GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New Forum Theme - June 2017 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Forum Theme - June 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its good to see it up and running.really missed the site.great work Niddy.

Comment

Cheers
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I have only had a quick look around but it looks great and as a bonus works really well with my old dinosaur Windows 7 Google chrome laptop......

I always had trouble typing posts correctly on the old site !!!!!!

Fantastic
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

First thing I noticed about the new site is that if you look at a topic you can't go straight to the last message
          ie You go straight to page 1 and you can only go to the next page.
          f you want to go to the last page eg page 15 of 15 you have to go to the bottom of page one first.
          Just wondered if anyone else noticed this.

Comment

Originally posted by Westham1 View Post
            First thing I noticed about the new site is that if you look at a topic you can't go straight to the last message
            ie You go straight to page 1 and you can only go to the next page.
            If you want to go to the last page eg page 15 of 15 you have to go to the bottom of page one first.
            Just wondered if anyone else noticed this.
            It is set to go to last post in the topic from the main page.... So if you are looking at the main forum and press the actual last thread title then it will jump to the last post in that thread.

See example image below - so in this case if you click the title it would link to your post which was the last post on this thread before my reply here.....

The only exception from what I've seen, is if you're actually looking at Todays Topics list - then it takes you to post 1 of the thread.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

For your info - the way the "New Topics" link at the top left of the page works is slightly different in that it will show EVERYTHING new since your last visit. It's not the same as before which showed the last 24hrs of posts. So it will likely be empty most the time if you frequently login & out.

Topics, in the sense of new topics means new posts, threads, articles & blogs.

The articles tab at the top of the forum only works when logged out. I'm aware and fixing it.

Comment

Great lookin, smooth and fast......

spending my early morning penny, worth loosing/removing? 'Latest Topics' on the right of home page SAR and CCA Request that you posted, as they both link to AAD Home page

the RSS Feed opens up as html coding

pours an early morning strong black coffee for you you with a drop of Whisky in it

well done and team
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

See my last post above - the two pages you refer are Articles. Logout and you'll see them. It's because you're logged in that you can't but I'm fixing this.

As for RSS - which page are you on? It's a new URL for RSS now so at top of each forum you'll see an rss icon, try clicking that. See below how it renders (looks fine)

Click image for larger version

Name:	rss.png
Views:	133
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	1496282

Comment

Great new look! Well done AAD!
                    Decided to stay with VB then Nid, i think at one time, you were debating on - Xenforo was it?

Edit: Only niggle is my profile stated i was from England ​​​​​​
                    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                      Great new look! Well done AAD!
                      Decided to stay with VB then Nid, i think at one time, you were debating on - Xenforo was it?

Edit: Only niggle is my profile stated i was from England
                      Cheers mate - regards your profile, I did that yesterday as I had to reset the user title so because the field was blank I just clicked England on all mods - sorry

Xenforo will be next if we change from vB but it's taken our members so long to get to grips with vB I felt it best we don't add a whole new forum at this stage so instead we've just freshened it up, themed it and upgraded it to the latest secure version.

There are no more security issues / hacks etc - all clean and lightening fast (as it should be).

Comment

Articles tab at the top of the forum should now work ok - can you please click it and confirm you can access it ok? If not let me know on here....

Thanks

https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/articles

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          See my last post above - the two pages you refer are Articles. Logout and you'll see them. It's because you're logged in that you can't but I'm fixing this.

As for RSS - which page are you on? It's a new URL for RSS now so at top of each forum you'll see an rss icon, try clicking that. See below how it renders (looks fine)
                          Sorry matey, never read last 2 posts....will look again (up ere to webbing) - know that there will be a few bugs still just need to add more whisky to that coffee
                          RSS Feed - i clicked random just now - "debt with disability" this is what came up

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen shot.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	1496330Click image for larger version

Name:	screen shot.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	1496332

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Articles tab at the top of the forum should now work ok - can you please click it and confirm you can access it ok? If not let me know on here....

Thanks

https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/articles
                            Just done now - OK (Nana one opened this morning, but the 2 i had mentioned hadn't

Comment

The rss looks like that as you're not on a reader. Are you using your phone?

It's not a bug. That's normal as you've not got a reader deciding it into HTML.

Comment

I've now split new topics & today's posts so when you're logged in, if you look towards the top left side under the "Forum" tab (it'll be the cherry red tab) you'll now see two separate links; one for new topics (since last login) & today's posts which literally list all of today's posts!

The articles tab, blogs tab & AAD tab are all fine now. Currently working on the templates page - this tab only appears to AAD+ members so if you don't see it that's why.

Guests can no longer view these sub menu links. They'll just see the main tab names i.e. Forums / Blogs / Articles / AAD+. That's it.

Registered users (non AAD+ members) will see the same tabs as guests above, but also the sub menu links such as new topics & today's posts etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X