Cabot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cabot

Rather confused that they appear have decided to outsource collection to another leech unless proposals are receive tout de suite. So strange.

Comment

Bummer. Debs has just written to say that she won't be writing any more. Instead, the new pen pal will be 'debt collector'. Woe is me. Life just will not be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
        if they are starting to issue deadlines before action etc...but like me you're away from base for a few months and don't receive the letters (genuinely) ..can they proceed anyway on the assumption you are just not responding ??
        yes and could result in default judgment ie a ccj against you.

You can of course apply for set aside if you weren't here and knew nothing of it. Jo would help you with that if necessary
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
          Bummer. Debs has just written to say that she won't be writing any more. Instead, the new pen pal will be 'debt collector'. Woe is me. Life just will not be the same.
          Have you had a new love interest write yet....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Nope. I am well and truly forlorn. I've not had so much as a postcard. If they have been bombarding the lucky owner of a former phone number I would not know.

Could it all be an idle threat? I still cannot understand how a debt collector can outsource to a debt collector.

I was looking at the blurb on the SAS Website, and it could be a pointer. It appears some do-gooder analyst has been helping them exploit a new software implementation which has collated the accounts within the group so they can better mine the data they have. Obviously they are shafters. One of the outcomes is a set of reports collating info that connects debtors and sends out personalised, targeted letters. Perhaps I was part of the UAT or System Test.

SAS were never the sharpest tools.
            Last edited by julian; 22 June 2016, 00:50. Reason: sticky fingers

Comment

In the words of the singer Diana Ross,"I'm still waiting". Will the Debs please just to tell me it's over.

Comment

If Debs dumps you what will you do ????? Oh no x
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                  If Debs dumps you what will you do ????? Oh no x
                  Sorry to let you know that I think Debs may have left you, she is writing to me now
                  When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Uh oh x

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Must be on the rebound. Perhaps she can't pimp me out, so trying to inveigle me with promises of a reduced sentence/settlement. Will sit out this dance, thank you.

Comment

There has not been another DCA involved yet. Latest today was a clutch of statements of account - i.e. Cabot Financial statements. They had a slightly obscure item "Date the agreement became an executed agreement" , which does not relate to any docs held.

Header letter says "No action required ....but... can call us...."

Living in hope.

Comment

9th June - Cabot.."we need to t/f your account to an external debt collection company in 7 days"

20th July - Cabot.." we will work with you to understand your financial situation.....we will help you......"

Comment

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
                            9th June - Cabot.."we need to t/f your account to an external debt collection company in 7 days"

20th July - Cabot.." we will work with you to understand your financial situation.....we will help you......"
                            Do you not understand your financial situation - kind of the idiots!

Comment

Seems like Cabot has almost finished integrating their different systems -Apex, Cabot, Marlin as they "have reviewed accounts and have sent statements since last contact (over 6 years). No need to do anything now, but call if you want to pay." ?????
                              Perhaps they should update their software to identify those accounts with no transactions during those years and send a "closed - SB" letter instead.

Comment

Excellent idea x

Comment

Working...
                                X