GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New Forum Theme - June 2017 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Forum Theme - June 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In case you aren't aware, we've implemented user tagging now so if you want to let another member know you're discussing their case or want them to receive a notification alert to your reply, simply start to type their username after the @ symbol.

So an example, to tag me you'd literally type @never and then you'll see a pop up appear with a list of members who have never in their name. Click the one you want to tag and that's all. Or just type their whole username after the @ symbol. Example - Never-In-Doubt

See the FAQ entry regards this facility here - https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/hel...e/bbcode_basic (scroll to the bottom under heading User Mentions).
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Diana Mayhew youll love this for alerting members on their legal cases.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Diana Mayhew youll love this for alerting members on their legal cases.
        I even got an email alert to let me know I'd been "mentioned" by you

Di

Comment

Tip!

If you're logging in on your mobile device, turn it landscape (sideways) to display the enhanced icons (i.e. The quote / like / edit etc buttons).

Comment

Now that I'm used to it I love the new theme etc. Much better

Comment

Well done Nids - it's really looking good.

Comment

Morning , it's taken about 4 attempts to log in ive been getting ,fatal error invalid URL ,cheers x
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Very nice shiny new look but it has taken me until today to be able to login

Login wouldn't accept my password and password forgotten was sending out blank emails. Also the Contact Us menu option allowed me to send something but never got a reply.

Today the password change process actually worked. Thought I was never going to get back in

If there seems to be people not logging in who you'd expect to maybe they've had similar issues?

Comment

I fixed email issue yesterday so these should work fine now.

Any problems - always mail me directly. webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Nanna - that's a browser error. Just close browser and reopen it. Forum should load fine.

Comment

Ok will do xx
                      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm not sure if it's new theme linked or not, but I just replied (once) to a thread and it took ages to post - and then I saw it had posted in triplicate!

https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-starting-again/unenforceable-credit-agreements/unenforceability-diaries/10184-daveyboys-ue-enquiry/page15
                        Last edited by DNW; 1 July 2017, 15:51. Reason: Fixed link

Comment

Originally posted by DNW View Post
                          I'm not sure if it's new theme linked or not, but I just replied (once) to a thread and it took ages to post - and then I saw it had posted in triplicate!

https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-starting-again/unenforceable-credit-agreements/unenforceability-diaries/10184-daveyboys-ue-enquiry/page15
                          It happened to me too (duplicated post) here > https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...34#post1496534

Di

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                            Morning , it's taken about 4 attempts to log in ive been getting ,fatal error invalid URL ,cheers x
                            I've also experienced that error message and not just when logging in - it happens when I click on all sorts of things.

Probably just teething trouble

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              Di - guests can't click those links, no. Only logged in members.
                              Oh dear, I still can't find a way to see "Today's Posts" (or the equivalent "Activity Stream" type of thing) unless I'm logged in.

How do Guests (or members when not logged in) know what's been posted in the last 24 hours?

Di

Comment

Only registered logged in members get to see lists.

Sorry. Guests need to view the homepage and go from there.

As for the repeated posts - wait while it posts. As we are testing there's times where it will freeze but just leave it 10 seconds (you'll see a yellow pop up saying "working") and then click the logo. It'll post. If not go back in and press reply and you'll see an option to restore saved data or wipe it.

The fatal error - I'm working on this now.

Comment

Working...
                                X