GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of my unenforceabilty journey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of my unenforceabilty journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I don’t think there is any hostility, it’s just that it’s difficult to answer questions which is why it has been recommended that you send a SAR request. When you get the paperwork you can see what action has or hasn’t been taken and then we can try to give helpful advice. A guessing game can lead to wrong help or false hope. Please keep posting.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
      Hi, I don’t think there is any hostility, it’s just that it’s difficult to answer questions which is why it has been recommended that you send a SAR request. When you get the paperwork you can see what action has or hasn’t been taken and then we can try to give helpful advice. A guessing game can lead to wrong help or false hope. Please keep posting.
      Thank you and sorry... I'm just confused with all this and worried, plus I always try to work on the forearmed is forwarned scenario. SAR being posted tomorrow.

Comment

• It’s good to read up and know what can happen but don’t try to force anything. Survival is a game when you need a good poker face as well as advice and the ability to wait. Good luck you will get guidance.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Owned by NCO-Arrow/Capquest, originally Empire stores
          Catalogue
          Started in 1998
          £1900
          Last full payments were in 2010/11
          Being paid on a DMP
          Shown by Arrow as being satisfactory???

03/02/2018 - I have received the SAR back. It would appear that Kay & Co (who took over Empire stores) simply forwarded the SAR to Arrow and all I have in return is a load of monthly statements from them, no letters (which I know they have sent me as I have copies of them), just statements.
          There is no record of a default notice from Arrow (but I am sure the account was defaulted by Kay & Co). So I am back to square 1 with how to get this account off my credit file.

Can anyone help?

Comment

• Adjust to suit your case & send to ICO

[Your full address]
            [Phone number]
            [The date]

[Name and address of the organisation]
            [Reference number (if provided within the initial response)]

Dear […]

Subject access request

Further to my letter of [date] in which I made a subject access request, I would now like you to revisit the way you handled my request.

I requested the following information:[List information]

I received a response from you on [date] from [name of person in the organisation responding]. I have attached a copy of both letters for your information. From the information you have provided and from my reading of the Information Commissioner’s Office website at ico.org.uk, I suspect you have failed to disclose all the relevant information I requested.

I believe that I have not received all the data I am entitled to. I expected to receive any personal data relating to me that may be contained within the following:[List the records that you want the organisation to search and where they might be found, including any relevant dates, for example:
            • Adjust the items to your case:-
            • your personnel file;
            • emails between ‘A’ and ‘B’ (between 1/6/11 and 1/9/11);
            • your medical records (between 2006 & 2009) held by Dr ‘C’ at ‘D’ hospital;
            • CCTV camera situated at (‘E’ location) on 23/5/12 between 11am and 5pm;
            • copies of statements (between 2006 & 2009) held in account number xxxxx).]

If you have withheld any information relating to me I would be grateful if you would confirm this and tell me why you consider it appropriate to do so.

If there is anything further you can do to resolve this matter, or further information you can provide, please do so.

As the statutory time limit for responding to my subject access request (40 days) has now expired, I would be grateful if you could provide this information within 14 days.

I must advise you that if I do not receive a satisfactory response from you, I will report this matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).

You can find advice on the ICO’s website on how to deal with a subject access request [ico.org.uk/sar] and information on their powers and the action they can take [ico.org.uk/action] or call them on 0303 123 1113.

Yours sincerely
            [Signature]

Comment

• We have several chasing letters and texts from Link (these are the typical computer generated ones), on accounts which Niddy has deemed with unenforceable agreements. Do we just ignore these?

Comment

• yes just sit back and enjoy your weekend, xx

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                  Adjust to suit your case & send to ICO

[Your full address]
                  [Phone number]
                  [The date]

[Name and address of the organisation]
                  [Reference number (if provided within the initial response)]

Dear […]

Subject access request

Further to my letter of [date] in which I made a subject access request, I would now like you to revisit the way you handled my request.

I requested the following information:[List information]

I received a response from you on [date] from [name of person in the organisation responding]. I have attached a copy of both letters for your information. From the information you have provided and from my reading of the Information Commissioner’s Office website at ico.org.uk, I suspect you have failed to disclose all the relevant information I requested.

I believe that I have not received all the data I am entitled to. I expected to receive any personal data relating to me that may be contained within the following:[List the records that you want the organisation to search and where they might be found, including any relevant dates, for example:
                  • Adjust the items to your case:-
                  • your personnel file;
                  • emails between ‘A’ and ‘B’ (between 1/6/11 and 1/9/11);
                  • your medical records (between 2006 & 2009) held by Dr ‘C’ at ‘D’ hospital;
                  • CCTV camera situated at (‘E’ location) on 23/5/12 between 11am and 5pm;
                  • copies of statements (between 2006 & 2009) held in account number xxxxx).]

If you have withheld any information relating to me I would be grateful if you would confirm this and tell me why you consider it appropriate to do so.

If there is anything further you can do to resolve this matter, or further information you can provide, please do so.

As the statutory time limit for responding to my subject access request (40 days) has now expired, I would be grateful if you could provide this information within 14 days.

I must advise you that if I do not receive a satisfactory response from you, I will report this matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).

You can find advice on the ICO’s website on how to deal with a subject access request [ico.org.uk/sar] and information on their powers and the action they can take [ico.org.uk/action] or call them on 0303 123 1113.

