• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Re: Cabot

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    Why don't you write back, for her personal and confidential attention, asking her if she ever sells her soiled panties by post?
    (Because sending soiled knickers by the post is illegal.)
    Wait a minute - was the nickname = Knickerless used??

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    Why don't you write back, for her personal and confidential attention, asking her if she ever sells her soiled panties by post?

Cloggy

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

Originally posted by julian View Post
    Perhaps they are testing out a new IT system, and if you don't answer the phone they send a letter.
    It's that loverly Debbie Green that just wants to give us all a cuddle.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Just sent a text to Cloggy about this and his reply - legendary as ever

What was announced? Are you having Cabot's love child? Mozeltoff !

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

Mine says Cabot Financial,write to us at Cabot Financial (Marlin)LTD.website marlin financial group.

Leave a comment:

• Enforcer
    replied

Re Cabot and assignment from Crap 1. Date of assignment 24/09/2015
    This letter acts as notice of assignment of your account to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited and as such should be kept by you at all times.
    Cabot Financial (UK) Limited is the legal owner of the account, referenced overleaf.
    Cabot Financial (UK) Limited is part of the Cabot Credit Management Group whose accounts are serviced by Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited, Apex Credit Management Limited and Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited also part of the Cabot Credit Management Group, which are entitled to receive payment of the full amount outstanding. We will always provide you reasonable notice as to which company within our group will service your account.

In my case they state that Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited who are part of Cabot Credit Management Group of companies, will be managing your account and we will be responsible for answering your queries and receiving your payments.

Where does this leave me legally?

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

OK so not withdrawing. Just sent "Disappointed" letter asking for budget form to be completed and returned. BUT no stamped addressed envelope! What should one do????.

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

Friend with Apex to CFUK (or acronym) default with year+ to go saw CRA report last week and it had disappeared. What is going on? Sell on or withdrawal? Hopefully the latter.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Cabot Financial (UK) Limited is the issue

Leave a comment:

• davidm
    replied

got this this week niddy
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bosdog
    replied

Originally posted by julian View Post
    I have seen 5 letters dated on 5 separate days, last week, saying they can help and give guidance and asking to phone. "We help thousands of customers each month to set up regular monthly repayment plans and we would like to help you take steps towards being free of this debt." Ahhh, how nice!

Write to Cabot Financial (Europe), but Current Creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited.
    My letters from Cabot are the same quoting "Write to Cabot Financial (Europe), but Current Creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by Spud View Post
    Say nothing and carry on as normal?
    That's what I'd do - for sure!

Leave a comment:

• Spud
    replied

That's very interesting

I have 2x accounts that were recently sold to Cabot, And they are just starting to chase me now, Ignored their hello letter a few weeks ago and they have sent the second letters today

What do we suggest as a reply then, Say nothing and carry on as normal or get the fact on record?

Not going to reply until next week anyway !!!

UPDATE : I need to check which "Brand" of Cabot first - Read back to beginning
    Last edited by Spud; 21 September 2015, 14:45.

Leave a comment:

• alland
    replied

Cabot are sitting on three of my card accounts (all three are different creditors) ,amounting to a total of around £14K .... they've had them for a couple of years and used to be quite vigorous in demanding that I enter into a payment arrangement, but they have been unusually quiet for a good few months now. ....just watch I'll get back to the UK next week and they'll try and whack me with something ....

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by Riz View Post
    So a non authorised company cannot buy a regulated debt
    No - they are not authorised to conduct any business in credit repair / collection activity / etc etc. Why would they buy it unless they planned to collect against it....?

Originally posted by Riz View Post
    ...or get a authorised company to collect it on their behalf?
    No - because they are the collection company involved. It'd be different if say we (as an un-authorised company) had a debtor and sent it to an appropriately authorised DCA to collect for us. However in this context, Cabot weren't authorised to conduct ANY DCA or regulated activity whilst unauthorised so ANYTHING they do regarding the account would be a breach. Even if it was purchased whilst authorised.

That's the basis behind the FCA - that a non regulated company does not conduct regulated activity - it'd never stand up in court would it because otherwise the courts would be accepting 'loan sharks' again.....

The exact reasons we want to keep sensitive if you don't mind.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X