GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script I didn't send you a Private Message - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I didn't send you a Private Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't send you a Private Message

I'm hearing reports of some members who say they have received a PM from me in the last 24 hours. It was not sent by me (and nothing showing in my SENT box either).

Perhaps my PM facility has been compromised, hacked or hijacked in some way so I have disabled it.

I'm told that members can't delete the PM they received (purporting to be from me) which contains a link - I suggest you don't attempt to click on it.

I'm grateful to those who've made me aware and would ask anyone else who receives one of the rogue PMs to post on this thread.

I will report this issue to Never-in-Doubt.

Di

How bizarre!

If someone has one of these PM's can you please screen print it and forward to me - webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Thanks
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Interesting, I have got 2 notifications, and when I click to see them there are no pm's or notifications, but, there are 2 flagged reports, one is from Di and the other for me. It sems that we have both reported the same post about apps, so could it be these that are being mistaken for a pm?
      Not sure why I have a notification since I am not a moderator and obviously cannot delete posts, but could it be something to do with it?
      When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

it's because you were included in the PM.... please just delete anything weird.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

No, nothing. The notifications have gone For me it was showing next to the flagged reports on the left side of that page underneath the Subscriptions part of the menu, there was nothing in the actual pm's
          When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
            No, nothing. The notifications have gone For me it was showing next to the flagged reports on the left side of that page underneath the Subscriptions part of the menu, there was nothing in the actual pm's
            Good that's right then as I did wipe it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
              Same for me but all seems ok now

Comment

Originally posted by vaper View Post

Same for me but all seems ok now
                Good! Thanks for alerting us to this.

Comment

I received them too. I took the PRAgmatic approach and assumed it was a PRAnk (did you like that )

Comment

Working...
                  X