GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New Forum Theme - June 2017 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Forum Theme - June 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum Theme - June 2017

You'll see that we've now upgraded the forum software and the theme to a much more user friendly layout.

There will be little bugs so if you spot anything please let us know by replying to this thread and we'll look into resolving the issue.

There are lots of new features with the forum and also there are some things we've decided to remove, plus we've given the whole forum a general tidy up. We'll post additional details in due course with a full list of new features, what we've removed and what will be different.

Niddy
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

What's New

Below you'll find a list of changes which will affect the forum and how you're used to viewing and using it:

1. Message centre layout is new and now highlights recent activity with a new drop-down module at the top of the forum.
    2. Add images to messages - from your message click the paper clip icon and then select the image / file from your computer and upload it. It will then automatically attach to the private message.
    3. Top of forum - click messages and the pop-up will show your most recent messages and if you click new message you'll see a new message pop-up. To use the main message centre instead of the pop-up, click the word message centre from the drop down list or click here - Message Centre
    4. Images in your post - you can now easily increase the size of the thumbnail when you upload an image to your message - once you upload the image by clicking the paper clip icon in the quick reply editor, you will see options underneath the editor allowing you to increase the image size so just click the image size you want to embed it into your post.
    5. Notifications - at the top of the forum you'll now see a notifications option. Click this to easily keep track of your notification alerts from post likes to new messages.
    6. Post Like - we've removed the old thanks system but kept the previous values for the new post like facility. To see who likes a post simply click / mouseover the like thumbs-up icon at the bottom of every post and you'll see a little pop-up box showing all members who liked that particular post / entry.
    7. We've removed all usergroups to simplify things and we now have AAD Moderators and Members. There are no more weird group names like site team, expert etc. This makes the forum management more streamlined and allows you to easily identify a moderator by their blue username.
    8. We've removed all user ranks (the medals and stars) because we wanted to keep the user info relative and non-intrusive so the only information that will show under your avatar on your forum posts will be your name, title, join date and posts.
    9. The website is now Ajax based which means you'll see a lot more background pop-ups and live updates whilst you're navigating. There are less windows to open and instead you'll see little colourful pop-up boxes instead.

Theme & Layout

Visually the forum looks great. It has a whole new look, feel and is extremely fast and powerful again. We have removed the old domain (forums.all-about-debt) and moved the forum onto the main all-about-debt domain and then added an SSL Certificate to help secure your connection to the forum. We have chosen the bright cherry colour mixed with a calming blue because it represents us far better than bright orange or tea-green (well we think so anyway!).

The website should load much faster now and regardless of the device used, should look great and render properly whether you're on a small mobile device or using a large monitor using internet explorer! In essence all the old visual faults have been resolved or replaced with better. There is no mobile forum anymore, the forum will recognise the screen size of your device and render appropriately - you do not need to alter anything.

New Tabs

There are some changes to how things work, compared with the old forum that you may be used to. For instance, at the moment the top tabs read like this - FORUMS | BLOGS | ARTICLES | AAD+ | TEMPLATES. Note, if you are not a member of AAD+ then the Templates tab will not be visible - only registered AAD+ members can see this tab. The Articles tab is where we'll add relevant information to the forum, such as legal case victories or other relevant information to our beliefs or activities. The blogs will continue to house the financial and debt related posts from around the world, as per usual and you can easily access the blog by clicking on the Blogs tab shown at the top of every page.

Within the templates tab, AAD+ Members can view and download all the templates available.

The AAD+ tab is a shortcut to access. So for non members they will be able to view the content and then easily subscribe to AAD+ if they wish. AAD+ members that click the tab will see different options and menus, designed to help them visit the main protected sections of AAD+ quickly and with ease.

Removed

We've removed quite a lot of things from the forum, for numerous reasons. For instance we couldn't use the embedded forms to add new claims so we've removed those. Similarly, we felt that the user fields were becoming too clogged up so we've removed all the icons / stars and stuff leaving just your avatar, username & title, reputation power, join date and your post count. To view additional member info just go into their profile by clicking their username.

We've also removed a lot of redundant threads, posts and guides and slimmed the forum out quite a lot. We've not archived the content as it was out of date / unsupported / irrelevant so instead we've literally discarded it. As such you may notice your post count and like count will reduce, however do not worry as these stats really don't mean anything on our forum. We were in a dilemma about adding a like option but decided to leave it intact for now, however please do not get upset if your like count drops - it really doesn't matter.

We've removed the duplicate blog threads from the forum so now to read out blogs you just need to click the Blogs tab at the top of every page.

