GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Invisible Man's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invisible Man's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Check your records to be certain it's SB.

Was it a BT broadband contract which you positively cancelled at the time you stopped paying them? Could there have been a minimum contract which you walked away from early? Last payment is not the only way to determine SB.

It's always wise to do your homework so you're ready for anything they throw at you.

Di
    It was a combined Post Office phone/broadband package. The contract was for a year and I terminated after about 18 months. I don't have any paperwork so am going by memory. I've checked my online bank account and can see that I made the last payment in May 2011. All I remember is that when I closed the account I paid the outstanding bill.

Thanks Di

Comment

• BT went through a phase where they automatically renewed a customer's contract for a further 12 months at the end of the initial 12 months. That was stopped by their regulator although I can't remember exactly when.

It's not a massive debt in the grand scheme of things so take the temperature of the correspondence and if they make legal threats you could ask them to prove the debt.

Di

Comment

• Hi Everyone,
        I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted on my diary. Huge apologies to everyone, I feel like I've let the side down! Afraid life has overtaken me in recent times but don't want to bore you all with self-pity. I haven't lost interest, and am still determined to complete my diary. The surprising thing is that, over the past months so little has happened with DCAs etc, when you would think they would be all over me. Not that I'm growing complacent. I've had a couple of encouraging results - will update diary shortly - but otherwise just chase letters. Anyways I need to get back on track with the diary, and catch up with what has been happening. Sorry again.
        Best wishes
        Me

Comment

• It does kinda get lonely mid way through the UR process doesn't it?

Nobody writes any more and the calls have stopped.........Still there are worse places to be....... I'm glad its all going well on the UE front anyway

With regard to the other issues......... I hope they get resolved and as and when you get things back into gear.......You know where we all are
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Thanks Spud, comforting words. I know I won't be the first, or last, to tread this path. It's great to have somewhere to come to where you know there are like minded folks. The best reason not to keep away! Thanks again mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by InvisibleMan View Post
              I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted on my diary. Huge apologies to everyone, I feel like I've let the side down! Afraid life has overtaken me in recent times but don't want to bore you all with self-pity. I haven't lost interest, and am still determined to complete my diary. The surprising thing is that, over the past months so little has happened with DCAs etc, when you would think they would be all over me. Not that I'm growing complacent. I've had a couple of encouraging results - will update diary shortly - but otherwise just chase letters. Anyways I need to get back on track with the diary, and catch up with what has been happening. Sorry again.

I see it as a good thing that you've not felt the need to update your Diary for nearly a year. No need to apologise!

However I'm keen to hear about the "encouraging results" when you're ready to share

Di

Comment

• [QUOTE=InvisibleMan;n1376888]Re: Invisible Man's UE diary

HALIFAX (BANK of SCOTLAND)

Credit card
                Date commenced: 2002
                Balance approx: £4,000
                Date last full payment: 2009
                Currently not paying
                Status in arrears, defaulted 2009
                Account owner: PRA

Key:
                Red text = creditor action
                blue text = my action
                green text = comment

Sept
                S.87 default notice served by Halifax
                Feb 1st
                SAR sent to Halifax

Feb 19th Reply from Halifax. Includes Recon copy of 'agreement', which appears to be just T&Cs (See my comment at bottom of post). State they will send original agreement under separate cover. Warning about not using the services of a claims management company!
                Mar 1st Send letter to Halifax pointing out I made a subject access request, not S.78, therefore I want a copy of the original agreement. They did not respond to this letter
                Mar 6th Letter from Halifax admitting they are unable to provide a copy of the original agreement
                July 8th Letter from Halifax stating account assigned to Activ Kapital
                July 8th Letter from Aktiv Kapital stating they have purchased account from LLoyds(!?). Since then it has always been referred to as a Lloyds account

Nov letter received saying Activ Kapital has changed name to PRA Group
                Jan letter received saying account assigned to PRA No notice of assignment received
                Jan Stopped payments
                May letter received demanding payment Ignored
                June letter before claim received from PRA investigation & litigation dept. Letter demands response within x days or court proceedings will be issued
                June 6th S.77-79 & LBA request letters sent to PRA
                June 14th Letter recvd from PRA in response to CCA request stating account on hold whilst they obtain requested information.
                June16th Letter recvd from PRA asking me to complete and return income & expenditure. Ignored
                June 18th Agreement sent to to Niddy

Apart from the recon 'agreement' Halifax sent me above in response to SAR, I also have what I believe may be an original, similar, document when opening the account. However, they have very different content. Both sent to Niddy

June 25th Niddy says the 'agreements' are just random terms, so are Advised to send missing PTs template if they pursue it

August 2018 - over a year later - letter received from PRA in response to my S.77-79 & LBA request, enclosing a 'copy' of alleged agreement. Ignored.
                November 2018 Letter before Claim received from PRA dated November, requiring response deadline later in December
                December 2018 Agreement sent to Niddy
                December 12th Niddy says the latest agreement is illegible and missing terms, so is
                Last edited by InvisibleMan; 12 December 2018, 00:04. Reason: update

Comment

• I've been recovering from a bad car accident the last few weeks and hadn't opened post. Sod's law, this is what I found today. I will send agreement to Niddy now. Any suggestions how to respond gratefully received.

Comment

• Nice to hear from you again Invisible man

Can you just confirm something please?

In November 2018 you state that you have received a letter before claim from PRA?

Could you describe the letter without giving personal details ( I want to guage if this is a formal letter before claim ) AND tell me If you have replied and if not the date this needs to be replied to........

Is there a series of boxes that you need to tick in answer to questions etc?
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spud View Post
                      Nice to hear from you again Invisible man

Can you just confirm something please?

In November 2018 you state that you have received a letter before claim from PRA?

