GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Invisible Man's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invisible Man's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes oopppsssssss zooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by InvisibleMan View Post
      BARCLAYS (OVERDRAFT)

Overdraft on personal current account
      Date account commenced: c.1993
      Approx balance: £2,500
      Date last full payment: 2009
      Currently not paying
      Account owner: Barclays
      dca: Arvato Financial Solutions

Key:

Red text = creditor action
      blue text = my action
      green text = comment

Essentially, the current account had an authorised overdraft of £1,600, plus a 'reserve' of £1,000 (I was seen as a very good customer up to that point). When my finances hit the rocks, I used it all up.

April DMP started.
      Barclays wrote to say they rejected the DMP offer, but nonetheless accepted it....

June Termination notice from Barclays.

June 16thSAR to Barclays

June 22ndLetter from Barclays that Arvato Financial Solutions is managing the account on behalf of Barclays. Ignored

June 22nd chase letter from Arvato. Ignored

July 12th Letter from Arvato offering discount to settle account. Ignored
      UPDATE

Comment

Re: Invisible Man's UE diary

SAINSBURYS BANK 2

Unsecured Loan
        Date commenced: 2008
        Approx balance: £22,000
        Currently not paying
        Status in arrears, defaulted 2009
        Account owner: Cabot

Key:
        blue text = my action
        green text = comment

April DMP started

Jun 8th Receive assignment letter from Cabot, enclosing photocopy of notice of assignment from Sainsburys (which I never received directly)

Jun 23rd I reply stating I do not accept the p'copy and need the original NoA.

July 14th One-line letter from Sainsburys saying the account is sold to Cabot. I have never received a NoA.

July 21st Letter from Cabot informing me that Sainsburys have confirmed they have sent a NoA. But they haven't....

Aug Letter from Cabot offering 85% discount for final settlement. Gives some indication of how little they paid to 'own' this debt

Jan Stop DMP payments

Apr 14th Chase letter from Cabot. Ignored

Apr 29th
        Chase letter from Cabot. Ignored

May 31st "Talk to us" letter from Cabot. Ignored

To date ​I have never sent a SAR or CCA request.

June 22nd SAR sent to Sainsburys

June 22nd s.77-79 CCA sent to Cabot

June 22nd chase letter from Cabot. Ignored

July 12th Letter from Cabot acknowledging CCA request stating they cannot currently comply but have requested the relevant docs, and hope to comply within 40 days, after which they will write to me if not. They acknowledge the account is "temporarily unenforceable". Strangely they sent 3 identical copies of the letter on the same day, all dated the same and sent to the same address.
        UPDATE

Comment

Re: Invisible Man's UE diary

CAPITAL ONE

Credit card
          Date commenced: unsure, early 2000s
          Approx balance: £3,500
          Currently not paying
          Status in arrears, defaulted 2009
          Account owner: Capital One
          DCA: Apex

Key:
          blue text = my action
          green text = comment

Apr? receive new card after change of address. On reverse of letter is one-side credit card agreement.

April DMP started

Oct 19th S87 default notice served

Jan Stop DMP payments

Mar 28th Chase letter recvd from Cap Oneignored

Apr 4th Letter from Cap One advising that Apex acting on their behalf Ignored

May 6th "welcome to Apex" letter from Apex. Ignored

June 1st Chase letter from Apex. Ignored

June 15th
          Chase letter from Apex. Ignored

Should I send the agreement recvd in 2008 to Niddy, or send s.78 request to Cap One / Apex?

July 7th Letter from Capital One asking me to contact them directly to update my address. I will respond in the next few days
          UPDATE

Comment

• Why do they want you to update your address? Have they not got your current address?

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
              Why do they want you to update your address? Have they not got your current address?
              When I was still in the DMP I asked the DMP provider to notify creditors of my then change of address. DMP provider refused, but must have since done so. The Cap One letter above was sent to the 'new' address, saying they couldn't accept my 'new' address unless I tell them directly! However I've since moved again, hence letting them know the latest address.

Comment

• If they are writing to you at your new address, I wouldn't even reply to it if it was me. They are just trying to get you to communicate with them.
                Last edited by nightwatch; 21 July 2017, 11:26. Reason: multi post

Comment

• If they are writing to you at your new address, I wouldn't even reply to it if it was me. They are just trying to get you to communicate with them.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by JLC View Post
                      If they are writing to you at your new address, I wouldn't even reply to it if it was me. They are just trying to get you to communicate with them.
                      Good point, as their agents are are writing to you anyway. So Cap 1 wrote to your 'new' address, which isn't your current one. So are their agents writing to your current address?

Comment

When I was still in the DMP I asked the DMP provider to notify creditors of my then change of address. DMP provider refused, but must have since done so. The Cap One letter above was sent to the 'new' address, saying they couldn't accept my 'new' address unless I tell them directly! However I've since moved again, hence letting them know the latest address.
                        So to cut a long story short they do have your current address on file so will have no excuse to write (or issue legal proceedings or send any statutory Notices) elsewhere.

Di

Comment

Post Office

Broadband account
                          Date commenced: 2009
                          Approx balance: £150
                          Date last full payment: 2010
                          Currently not paying
                          Status chase letters only to date
                          Account owner: Jefferson Capital International
                          DCA: Pastdue

Key:

creditor action
                          my action
                          comment

opened broadband account with Post Office

Closed account, paying final balance

Mar Letter from Roxburghe dca, claiming I owe Post Office £150.
                          I reply stating I acknowledge no debt and don't know what they're talking about. Hear nothing more from them

Feb Letter from Jefferson Capital International Acquisition stating 'debt' assigned to them from Post Office as of Dec 2015. Also states Pastdue credit solutions is managing the account. Enclosed with the letter is a chase letter from Past due. Both ignored.

The only account I ever had with Post Office was a broadband account, but had paid off the final balance, so have no idea what they're on about. I wasn't going to bother including it in the diary as I figured it is SB by now, even though I dispute owing them a penny. But I might as well include everything

July 21st Chase letter from Tenron Credit Management. Ignored
                          UPDATE

Am I best ignoring everything unless they get litigious? I thought about sending a Prove it letter but as it's going to be SB by now I can't see the point?

Comment

• Someone may say differently, I wouldnt send anything untill they start to get threatening .x
                            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                              Someone may say differently, I wouldnt send anything untill they start to get threatening .x
                              Thanks Nanna, I agree

Comment

Am I best ignoring everything unless they get litigious? I thought about sending a Prove it letter but as it's going to be SB by now
                                Check your records to be certain it's SB.

Was it a BT broadband contract which you positively cancelled at the time you stopped paying them? Could there have been a minimum contract which you walked away from early? Last payment is not the only way to determine SB.

It's always wise to do your homework so you're ready for anything they throw at you.

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X