Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strepsi
    replied
    I have a debt that was bought by 1st Credit when licence was lapsed, they have since been taken over or changed there name to Intrum.

Where does this leave me?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied
    Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Who has sent that letter to your son?

Is it definitely a CCJ (Default Judgement) sent by the court or is it just the claim form so he may still be able to defend the claim?

Di
    it hasn't arrived here yet but its my son's ex girlfriends mother who is panicking so i said to forward it here - when it comes i will post what it is , thanks

It's from cabot so i believe . It may well be a threat .

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
    My son has had a letter from his previous address that Cabot have got a CCJ on an account - he never even knew about this debt with Cabot- I've told the previous address tennant to forward the letter to me at my address so I can look at it for him and try and sort it out .

Is there any way of avoiding this CCJ as he didn't even know it had been applied for ?

Who has sent that letter to your son?

Is it definitely a CCJ (Default Judgement) sent by the court or is it just the claim form so he may still be able to defend the claim?

Di

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Set Aside cost £255 and the reason is as stated to old address N244
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 19 March 2018, 14:06.

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied
    My son has had a letter from his previous address that Cabot have got a CCJ on an account - he never even knew about this debt with Cabot- I've told the previous address tennant to forward the letter to me at my address so I can look at it for him and try and sort it out .

Is there any way of avoiding this CCJ as he didn't even know it had been applied for ?

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied
    Then to Ruthbridge, then back to Cabot. I bet the distance is literally a ping-pong table. They do pong, don't they?

Leave a comment:

• cardiac arrest
    replied
    usual monthly letter from Deborah..but now they are proposing I can settle at a 75% discount ! Woo...AND they will amend my credit file with 'partially settled' (ignoring the fact it's been off my credit file for years now).....SB in 16 weeks, so I'll pass, thank you anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Originally posted by fuzz66 View Post
    Cabot FCA smoke and mirrors? I came across this whilst looking into Cabot and FCA and am a little confused what they are trying to tell people, To me it just sums up their smoke and mirrors act. (sorry if this is in the wrong place i'm a newbie Ha Ha)

http://www.cabotfinancial.com/import...n-with-the-fca
    See Niddy's
    https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...50#post1291550
    "..The exact reasons we want to keep sensitive if you don't mind..."

Be thankful that this site has a cracking good Legal Team!

Leave a comment:

• fuzz66
    replied
    Cabot FCA smoke and mirrors? I came across this whilst looking into Cabot and FCA and am a little confused what they are trying to tell people, To me it just sums up their smoke and mirrors act. (sorry if this is in the wrong place i'm a newbie Ha Ha)

http://www.cabotfinancial.com/import...n-with-the-fca

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    minxt

Create a Diary (this helps you and the site to understand your Case and give good advice)

https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...3228#post43228

To help me, to help you, please provide the following information for each account:
    • Type of account (credit card/loan)
    • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)
    • Approx balance
    • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying
    • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
    • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)
    Best if you could subscribe to AAD+ which gives access to the legal Templates

This is a recent Case and the advice given is worth following.
    https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...68#post1506168

What was the date on the Letter Before Claim since you have 30 days to reply?
    Send the s 77-79 CCA Request send to Cabot plus £1 with the CCA request template (send recorded delivery and if with £1 postal order .
    Send a copy of this CCA Request to Wright Hassall

Send a SAR Template to the ORIGINAL CREDITOR costs £10 send recorded delivery. This is important to see what Cabot know or don't know about your Loan!

As regards the Letter of Claim Di's advice.this will need replying to before the end of the 30 days is up!
    So make certain that you do not miss the 30 days limit "..return the LBC response form otherwise they will issue a claim. Tick box D stating that you dispute the debt."

Follow the above processes and you will get good advice

Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• minxt
    replied
    Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place..

​​​​​I need advice on how to respond to a Formal Letter of Claim from Wright Hassall Solicitors on behalf of Cabot Financial UK Ltd.

It relates to a loan, last paid in 2013. CCA request has not been sent. I have ignored everything received so far. This feels more serious, please can you help?

​​​​​​Thanks

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied
    They try to ramp up and scare close to SB , keep going so long now xxxx

Leave a comment:

• Spent2much
    replied
    Our debts are SB in June this year and we've started getting letters from Cabot saying they haven't heard from us and to contact them - not had threats so ignoring them for now . Can't wait for June never thought this time would come around I kept reading other members threads that they were now SB and wishing it were me - but its come so quickly .

Leave a comment:

• cardiac arrest
    replied
    Originally posted by Spud View Post
    That is a matter of some debate unfortunately......Depending which side of the fence you sit.......... Some Creditors are trying to bend the rules somewhat..........A rough guide obviously 6 years from last payment date/ Acknowledgement or 6 years from Default date - Best advice is just keep doing what you are now if it is working and post up if anything changes......Your doing great

I would like to say June this year but it seems liable to some testing by the lenders/courts at the moment - Unless anybody is aware of any developments
    Thanks, I don't expect anything different to what has been going on for the past year or so...I just ignore...file...and carry on. When June passes I'll move my papers into upstairs storage and forget about it all..and eventually recycle...Been a long wait.

Leave a comment:

• Spud
    replied
    That is a matter of some debate unfortunately......Depending which side of the fence you sit.......... Some Creditors are trying to bend the rules somewhat..........A rough guide obviously 6 years from last payment date/ Acknowledgement or 6 years from Default date - Best advice is just keep doing what you are now if it is working and post up if anything changes......Your doing great

I would like to say June this year but it seems liable to some testing by the lenders/courts at the moment - Unless anybody is aware of any developments

Leave a comment:

Working...
X