Could you describe the letter without giving personal details ( I want to guage if this is a formal letter before claim ) AND tell me If you have replied and if not the date this needs to be replied to........

Is there a series of boxes that you need to tick in answer to questions etc?
                      Thanks Spud,

their letter to me states "This is a letter before claim" and is signed by Taobane Lahila, head of investigations and litigation. It refers to them giving me notice of their intention to issue court proceedings against me. I haven't replied. The date for response is a week from now. There is a reply form with tick boxes etc.

Cheers
                      IM

Comment

• [QUOTE=InvisibleMan;n1519110][QUOTE=InvisibleMan;n1376888]Re: Invisible Man's UE diary

Credit card
                        Currently not paying

Key:
                        blue text = my action
                        green text = comment

Sept
                        Feb 1st
                        SAR sent to Halifax

Feb 19th Reply from Halifax. Includes Recon copy of 'agreement', which appears to be just T&Cs (See my comment at bottom of post). State they will send original agreement under separate cover. Warning about not using the services of a claims management company!
                        Mar 1st Send letter to Halifax pointing out I made a subject access request, not S.78, therefore I want a copy of the original agreement. They did not respond to this letter
                        Mar 6th Letter from Halifax admitting they are unable to provide a copy of the original agreement
                        July 8th Letter from Aktiv Kapital stating they have purchased account from LLoyds(!?). Since then it has always been referred to as a Lloyds account

Jan letter received saying account assigned to PRA No notice of assignment received
                        Jan Stopped payments
                        June letter before claim received from PRA investigation & litigation dept. Letter demands response within x days or court proceedings will be issued
                        June 14th Letter recvd from PRA in response to CCA request stating account on hold whilst they obtain requested information.
                        June16th Letter recvd from PRA asking me to complete and return income & expenditure. Ignored

Apart from the recon 'agreement' Halifax sent me above in response to SAR, I also have what I believe may be an original, similar, document when opening the account. However, they have very different content. Both sent to Niddy

June 25th Niddy says the 'agreements' are just random terms, so are Advised to send missing PTs template if they pursue it

August 2018 - over a year later - letter received from PRA in response to my S.77-79 & LBA request, enclosing a 'copy' of alleged agreement. Ignored.
                        November 2018 Letter before Claim received from PRA dated November, requiring response deadline later in December
                        December 12th Niddy says the latest agreement is illegible and missing terms, so is
                        Last edited by InvisibleMan; 14 February 2019, 23:33.

Comment

• The LBC response can then be
                          tick Dispute the debt
                          Simply say in default of S.77/78 CCA request.
                          (Nothing else)
                          Last edited by Roger; 12 December 2018, 07:59. Reason: typos

Comment

• Thanks Roger, will do.

Comment

• [QUOTE=InvisibleMan;n1519280][QUOTE=InvisibleMan;n1519110]
                              Originally posted by InvisibleMan View Post
                              Re: Invisible Man's UE diary

Credit card
                              Currently not paying

Key:
                              blue text = my action
                              green text = comment

Sept
                              Feb 1st
                              SAR sent to Halifax

Jan Stopped payments

December 14th LBC response returned disputing the debt as in default of S.77/78 CCA request
                              December 21st Letter from PRA acknowledging account in dispute and placed on hold
                              January 2019 Further letter from PRA saying they are awaiting information and account still on hold
                              March 2019 Letter from PRA admitting they are unable to satisfy Sec 77-78 request because OC cant supply original docs, so they are classifying the debt as
                              Update
                              Last edited by InvisibleMan; 4 April 2019, 18:04.

Comment

• Originally posted by InvisibleMan View Post
                                Re: Invisible Man's UE diary

SAINSBURYS BANK 1

Credit card
                                Date commenced: 2008
                                Approx balance: £3000
                                Currently not paying
                                Account owner: Arrow Global
                                DCA: Moorcroft

Key:
                                blue text = my action
                                green text = comment

April DMP started
                                Aug
                                S87 default notice served
                                Oct 31st Notice of intended litigation from Moorcroft
                                Jan 7th Send letter to Moorcroft requesting docs under CPR
                                Jan 22nd Moorcroft reply stating they are in the process of obtaining a copy of the consumer credit agreement.
                                Feb 15th Moorcroft letter enclosing "requested documentation". All it contains is copy statements, but no agreement. The agreement was never supplied.

Jan Stop DMP payments
                                Mar 17th Moorcroft send settlement offer. ignored

June 15th Letter from Moorcroft stating they are trying to contact me. Ignored
                                June 16th Receive statement of account from - wait for it - Arrow Global, also informing me that the account was assigned to them in April 2013, and that Moorcroft are managing the account on their behalf. Nice of them to tell me the account was assigned 4 years ago, as I've never previously received any notice of this ​I have never sent a SAR or CCA request.
                                June 22nd s.77-79 CCA request sent to Arrow Global
                                June 22nd SAR sent to Sainsburys
                                June 30th
                                Letter from Sainsburys re the SAR, asking me to sign on the dotted line (literally) and return to them, so they can "complete their security checks". Methinks I'm not giving them my signature (SAR letter was typed signature). Can they refuse to comply without it?
                                July 7th Letter from Arrow Global stating they do not accept they "are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute", but they will assist in obtaining the requested docs. Collection activity suspended pending provision of docs etc.
                                August 2017 Letter from Arrow saying they're still waiting for docs from OC
                                September 2017 Letter from Arrow saying they're still waiting

October Letter from Arrow responding to CCA request, enclosing copy agreement.

January Letter from Arrow saying account transferred to Drydens
                                January Chase letter from Drydens. Ignored.

February LBC received from Drydens. Am sending agreement to Niddy for checking, before responding to LBC
                                Update

Comment

Working...
                                X