GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pip's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pip's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pip View Post
    Re: Pip's UE Diary

Pip's account no. 6
    RBS Mint
    Start date: March 2000
    Balance as of Dec 2011: approx. £5,000
    Last "full" payment (i.e. within their stipulated minimum): Sep 2010 (approx).
    Last DMP payment via CCCS: Dec 2011
    Default notice issued Nov 2010.
    Status: Last payment in Dec 2011 (smaller amount in Dec 2011 than the regular DMP payment had been up to that month)

JAN CCA Request sent to RBS
    JAN CCA received [COLOR=Blue]-- emailed Niddy -- Niddy says (post #92)[/COLOR

------ snipped, pls see post #6 for rest ------

JUN Letters from RBS and Cabot in same envelope: RBS letter: We have sold your account to Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd. Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd has instructed Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd to manage your account on its behalf. [Hmm. I wonder if this is relevant; copied it here just in case].
    Cabot letter: Your experience with Cabot will be different // Phone us in the next 7 days and our personal consultant will work with you to find a mutual solution. // Have a great day and we look forward to hearing from you very soon.
    JUN Letter from Cabot [less than a week after the last one]: We really want to help you // Your personal consultant is waiting // What could happen if you don't talk to us? -- Credit file affected // -- We may have to consider other ways to recover your debt // -- You'll receive calls and letters until you contact us // -- Outstanding amount will remain due. Have a great day ...
    JUL Letter from Cabot: What you should do now... We have explained that there are options available and we want to help you find the most suitable solution. We do need to hear from you so that we can help you take positive steps towards agreeing an affordable repayment plan and becoming free of this debt. If you're having difficulties paying it is important to tell us. // Your account may be reported on your credit file and may affect your ability to obtain credit now and in the future [Bit late for that!] When you start making payments on your account you will begin to reduce the balance shown on your credit report. // 3 simple steps: Gather details of your income and expenditure, call us on 0345, work with us to agree an affordable repayment plan. If we do not hear from you we will continue to contact you to help you resolve your outstanding balance.
    AUG Letter from Cabot: Our offer to you // We understand it can be difficult to clear your account in a short period of time ... // We believe that we understand debt and we wanted to share our thoughts with you. [??!]. We will work with you to understand your financial situation. If we can find an opportunity for you to repay this account in the short term, then we will help you make that happen. We own your account and are prepared to reduce the balance in order to help you become fee of this debt sooner. If you would like to take up our offer [they haven't mentioned any figures or offer], then call us. If this is not suitable then you need to advise us of your proposal to clear your account. This account may affect your credit rating and ability to get credit in future. Ask our team if your account is registered[??]
    SEP Letter from Cabot: Despite repeated attempts to contact you, we have been unable to gain your commitment to repay your debt. // The balance is due and we have advised you of several options that are available ... // You can manage your account by repaying an amount on a monthly basis ... // You should be aware that this account may be on your credit file as an outstanding debt ... // If you start making payments towards your account then your balance will reduce. // If we don't hear from you we will continue to contact you so that we can try and help you take steps towards being free of this debt.
    OCT Letter from Cabot: Your Next Steps ... We have tried to contact you ... Please contact us // Our aim is to help you take steps towards being free of this debt and we want to work with you to make that happen // If you give us details of any income you receive together with your bills and other priority expenditure, we will try to set up a repayment plan that suits you. We hope to hear from you soon.
    NOV Letter from Cabot: Give our Personal Payment Plans a try / So far we haven't had the opportunity to speak to you and find out what kind of plan might suit you. Which is why we have put together that we think will help you pay off your account. // Is this affordable for you? [Pay X quid a month for TEN YEARS!] Once you have cleared your account, you will receive a letter to let you know your account is closed.
    FEB Letter from Cabot: Take positive steps to repaying. You have a balance waiting to be paid. This account may be appearing on your credit file. Having a defaulted account showing on your credit file can impact your ability to get credit. You may have difficulty renting a property, getting a mortgage or taking out a phone contract. // By starting to pay back your account, the amount shown on your credit file will start to go down and can start to repair your credit file. // What you could do: pay in full; monthly repayment plan; discount. If this account does appear on your credit file we can talk to you about how each of these options would be reflected on it. Talk to us. Please contact us within the next 3 weeks; we will be trying to contact you.
