GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SAR & GDPR 2018 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAR & GDPR 2018

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

You would provide enough info for them to identify you, so if you were at a previous address then yes, provide it. You should account for the previous 6 years - so if you had 5 addresses in this time then provide them all in chronological order. If you have multiple accounts with a lender then provide the info, if not then provide the details for one account but explain the SAR needs to include all data held, albeit you've only provided one account number to allow them to trace you on their systems.

How can it implicate you? You wouldn't SAR a lender you are fighting UE with - that is kinda silly so we wouldn't suggest you ever do that unless you're defending a legal claim / threat.
    Thank you Niddy
    Perfectly explained, and I have an account number not in dispute to provide them with

Saint X

Comment

Well must admit call credit (Noddle) just made the time limit 30 days +4 days - pity about all the blanked out remarks, I asked for all human input to be shown, a lot of gobbly gook with their internal codes and inferences to whatever, But not 100% response to old letters etc, but give them their due large package received.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Isn't it normal for any shorthand or code to have a key? So why do they not provide one?

The aim is for the person requesting the data to understand the data, and other human beings not in the employ of the data holder. This may include the desk protocols used by the company. However, that pig has just flown, I think.

Comment

agreed - I am sure from banks etc there is a list of codes and meanings as I remember in the past:- A lot of BLACK over sentence lines on a lot of pages noted, I do included any MANUAL Human intervention on any SAR Request!
          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 10 July 2018, 13:19.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X