
    How legal is re-branding??

Should documents bearing old names have to be changed in court if for example a CCJ, AOE or other Court Order?

If not, why not?

Leave a comment:

• Diana Mayhew
    replied
    Originally posted by Roger View Post

Its something which you need to check and find out.
    The CURRENT CREDITOR/ ACCOUNT OWNER. You might find it on Intrum's letters? But it will be on the Notice Of Assigment.

1st Credit changed their name to Intrum on 1st March 2018 so it wasn't an assignment just 'rebranding'.

Companies House > https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

Di
    Last edited by Diana Mayhew; 24th June 2018, 22:35. Reason: fixed broken link (I hope)

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Originally posted by Strepsi View Post
    I checked the FCA site and it appears that 1st Credit licence was lapsed when they acquired the debt.
    It all sounds extremely complicated!
    Its something which you need to check and find out.
    The CURRENT CREDITOR/ ACCOUNT OWNER. You might find it on Intrum's letters? But it will be on the Notice Of Assigment.

Leave a comment:

• Strepsi
    replied
    I checked the FCA site and it appears that 1st Credit licence was lapsed when they acquired the debt.

It all sounds extremely complicated!

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    I have a debt that was bought by 1st Credit when licence was lapsed, they have since been taken over or changed there name to Intrum.
    Where does this leave me?
    Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    have you had the introduction letter from Intrum? Intrum would be the new collectors?
    As the Tech Clerk points out Intrum have taken over 1st Credit (Group) as the new COLLECTORS. Both were/are FCA licensed.

However you need to check whom the Account Owner/Current Creditor is/was (the NOA will have this) 1st Credit Ltd /Intrum will be collecting on the Account Owner/Current Creditor's behalf.

The Cabot Blog started by Niddy wrote extensively about Cabot and their Group member company Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd (FCA lapsed)
    "..
    If they aren't authorised they can't assign a debt, debt collect a debt or start action.."

Niddy's Blog is worth reading..

https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...50#post1291550

"..The exact reasons we want to keep sensitive if you don't mind."

Leave a comment:

• Strepsi
    replied
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    have you had the introduction letter from Intrum? Intrum would be the new collectors?

Leave a comment:

• Strepsi
    replied
    I have a debt that was bought by 1st Credit when licence was lapsed, they have since been taken over or changed there name to Intrum.

Where does this leave me?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied
    Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Who has sent that letter to your son?

Is it definitely a CCJ (Default Judgement) sent by the court or is it just the claim form so he may still be able to defend the claim?

Di
    it hasn't arrived here yet but its my son's ex girlfriends mother who is panicking so i said to forward it here - when it comes i will post what it is , thanks

It's from cabot so i believe . It may well be a threat .

Leave a comment:

• Diana Mayhew
    replied
    Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
    My son has had a letter from his previous address that Cabot have got a CCJ on an account - he never even knew about this debt with Cabot- I've told the previous address tennant to forward the letter to me at my address so I can look at it for him and try and sort it out .

Is there any way of avoiding this CCJ as he didn't even know it had been applied for ?

Who has sent that letter to your son?

Is it definitely a CCJ (Default Judgement) sent by the court or is it just the claim form so he may still be able to defend the claim?

Di

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Set Aside cost 255 and the reason is as stated to old address N244
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 19th March 2018, 15:06.

Leave a comment:

Who's Viewing Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Working...
X