Roles

We've now slimmed down the roles and responsibilities of our volunteer team because we feel we're a lot better policed with self reporting, which has worked great for the last few years. Please do not think our team has done anything wrong, they haven't - we just felt it'd be a lot easier making everyone the same so your new team will now be called AAD Moderators and will show a blue username with their moderator title underneath their username across the whole forum.

The site administrator is Never-in-Doubt (Niddy). You can contact him directly on webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk if you have any queries or concerns.

Wording

You will notice some wording has changed but instead of listing all the changes, it's important to know that a channel is actually a forum category. So for example the main UE Section is the category and within the category it has two sub categories (diaries / free templates). These will now be called channels so if you mark the channel as read, then you are in essence marking all the posts in the Unenforceable Credit Agreements section as read.
    Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 24 June 2017, 13:58.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Known Issues

We are aware of a few issues which we are still working on, if you notice anything not shown in the list below please reply to this thread and let us know about it so we can remedy the problem.
      • Emails / System Notifications
        We're aware that certain system emails are not being sent. Such as new private message / thread notification update etc
      • Template Letters
        The new template tab (visible to AAD+ members) has not been fully updated so the templates within the Unenforceability Templates Section will not work at the moment
      • WYSIWYG Editor Icons
        Within the editor icons some of the old custom BB code icon fields are still visible - these will not work so pointless clicking them (they are in a grey box with no icon visible - just avoid clicking them)
      • Links to Templates
        Links posted in older threads, to template letters, will no longer work. All templates are now on a new URL so none of the links posted in older threads will work. Remember, only AAD+ Members will see the templates tab at the top of the forum however the Free Templates are still available from within the UE section of the forum
      Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 24 June 2017, 14:02.

Comment

How can you help?

The UE Threads and guides have been updated and will be recognised with the text [UPDATED 06/2017] at the end of the thread title. That said we're working through other guides and updating any we see so they won't all be correct at this stage. Therefore, can you please reply to this thread pasting the URL of any guides that you notice which are out of date or no longer relevant. Also please let us know on here if you find any bugs, spot any errors or cannot do something and we'll look into everything individually.

Check the list above before you post links as we are currently still working on things which is time consuming.

Have a good look around and we hope you enjoy the new look forum.

Comment

Looking Good !

Di

Comment

I agree, it is looking good.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I like it. Much faster & extremely easy to use

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                extremely easy to use

Speak for yourself !

I immediately tried to edit my DOB (# femalevanity) and it told me my request was invalid. I beg to differ.

On a more serious note, I feel removal of the *THANKS* button is a good idea. It's about helping people who need help not a league table of appreciation for giving help.

Although I should add it's helpful to know whether the member has read what's been posted on their thread if it's time sensitive such as wihen a claim is in progress - will those with Mod access still be able to see that at the bottom of the page ?

Di
                Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 24 June 2017, 20:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

On a more serious note, I feel removal of the *THANKS* button is a good idea. It's about helping people who need help not a league table of appreciation for giving help.
                  The like button is down in the bottom right, I did add it in the end

Comment

I immediately tried to edit my DOB (# femalevanity) and it told me my request was invalid. I beg to differ.
                    Hmmm, strange - let me check - can you message me what to put in there please and I will try it from admin. Thanks - will check it out.

Although I should add it's helpful to know whether the member has read what's been posted on their thread if it's time sensitive such as wihen a claim is in progress - will those with Mod access still be able to see that at the bottom of the page ?
                    That was a mod for the old forum version, there isn't a suitable one for here and we don't want to go editing the structure just yet - i'll leave it on our list to do when we've stress-tested everything in a few weeks time. Please remind me in a while and I'll look at adding some code to render the last visit to each thread and by whom (presumably what you're talking about)...?

Comment

Is it worth sending a generic email to all registered users of a AAD telling them about the relaunch ? ( I don't know how feasible this is!) Maybe a few words of explanation etc to get posters back and active which may encourage the spiders that I keep hearing about.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Speak for yourself !

Di
                        My year is no longer showing - phew
                        Last edited by cymruambyth; 25 June 2017, 08:46.

Comment

Smilies appear to go where they want!

Comment

Smilies - just edit post and delete them then click on the page where you want it to appear and THEN select your smiley.

If you don't click on the position before you load the smilies they'll always go at the top of the post in position A1 (think a grid layout)

Comment

Generic email - no can do. Emails are something we are working on (see post further up ^^ )

We'll send something when we've fixed the email issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X