    MAR Letter from Cabot: We would like to hear from you as we'd like to help you clear your account. We will tailor your repayment around your budget, so that it is fair and sustainable. // We've enclosed and income and expenditure form ... // If you would rather be free of this account quickly and could make a partial payment towards the total balance, then let us know. We can offer you a discount on your account if its [sic] affordable for you. Please contact us within the next 4 weeks to discuss your account; we will be trying to contact you.
    APR Letter from Cabot: Tell us your budget, save £50. We want to help you start positively on your journey to repaying this account. Once you start paying back your account, we will reduce your balance by £50. // All you need to do is call us and fill our a budget form, we will make sure that you can afford important things like bills, food and rent then work out what spare money you have. // We will then discuss with what [sic] you are comfortable paying from this amount and set up a repayment plan tailored to suit you. // Call us... 4 weeks to claim this offer.
    MAY Letter from Cabot: We are hoping a new approach could help you be free of this debt. You may have questions about who we are, how your account got to us, or what can be done to move forward with your account. We believe our team will be able to help. // If you contact us, our consultants can help you understand what is happening with your account and they are experts in setting up repayment plans that fit your individual circumstances. // Our goal is to understand what will work best for you and we will always ensure that what we agree is affordable for you. Talk to us.
    JUN Letter from Cabot: How we can help // We help thousands of customers set up affordable repayment plans each month and we would like to do the same for you. An illustrative example... £1000 balance, £50 disposable income a month ... pay £16.67 a month for five years // These solutions are for illustrative purposes only. Any solution we can offer you will be based on what you tell us about your financial situation and any goals you may have to repay your account. // Talk to us // We understand that every customer's situation is different and once we know more about your income and expenses, we can work with you to find the most suitable solution for you. Of course we will ensure that all of your priority bills are up to date and that any repayment plan we agree is affordable for you.
    JUL Letter from Cabot: As we have still not been successful in finding an appropriate solution, we are considering sending your account to an external debt collection company and urge you to contact us within the next fourteen days. // Is there anything else we can do to answer your questions or to help you with your account? // If your circumstances allow, we may be able to offer a discount that would allow you to be completely free of this debt. If you can't afford to do this then we can look to arrange a suitable monthly repayment plan over a longer term that suits your situation. // Please contact us as soon as possible as your account could be sent to an external debt collection company.
    JUL Letter from Cabot: Your balance is waiting to be paid. You need to repay this amount. There are different options to choose from: Pay in Full "Why should I pay in full?" You can pay off your account completely over a few months, if this account is on your credit file once we've received your final payment we'll update you credit file to 'satisfied'. // Discount offer "How much of a discount?" It will depend on how much you can afford. You can either make an offer yourself, or talk to us about your affordability first so we can offer you a discounted amount. "Can I pay this off over a few months?" Yes, if this is the right plan for you. "How will this affect my credit file?" If this account is on your credit file, we will update your credit file to show 'partially settled' with the amount set to 'nil', this will show that the amount has been paid off but with a smaller amount. // Monthly repayment plan "How much will I have to pay?" Complete a budget form and we will work out a plan based on what you have spare each month. We will never ask you to pay back more than you can afford. "How will this affect my credit file?" We'll update your credit file each month as you start paying off your account, once you've made the final payment the account will be updated to 'satisfied'. // Contact us -- call us or email us to discuss your account.
    AUG Letter from Cabot: Your balance is waiting to be paid. You need to repay this amount. Different payment options for you: Pay in full You can break this up over a few months. Monthly repayment plan Pay off your account on a monthly basis at an amount that suits your budget. Discount Get a discount on your account, and pay it off in one payment or over a few months. // Where your account is showing on your credit file, once you have paid off your account in full it will be updated as "satisfied". We will update your credit file to show any regular payments. If you get a discount on your account, your credit file will be updated to "partially settled" with balance set to "nil". Contact us to discuss your options. We will make sure any plan you agree is affordable for you.
    SEP Letter from Cabot: We would like to give you the opportunity to be free of this account, so we've come up with an alternative solution for you. We can help you be free of this debt. What you owe: £4,000 --> What you could pay: £1000 --> Amount saved: £3000. We do want what's best for you, so if you want to take us up on the offer we need to make sure that you're up to date on all your priority bills and make sure that this is affordable for you. // We could also be flexible with how you pay this amount dependant [sic] on your situation. // If this isn't an option for you we have lots of different repayment plans that you can choose from, we can tailor them to your situation. // Claim this offer, don't miss out // Call us in the next 14 days to take advantage of this offer.
    Hello SnV!

