GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Virgin (MBNA) Credit Card / PRA Group - Iredeemably Unenforceable! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virgin (MBNA) Credit Card / PRA Group - Iredeemably Unenforceable!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Virgin (MBNA) Credit Card / PRA Group - Iredeemably Unenforceable!

I can't disagree, with the things I see posted on threads.

It's so good to get people over here to get some proper advices and such great support from you all.

It amazes me how quickly you and other members of the team answer appeals for help!

Do you ever sleep?

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
      Do you ever sleep?
      I'll sleep plenty when I'm dead
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Are we all seeing this thread? Please keep it bumped / post replies as we don't want to see any poor victims when we can help them.

Please share this thread on social media.

Plan B x

Comment

Shame it does not apply to all pre 2007 MBNA accounts
          When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

If it's branded it might but we've won in court on Virgin much like planB won regards Store -> Credit upgrade (inertia selling).....

There will be more but we need to prove it to a court / judge first
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Is there a reason that it only applies to pre-April 2007, and not May 2007? Anything specific? e.g. Signature related? or Did they change the Website application form or Ts & Cs?
              Last edited by julian; 15 December 2015, 14:01. Reason: sticky fingers

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
                Is there a reason that it only applies to pre-April 2007, and not May 2007? Anything specific? e.g. Signature related? or Did they change the Website application form or Ts & Cs?
                Due (In part) to the prescribed terms. Changes to the law were made in April 2007 which negates the reasons of success.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yep I do understand that pre-April 2007 are re easily UE. However, as Niddy states on another thread today Virgin// Moorcroft that a Virgin CC from October 2008 is UE, I am confused. It doesn't take much to confuse me.

So are all Virgin CC UE? Or is it on case by case basis post April 2007, as all others?

Comment

Niddy possibly skim read and say "pay attention to this". Did I actually say it was UE cos if post 04/2007 (ie s.127(3-5) was repealed) then it won't be. Fact (it's impossible)

The reason 04/2007 is because IMPORTANT elements of the CCA were repealed then. Look at s.127(3) 127(4)(a) - as enacted - for instance

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
                      So are all Virgin CC UE?
                      No. ONLY pre 04/2007 as stated in my first post on the thread.

Anything after 04/2007 cannot be Iredeemebly UE as a judge has no power to award such. There are no possible ways to win UE post 04/2007 as the CCA repealed the parts we'd usually rely on.

Yes s.87/88 etc still stands but that would only offer a discontinuance not a statement of UE by the court.

Comment

I have a pre-2007 Virgin account that I'm currently making monthly payments on to PRA. They sent what looked like a good CCA response when I requested it.

So is it time to stop paying?

Comment

Maybe let Niddy take a look x
                          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Grassy_K View Post
                            I have a pre-2007 Virgin account that I'm currently making monthly payments on to PRA. They sent what looked like a good CCA response when I requested it.

So is it time to stop paying?
                            Send it over via email please.

Comment

I have already had Niddy look at my Virgin (MBNA) agreement and came back as UE.(its in my UE Diary), Can I assume this also applies if it was taken out online?

Comment

I have replied in your UE Diary. Niddy has replied UE. No point in a letter ping pong send a LBA

Comment

Working...
                                X