Yours sincerely
                  [Signature]
                  Sent this letter to Shop Direct (who bought out Empire Stores) a few weeks ago. They responded with a letter two weeks ago apologising for the delay and saying that they are sorting it, but I've still had nothing back from them, and they are well out of the time limits. What do I do now please?

Comment

• Report them to the ICO
                    https://ico.org.uk/action-weve-taken/enforcement/

Comment

• nothing, the onus is on them to comply, they can't because empire never asked you to sign an agreement.
                      You applied for goods they send them, then you get asked to sign something but you never return it, if you do they don't keep them, so all they can send are copys of statements,Shop Direct say my account was opened in 2001, it was opened in 1976 when I lived elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                        nothing, the onus is on them to comply, they can't because empire never asked you to sign an agreement.
                        You applied for goods they send them, then you get asked to sign something but you never return it, if you do they don't keep them, so all they can send are copys of statements,Shop Direct say my account was opened in 2001, it was opened in 1976 when I lived elsewhere.
                        Ah ok. My problem is that I am sure this account was defaulted by Empire or Shop Direct prior to being sold to Arrow but it is not showing on Noddle. Arrow have only just defaulted it (even though they have said they will not be chasing it any more) which means I have to go another 6 years before it drops off my credit file. Is there anything I can do about this?

Comment

• Originally posted by unicorndeva View Post

Ah ok. My problem is that I am sure this account was defaulted by Empire or Shop Direct prior to being sold to Arrow but it is not showing on Noddle. Arrow have only just defaulted it (even though they have said they will not be chasing it any more) which means I have to go another 6 years before it drops off my credit file. Is there anything I can do about this?
                          the debt should be defaulted before being sold, original owner should give you the chance to rectefy the arrears hence the need for a default notice, do you know if empire reported the missed payments to the CRAs as 8 or AP ,8 for so,many months means it should be defaulted .AP means it wasn't defaulted as marked as an arrangement to pay (unfair practice) but once no payment is received should be reported as a default up to 6 months after final payment.
                          when was it sold to Arrow eg when was your last/full payment to empire/SD and when did Arrow buy it and what date is the Arrow default showing?

NW

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post

the debt should be defaulted before being sold, original owner should give you the chance to rectefy the arrears hence the need for a default notice, do you know if empire reported the missed payments to the CRAs as 8 or AP ,8 for so,many months means it should be defaulted .AP means it wasn't defaulted as marked as an arrangement to pay (unfair practice) but once no payment is received should be reported as a default up to 6 months after final payment.
                            when was it sold to Arrow eg when was your last/full payment to empire/SD and when did Arrow buy it and what date is the Arrow default showing?

NW
                            Here is what I remember. It was originally with Empire Stores then was taken over by Kay & Co (part of Shop Direct) but I can't remember if Empire defaulted prior to Kay & Co taking it over. At some point (can't remember if it was still Empire Stores or Kay & Co) we went onto a DMP with Step Change, and were paying greatly reduced payments. Then it was sold to Arrow. Whilst I think it might have been defaulted before being sold on I have no evidence of this. Plus I don't know what the credit ref. agencies said at the time. Sorry, I'm not much help... I should have kept all paperwork

I've just found an old page of a credit expert report which is showing it as Shop Direct with one payment late. This was in January 2011 and we set up the DMP with Step Change in June 2011 so it would have shown several missed payments a few months on (but can't find the detailed breakdown on Credit Expert, just the summary). The debt was sold to Arrow in December 2012. Arrow have defaulted it in the past couple of months.
                            Last edited by unicorndeva; 3 April 2018, 19:54.

Comment

• Originally posted by unicorndeva View Post

Here is what I remember. It was originally with Empire Stores then was taken over by Kay & Co (part of Shop Direct) but I can't remember if Empire defaulted prior to Kay & Co taking it over. At some point (can't remember if it was still Empire Stores or Kay & Co) we went onto a DMP with Step Change, and were paying greatly reduced payments. Then it was sold to Arrow. Whilst I think it might have been defaulted before being sold on I have no evidence of this. Plus I don't know what the credit ref. agencies said at the time. Sorry, I'm not much help... I should have kept all paperwork

I've just found an old page of a credit expert report which is showing it as Shop Direct with one payment late. This was in January 2011 and we set up the DMP with Step Change in June 2011 so it would have shown several missed payments a few months on (but can't find the detailed breakdown on Credit Expert, just the summary). The debt was sold to Arrow in December 2012. Arrow have defaulted it in the past couple of months.
                              Any ideas on this please guys?

Comment

• Re: Start of my unenforceabilty journey

Owned by NCO-Arrow/Capquest, originally Empire stores
                                Catalogue
                                Started in 1998
                                £1900
                                Last full payments were in 2010/11
                                Being paid on a DMP
                                Shown by Arrow as being satisfactory???

CCA request Feb 201
                                23/5/17 Letter from Arrow saying they're still awaiting the requested info.

21/04/18 Surprisingly, I have received the SARS back from Shop Direct (Empire Stores was part of them). But there is no default notice. 'Nightwatch' mentioned that it should have been defaulted before being sold on but it wasn't. It has only just been defaulted by Arrow, January of this year. Is there anything I can do to get this off of my credit record?

Comment

Working...
                                X