I had been just updating the diary without creating a new post as these Cabot letters come in -- as they're so unthreatening I didn't think to flag them up in the forum. This new one that came today seems really quite generous for an out-of-the-blue offer, i.e. just asking for 25% of the balance, but I'm sure it's just a ploy to get people to get in touch with them!

Comment

• Sounds about right

As you would ideally want to pay 0% of the balance I'm not sure that there is even need to reply

As long as there are no threats I would add it to the half a rainforest that they have already sent you........and long may it continue
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Hi Pip

Great to hear from you! Its fine theres nothing to report - just wanted to make sure all was going well!

You're right to ignore the fishing letters. Note the sneaky wording - "what you could pay". Not what you WILL pay.

So you ring up, or contact them, potentially then admitting liability of the debt and trashing all that time you've worked towards getting SB, only to be told "oh you COULD have paid £1000, but now we want the full amount"

Good that you're not falling for that old trick!
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• . . . . duplicated post . . . .

Di

Comment

these Cabot letters come in -- as they're so unthreatening I didn't think to flag them up in the forum. This new one that came today seems really quite generous for an out-of-the-blue offer, i.e. just asking for 25% of the balance, but I'm sure it's just a ploy to get people to get in touch with them!
            Maybe it's because this debt is due to go Statute Barred in December (if your last DMP payment was in Dec 2011) so they're trying to re-establish contact with you in order to beat the clock?

You've previously posted that the credit agreement is enforceable but that appears to be from a CCA Request you sent to RBS in 2012.

Keep an eye on things and if Cabot turn up the heat you may consider sending them a new s 77-79 CCA Request in the hope that they won't be able to comply before the debt goes SB.

See what their next letter says.

Di

Comment

• Oh yes, I read and log every letter the day it comes in! They've been writing regularly since June 2016, and there's never been any mention of litigation so far. This most recent one was in a brown envelope -- a new development -- but I knew it was a Cabot letter without opening it. As it was brown, I thought, "Hmm, maybe this is where the threats start", but no!

Thanks as ever to everyone here for the advice and support. I really don't know what I would have done if I hadn't been guided to this site back in January 2012. Back in the early days of starting on the UE route after tipping thousands and thousands down a drain of a doomed and futile debt management plan, when I told an acquaintance about what I was trying out now, she said, "People like you are the reason why they keep putting the interest rates on my credit card up. You borrowed it, you should pay it all back". Needless to say, I didn't bother getting into a fruitless discussion and I've never mentioned anything to her about it ever since!

Comment

• More likely that they have increased her rates based on a review of her particular circumstances and usage.

(At least that's what MBNA did with me - when they realised I was struggling, although not having missed a payment, they increased the interest rate and reduced the available balance. It just pushes people into greater difficulty.)
                Last edited by Still Waving; 17 September 2017, 13:14.

Comment

• Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                  Hi Pip

You're right to ignore the fishing letters. Note the sneaky wording - "what you could pay". Not what you WILL pay.

So you ring up, or contact them, potentially then admitting liability of the debt and trashing all that time you've worked towards getting SB, only to be told "oh you COULD have paid £1000, but now we want the full amount"

Good that you're not falling for that old trick!
                  So worth making a note of these " sneaky " words and phrases. On first reading, being naive often these get glossed over, by me anyway...Thanks for the insight, i will add that to my DCA phrase book

If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Pip's account no. 3
                    Lloyds TSB
                    Start date: Jan 2004
                    Balance as of Dec 2011: approx. £13,000
                    Default notice issued November 2010.
                    Status: Last payment in Dec 2011 (smaller amount in Dec 2011 than the regular DMP payment had been up to that month)

JAN CCA request letter sent to Lloyds TSB (Royal Mail delivery conf. printed)
                    JAN Letter from B*L*S*** Collections saying payment plan is now in arrears [payment into DMP reduced in December]. "To avoid action, blah, make payment with debit or CREDIT CARD. Contact CAB or CCCS."
                    JAN Identical letter to one above from B*L*S*** Collections, dated/arriving one day later
                    JAN Reply to CCA request received from Lloyds TSB -- Niddy says !

