Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cabot

Originally posted by julian View Post
    just seen a nice letter from Darling Debbie. "Despite repeated attempts to contact you..., we have had no joy ............ If you don't get in touch, we will continue to contact you to help you be free this debt. " parrot phrased, of course.

He, he. What do you say to a parrot with one leg? Hop off. What do you call a parrot with no legs? CFUKed.

What do you call a Dead Parrot? = Polygone.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

just seen a nice letter from Darling Debbie. "Despite repeated attempts to contact you..., we have had no joy ............ If you don't get in touch, we will continue to contact you to help you be free this debt. " parrot phrased, of course.

He, he. What do you say to a parrot with one leg? Hop off. What do you call a parrot with no legs? CFUKed.
      Love the tone of these - how concerned they are to really help with this debt, how they want to talk to us..and sort things out for us - they really do... No thought of just writing the thing off though considering they paid what, 8% of the 'debt amount' for it... I almost feel I have a friend in Debbie.....

Comment

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
        No thought of just writing the thing off though considering they paid what, 8% of the 'debt amount' for it...
        If that.

I almost feel I have a friend in Debbie.....
        I'm sure many/most would prefer to have "a friend" in ISIS - not least of which because they're thousands of miles away!

Comment

Mortimer Clarke have just written to me. I've sent a SAR to Capital One. I hope it's SB or will be in a few months. I don't currently know exactly when I last made a payment, grrr

Comment

• Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE - HOIST & CABOT CASES

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            I do not want to discuss tactics publicly here where the solicitors named herein are known to browse AAD

Click image for larger version

Name:	Day-of-Rage.gif
Views:	1
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1410384
            Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 8 January 2016, 16:40. Reason: admin - can't suggest we'll bomb a DCA lol

Comment

I've just had another one, very similar (probably identical). No mention of instructing solicitors, yet. I'm ignoring for the moment as I'm not too far of SB, so the longer I can string it out the better before sending Account Sold.

They just say they will continue to contact me. They are welcome to, they may just not get a response!!
              Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
              SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Originally posted by mike'y View Post
                Mortimer Clarke have just written to me. I've sent a SAR to Capital One. I hope it's SB or will be in a few months. I don't currently know exactly when I last made a payment, grrr
                Dumb question here.. I'm in a similar position. I know the month of last payment but not the date (and in fact it could even be the month before) so it would be handy to know. Is there any harm in me sending a SAR to Cap One now they have sold it on?
                Niddified and proud!

Comment

Originally posted by MustGetStraigh View Post
                  Is there any harm in me sending a SAR to Cap One now they have sold it on?
                  No go for it - why not.....
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

No go for it - why not.....
                    Thank you Niddy. I shall do that - it would be a lovely bonus to find out the last payment date is earlier than I thought. One can dream...
                    Niddified and proud!

Comment

Everything crossed xx
                      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE - HOIST & CABOT CASES

Hi

Regards the issues with Hoist & Cabot - and all previous posts made by me on this; having discussed this in detail with our Solicitor we would suggest you follow the process below. Please remember that the below is generic designed to help protect you from certain actions. As each case may be different, try and use common sense before proceeding with any next steps - if unsure then send me a PM. Click HERE to PM me.
                        Option 1 - CCA Sent in the past which was Unenforceable / Incomplete
                        In this situation it would be wise to leave things well alone and literally respond with a simple 'this is in dispute' template. The template to send is HERE

Option 2 - CCA Sent in the past which was Enforceable and remains with the same DCA as the last CCA Request
                        In this situation it would be wise to send a new CCA Request to the DCA unless you did one in the last 90 days, in which case you need to determine whether writing back is wise or not. So if the CCA was last requested within the last 3 months then I'd suggest you update your diary and PM me so I can check things for you. If however you last sent a CCA request over 3 months ago, send another (to the DCA). Template to send is HERE

Option 3 - CCA Sent in the past which was Enforceable and has been sold to a new DCA since your last CCA Request
                        In this situation it would be wise to reissue a new CCA Request to the new DCA as documents do get lost in translation so what was once EN / UE, may no longer be. Template to send is HERE

Option 4 - No CCA ever sent
                        If you have never sent a CCA Request then do one asap! This would be sent to the DCA with a £1 fee. Template to send is HERE

Additional - SAR Request to Original Creditor

For all cases above, if you have not requested SAR from the Original Creditor then it would be wise to send a request (it costs £10) - this will save time long term but only do this if the DCA (Cabot or Hoist Portfolio) have written to say they've sold the account to Restons / PRA / Shoosmiths. Template to send is HERE

Additional - LBA Response to solicitor acting for Hoist / Cabot

This is a new template specifically designed to respond to a legal threat from Hoist or Cabot's law firm (PRA / Restons / Shoosmiths). Only send this if you get an LBA from one of the solicitor firms mentioned. ** LBA TEMPLATE **

I hope the above makes sense but if not please PM me. I do not want to discuss tactics publicly here where the solicitors named herein are known to browse AAD
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Debbie has written before with no success and now wants her money back. Soon we will have seen every one of their templates.

She appears to be fiddling with the descriptions on CRAs and the like. Perhaps there is a pre-selection process before she attempts a strike............

Comment

Sorry. Not quite all. She knows where he lives, and the debt was recently purchased by Cabot Financial UK which is collected by Cabot Financial Europe, so the letter is also a notification of assignment.

Going round in circles, perhaps they are just trying out new printing software, or trying to get him to respond telling them they have got it all wrong. Don't think he will.

Comment

Had another look at the detail in the letter. I raised and eyebrow and wish to raise concern for others. On the left side of each page of the letter is a date stamp and other identifying details which appear to contain customer number plus timestamp. The references are also at the top of the letter by the address and barcoded for ease of OCR

Anyone attaching such correspondence to posts, without covering the all the references, will be uniquely identifiable. Take care.

Comment

Had another look at the detail in the letter. I raised and eyebrow and wish to raise concern for others. On the left side of each page of the letter is a date stamp and other identifying details which appear to contain customer number plus timestamp. The references are also at the top of the letter by the address and barcoded for ease of OCR

Anyone attaching such correspondence to posts, without covering the all the references, will be uniquely identifiable. Take care.
                                Thanks, that is useful to know.

Must say, Cabot are getting a bit trigger-happy. At what point will they realise they might be misfiring?
                                Niddified and proud!

Comment

Working...
                                X