Cabot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot

I've had a letter from Cabot Financial which states the "Current Creditor" as "Marlin Europe 1 Ltd".

This was my Harvey Nichols store card. I know I know first there was Harrods and then there was Harvey Nicks

If it ends up in court the DJ will see from the statements that I once spent over £60 on a pair of French silk cami knickers

Those were the days

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      I've had a letter from Cabot Financial which states the "Current Creditor" as "Marlin Europe 1 Ltd".

This was my Harvey Nichols store card. I know I know first there was Harrods and then there was Harvey Nicks

If it ends up in court the DJ will see from the statements that I once spent over £60 on a pair of French silk cami knickers

Those were the days

Plan B x
      Not forgetting the Twangy suspenders lol
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Those were the days

Plan B x
        Why? Are you worried that he might also buy his there?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Size 26?

PS Did you like the anagrams?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post

PS Did you like the anagrams?
            They did not go unmissed Cloggy

Comment

I once spent over £60 on a pair of French silk cami knickers
              I always thought you were a "class act" Plan B. This just confirms it!

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                I always thought you were a "class act" Plan B. This just confirms it!
                Ahem - you have no room to talk. You're no angel either (haha - yea I just said that. Ooops)
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I've had a very mild letter today from Cabot for the "admitted UE by Capital four years ago"card. As well as being well UE it's also SB so I think I'll just ignore them for a wee while

Cabot haven't half bought a great pile of lemons

Comment

My Cap One alleged debt has now been sold to Cabot ... It says "Write to us at Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited", Worthing address.
                    However, the Current Creditor is listed as Cabot Financial UK Limited.

That's confusing in itself, those would be two different companies, surely!
                    Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                    SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                      Letter received today from Cabot Financial. This refers to my supposed Crap1 account. Assigned to Cabot Financial (UK) limited on 24/09/2015.
                      It states, this letter was sent on 22 October 2015.
                      Taken a long time to arrive!
                      All that I can say is that they would like to help me to take positive steps to repaying the balance outstanding. Over £7000,00.
                      I think not.
                      Do I just sit tight or tell them that Crap1 admitted UE many years ago.
                      I'm in a similar position to you, Enforcer, alleged balance is a bit higher, I'll be SB by June next year (might be earlier, I'll need to treble check).

I am mildly hopeful, having read this thread, that they have bought something they weren't allowed to buy, and more importantly, aren't allowed to sell on????!!!
                      Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
                      SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Out of the blue have received a letter from Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd stating current creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited. I believe this relates to a bank overdraft at a bank a/c I shut some 10 years ago (although it says original lender is NAG?) ...it went to Apex (Past Due credit solutions) until May 2012 when i stopped paying £1 pm..they offered a discount before handing back to Apex..I ignored this and have heard nothing since, until this week.
                        What should I do ? ignore ? Dispute ? it's just over £600.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          You're no angel either
                          Yes. there is still some life in the old girl - and long may it continue!

Comment

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
                            Out of the blue have received a letter from Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd stating current creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited. I believe this relates to a bank overdraft at a bank a/c I shut some 10 years ago (although it says original lender is NAG?) ...it went to Apex (Past Due credit solutions) until May 2012 when i stopped paying £1 pm..they offered a discount before handing back to Apex..I ignored this and have heard nothing since, until this week.
                            What should I do ? ignore ? Dispute ? it's just over £600.
                            guess i'll just send the prove it letter...

Comment

Worked for me with them recently

Comment

Originally posted by bosdog View Post
                                Worked for me with them recently
                                nice one ! is the SB period for overdrafts debt the same as credit card debt do you know ?

Comment

Working...
                                X