----- SNIPPED -- see post #3 for rest

DEC Notice of Assignment from Lloyds Lloyds has assigned all of its respective rights, title and interest in respect of this account (inc. outstanding balance) to 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd.
                    DEC Letter from 1st Credit Following assignment from Lloyds Bank plc, we would like to introduce 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd as the new legal owner of the outstanding debt. Please contact us to discuss repayment options.
                    JAN Letter from 1st Credit If we don't hear from you, we can't help. [...] Should no contact be made with 1st Credit an escalation in collections activity may be considered. We prefer to not pursue this course of action and encourage you to engage with us to reach a resolution.
                    JAN Sent CCA request to 1st Credit
                    JAN Letter from 1st Credit (automated letter dated same day as they received the CCA request as per Royal Mail conf.) County Court proceedings are being considered. Regrettably, we are considering whether we should issue County Court proceedings against you. If a CCJ is registered against you, you may find it difficult to obtain credit at competitive rates. We would prefer not to pursue this course of action and encourage you to engage with us to reach an agreeable solution.
                    JAN Letter from 1st Credit Thank you for your recent communication. We are aware that you have requested a copy of your original credit agreement and/or statements for the duration of your account. We will contact the original creditor. We will suspend collections activity whilst the matter is under investigation. Please be assured that 1st Credit Ltd will assist you in resolving any outstanding queries.
                    JUN Letter from 1st Credit Annual statement enclosed. Should you wish to discuss this further please contact us. The details enclosed within this letter are for your information and we encourage you to take the time to read through them. // Blah convenient payment options.
                    MAR Letter from 1st Credit We enclose a signed copy of your credit agreement and a true copy of your credit agreement at the time the account was opened and at the point of default and statements. Due to the the account entering into collections, it has been found necessary to supply an additional post default payment history. This is a snapshot from our system and can be found at the back of the statements. // 'True copy' - What does this mean? Please note that a copy agreement does not need to be a photocopy or exact copy of the signed credit agreement. E.g. there is no obligation to include a signature or date of signature. It is permissible in law to do this by repopulating a template with details of the agreement taken from the creditor's records. The reconstituted copy must be a 'true copy' of the information in the original agreement and must contain the terms and conditions applicable at the time the contract was executed, and at the time the account was defaulted. // Statement of account In accordance with your request, the statement of account is as follows [...]. This fulfils our obligations under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974; we hope this satisfies your request. // Please contact us within 14 days of this letter to discuss repayment of your above-mentioned account.
                    JUN Letter from 1st Credit Annual statement enclosed. Should you wish to discuss this further please contact us. The details enclosed within this letter are for your information and we encourage you to take the time to read through them. // Blah convenient payment options.
                    NOV Letter from 1st Credit Save up to 80% We are committed to helping our customers and would like to offer you a discount by way of partial settlement on your account. We believe this will help you repay your debt whilst saving you money. // Pay 20% in November and we will write off the remaining 80%. Or [30% discount if paid in December and 10% discount if paid in January. // Blah "partially satisfied", zero balance, will not be pursued by us or any third party etc. // If you would like to accept this offer please contact a member of our team on 01737 111111. All offers of settlement must be received by the end of November. If you are unable to accept this offer other repayment options are available. // This offer applies on a first-come-first-served basis and may be withdrawn when redemption limits are reached.
                    What a generous offer.
                    But wait! An alternative reading of the final sentence of their letter might be, "This is a ruse to hook you into resetting the statute barred clock, and on applying for the 80% offer, you will have just missed out on our 'redemption limits' ".
                    Filed. Next!

Comment

• That first-come-first-served basis is a bit confusing. Dothey think there is a queue of people offering to pay this debt?

