Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cabot

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
    This isn't a big debt but I'm 18 months from SB...Just thought it odd to receive a random text from a solicitor
    tbh , I thought they liked everything in writing and of course we haven't been 'introduced'...
    Nothing worse than being solicited before you have been formally introduced
    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

It can't be a good start to the year for them, as they are attempting to scrape the barrel. 10% to clear the debt. Unfortunately, not a great offer when long SB. Should I consider? Don't think so.

Comment

I received a letter from Cabot last week, Ref. an alleged Cap One debt of £3,420 ...they have kindly offered me a "never to be repeated" offer to close this account for a one off payment of £420, as with Julian's post above, this is also long time SB so I don't think I'll be writing a cheque out....

Comment

At least its possibly of interest to a statistician recording how low they will offer to settle for, it must be one of the lowest percentages offered

Comment

I've just received a discount offer ( spring clean) offer its called .

Comment

If it's 100% take it x
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I wonder whether they have loyalty cards. I could do with some points to build up my credit rating.

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                  I've just received a discount offer ( spring clean) offer its called .
                  Hopefully if they are having a spring clean they will throw all the rubbish debts (and treat those with letters from here as uncollectable rubbish) away

Comment

• I realise this is an old thread, However, Cabot Financial (UK) Limited are shown as the current creditor on all my letters from them, the latest is that they have reviewed my account for legal action and I have 28 days to contact them.
                    Cabot credit management are managing on their behalf, and have logged their details on my Credit file.

Comment

• it's that time of year, think most DCA's are sending them out
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• xmas party time need funds, bit like the begging adverts for charities mass at xmas time

Comment

• Nice.....the Vultures, sending them at the time of year people are already stressed and stretched

If they have no license why are they buying debts still?

Comment

• Cabot were all lined up for a flotation on the stock exchange, now pulled out, wonder why! Everything was based on their forward projections, no one believed them. They have far too many uncollectable, unenforceable, debts

Comment

• You'd think they pop a xmas card in with their demands.,..

Comment

• Unfortunately as I have not been in contact with them, they passed my SB date to Ruthbridge, Those nice people offered me 70% one time offer, time limited. Once again they were upset at my failure to answer despite multiple (i.e.ONE) attempts to contact, my debt is winging its way back to Cabot.

Out of interest what is classified as an attempt? Oooh I think I might call that person, or should I have a cup of tea, lift phone, put it down. Next time dial 200year old number they nicked from Hunter or somewhere. Etc, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X