Comment

• Originally posted by Westham1 View Post
                        That first-come-first-served basis is a bit confusing. Dothey think there is a queue of people offering to pay this debt?
                        Yep, people queuing up to take my debt off my hands!

Comment

• A good job you're on the ball Pip. A lot of people would've been taken in by that offer.
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Pip's account no. 3
                            Lloyds TSB
                            Start date: Jan 2004
                            Balance as of Dec 2011: approx. £13,000
                            Default notice issued November 2010.

JAN CCA request letter sent to Lloyds TSB (Royal Mail delivery conf. printed)
                            JAN Letter from B*L*S*** Collections saying payment plan is now in arrears [payment into DMP reduced in December]. "To avoid action, blah, make payment with debit or CREDIT CARD. Contact CAB or CCCS."
                            JAN Identical letter to one above from B*L*S*** Collections, dated/arriving one day later
                            JAN Reply to CCA request received from Lloyds TSB -- Niddy says !
                            JAN Sent Missing Prescribed Terms letter
                            JAN Letter from BLS Collections saying "It is essential that you telephone BLS Collections TODAY. " in capitals, bold AND underlined! [this is due to reduced payment they received last month. Payments have now stopped altogether]
                            JAN Letter from BLS Collections: "Repayment plan you agreed to is still overdue. We have previously reminded you about the money and you must pay the amount outstanding straight away. If you don't pay the outstanding amount to bring your account back on track within 10 days you will fall further into arrears etc./payment plan will be cancelled and full balance will be due. They're Lloyds TSB's in-house DCA/letter printing machine -- do I need to respond to this? See also Lloyds TSB letter received below
                            JAN Letter from Lloyds TSB: According to our records we supplied reconstituted copies of the agreement in place at the time the account was opened and the one currently in place. By providing these copies, we satisfied our obligation under s.78. // The regulations define what is required of a "copy". Whilst regulation 3 provided "every copy" of an executed agreement... shall be a true copy". [sic -- sentence ends there] Regulation 3(2) (b) provides that a copy can omit any signature box, signature or date of signature. // In summary, to comply with s.78, copy does not need to be a copy with the customer's signature on it. [snipped, see post #3]

-------------------- Snipped, pls see post #3 for rest

JAN Letter from HL Legal CapQuest has appointed us on behalf of Lloyds Bank. // TAKE NOTICE THAT unless this a/c is paid within 10 days, court proceedings MAY be issued against you without further notice. (List of costs). Payment must be sent without delay to CapQuest. If you wish to discuss this matter you must contact our client CapQuest on 0333 999 7204. Court proceedings may involve you paying costs and will make it difficult to get credit if judgment is obtained against you.
                            JAN Sent letter to Capquest I received a letter from HL Legal on your behalf threatening court action. I enclose yet another copy of letter from Nov 2013 to which I have still not received a satisfactory reply.
                            JAN Letter from Capquest We have sent a query to our client and will advise on their response in due course.
                            FEB Letter from Capquest We are still awaiting a response from our client Lloyds Bank.
                            MAR Letter from Capquest We are discussing your case with Lloyds Bank and we hope to resolve this matter very soon.
                            JUN Letter from Lloyds Statement of account in letter form not showing anything other than the balance
                            DEC Notice of Assignment from Lloyds Lloyds has assigned all of its respective rights, title and interest in respect of this account (inc. outstanding balance) to 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd.
                            DEC Letter from 1st Credit Following assignment from Lloyds Bank plc, we would like to introduce 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd as the new legal owner of the outstanding debt. Please contact us to discuss repayment options.
                            JAN Letter from 1st Credit If we don't hear from you, we can't help. [...] Should no contact be made with 1st Credit an escalation in collections activity may be considered. We prefer to not pursue this course of action and encourage you to engage with us to reach a resolution.
                            JAN Sent CCA request to 1st Credit
                            JAN Letter from 1st Credit (automated letter dated same day as they received the CCA request as per Royal Mail conf.) County Court proceedings are being considered. Regrettably, we are considering whether we should issue County Court proceedings against you. If a CCJ is registered against you, you may find it difficult to obtain credit at competitive rates. We would prefer not to pursue this course of action and encourage you to engage with us to reach an agreeable solution.
                            JAN Letter from 1st Credit Thank you for your recent communication. We are aware that you have requested a copy of your original credit agreement and/or statements for the duration of your account. We will contact the original creditor. We will suspend collections activity whilst the matter is under investigation. Please be assured that 1st Credit Ltd will assist you in resolving any outstanding queries.
                            MAR Letter from 1st Credit We enclose a signed copy of your credit agreement and a true copy of your credit agreement at the time the account was opened and at the point of default and statements. Due to the the account entering into collections, it has been found necessary to supply an additional post default payment history. This is a snapshot from our system and can be found at the back of the statements. // 'True copy' - What does this mean? Please note that a copy agreement does not need to be a photocopy or exact copy of the signed credit agreement. E.g. there is no obligation to include a signature or date of signature. It is permissible in law to do this by repopulating a template with details of the agreement taken from the creditor's records. The reconstituted copy must be a 'true copy' of the information in the original agreement and must contain the terms and conditions applicable at the time the contract was executed, and at the time the account was defaulted. // Statement of account In accordance with your request, the statement of account is as follows [...]. This fulfils our obligations under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974; we hope this satisfies your request. // Please contact us within 14 days of this letter to discuss repayment of your above-mentioned account.
                            NOV Letter from 1st Credit Save up to 80% We are committed to helping our customers and would like to offer you a discount by way of partial settlement on your account. We believe this will help you repay your debt whilst saving you money. // Pay 20% in November and we will write off the remaining 80%. Or [30% discount if paid in December and 10% discount if paid in January. // Blah "partially satisfied", zero balance, will not be pursued by us or any third party etc. // If you would like to accept this offer please contact a member of our team on 01737 111111. All offers of settlement must be received by the end of November. If you are unable to accept this offer other repayment options are available. // This offer applies on a first-come-first-served basis and may be withdrawn when redemption limits are reached.
                            NOV Letter from 1st Credit Let us help // If we don't hear from you, we can't help. // We were the first in our industry to achieve the highest 3-star 'Exceptional' accolade from an independent assessment of customer survery responses carried out by 'Investor in Customers'. // From the first time we speak to you we will endeavour to review your individual circumstances and discuss details of your account in a constructive and confidential manner. // Please contact us on 01737 within 10 day to discuss the repayment options available to you based on your current financial circumstances. Alternatively, please refer to the contact methods at the top of this letter. // Should no contact be forthcoming an escalation in collections activity may be considered, which could have a detrimental impact on your credit file.
                            NOV Letter from 1st Credit County Court proceedings are being considered. Regrettably, we are considering whether we should refer your account to our internal Legal Department to initiate County Court proceedings against you. In doing so the below costs could also be added to your balance: Court fees: £763.65; Solicitors Fixed Costs £100.00 // If a County Court Judgment is registered against you, you may also find it difficult to obtain credit at competitive rates. // We would prefer not to pursue this course of action and request that you contact us on 01737 within 10 days to discuss the payment options available to you.
                            Hmm. Sounds a bit blustery but they do mention legal action. I'm working abroad and am only home for one day until Monday 3rd Dec. I could get to the central post office tomorrow (Sunday) if I need to send something, but not sure what. I sent a CCA request to 1st Credit in January 2015 and only received a copy of the unenforceable CCA in March 2017.
                            Niddy said the recent one they sent was illegible ... (here's the posts around the time I received it): https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...88#post1373888
                            The soonest, other than tomorrow (Sunday 26th Nov), that I'd be able to send a letter is Monday 3rd December when I'm back from Germany ... :/

Comment

• Looking back, the only single thing I've ever sent them is a CCA request. So even though they eventually sent me a response to a CCA, as I only posted this message late Saturday night and no-one has had time to suggest which letter to send, I'm just going to send them a Sold While In Dispute to start with (rather than a Missing Prescribed Terms). Just to send something to get stuck in their cogs while I'm away for the next eight days or so and interrupt their computer-written letter conveyor belt. I've had one of these "County Court proceedings are being considered" letters and it reads as bluster. But I think I need to reply to it!
                              Last edited by Pip; 26 November 2017, 12:36.

Comment

• Would the LBA not confuse them more?

Comment

Working...
                                X