GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll leave it to someone more knowledgeable about overdrafts to answer your question.

Just to comment that having said that they are not harassing you by phone they will be on thin ice if they continue phoning you regularly.

Comment

• Just ignore for now. It's up to them to prove a debt, not up to you to chase for information.

Comment

• Thanks Guys..i shall ignore

Comment

• Originally posted by Brusselsprout View Post
          Re: Let the fun commence - 6 year journey starts here!

DEBT #4
          • Type of account: Nationwide Credit card
          • Date commenced: September 2012
          • Approx balance: £4,200
          • Date last paid: last Full payment made via DMP in January 2017. Reduced payment in February. Missed payment in March.
          • Are you on arrangement or not paying: Currently not paying
          • Status Account: Defaulted August 2016
          • Account owner : Nationwide

Sent a CCA early March 2017. No response from them. I understand this will no doubt be enforceable but just want to see what they send anyway
          24th March 2017: CCA signed for at Nationwide.
          25th April 2017: Still no response regarding CCA request.
          May 12th 2017: Arrears letter received, and it appears to show that a partial payment of £1 has been made to the account in March. My CCA request standing order payment maybe!
          19th June 2017: 'Demand for payment letter' received. 7 days to contact them or they may instruct external agency to collect.
          3rd July 2017: Letter offering discount if i contact them within 7 days. Still no response to CCA request.
          6th July 2017: Phone-call from Nationwide (could be for my loan or overdraft account, but didn't make it far enough to find out which one). A rather uppity fella who got all petulant when i said i wanted to communicate in writing only and said 'i must warn you, that we will pass this onto an external debt collector'.
          12th July 2017: 'Final Notice' letter received. Contact within 7 days of letter or they will refer to Debt collection agency.
          5th August 2017: Letter from Nationwide informing me that Moorcroft will be taking management of the account on their behalf. Still no CCA received.
          8th August 2017: Call from Moorcroft. Ignored.
          9th August 2017:Call from Moorcroft. Ignored.
          10th August 2017: Moorcroft calling again. Left msg with family member to call them back!!!
          17th August 2017: Letter from Moorcroft saying to contact them by 21st August or they will take further action, and MAY send someone to my address!
          22nd August 2017: Harassment, and 'Don't send anyone to my door' letters sent to Moorcroft!
          30th August 2017: Moorcroft letter acknowledging my request to communicate in letter, and they will honour that just as long as stay in contact with them through writing though. They have given me 30 days.
          8th November 2017: Letter from Moorcroft asking me to get in touch or they MAY send somebody to my house.
          26th November 2017: Monthly installment offer letter received from Moorcroft. Still no CCA received from original request in March!!
          18th December 2017: Letter received from Moorcroft saying i have now been passed over to home division department
          Hi guys

Hope we all had a good Christmas! And Happy New Year!

Moorcroft have now sent me to their home divisions department I have sent them a 'nobody to my door' letter previously before this letter, which has obliviously been ignored! I don't live at the current address and only pick up my mail from there, so i would rather they didnt go to my Mum's house harassing her. They (Nationwide) have still not provided a CCA so shall i send the sold in dispute letter now to Moorcroft to stave off a visit? Do they have to arrange a visit with me first or do they just turn up? Anybody any experience with home visits?

Thanks
          Brussel

Comment

They (Nationwide) have still not provided a CCA so shall i send the sold in dispute letter now to Moorcroft to stave off a visit?
            I don't see why not

They won't know there's a dispute unless you tell them which is why they're continuing to pursue this. They know you exist since you've already written to them, they just don't know that you live 'elsewhere'.

It's interesting to see that Nationwide have been unable to locate your credit agreement for over nine months despite the account having been opened in 2012 (if I've understood you correctly). How did you open the account (online, in branch etc)?

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

I don't see why not

They won't know there's a dispute unless you tell them which is why they're continuing to pursue this. They know you exist since you've already written to them, they just don't know that you live 'elsewhere'.

It's interesting to see that Nationwide have been unable to locate your credit agreement for over nine months despite the account having been opened in 2012 (if I've understood you correctly). How did you open the account (online, in branch etc)?

Di

Thanks Di

I will do that...

I opened online. I guess Nationwide may not have received my CCA even though it was recorded delivery, but i was fully expecting them to reconstitute something as the account was opened recently, as you say. I'll send my dispute letter and see what happens

Thanks, and happy new year to you.

Brussel

Comment

DEBT #4
                • Type of account: Nationwide Credit card
                • Date commenced: September 2012
                • Approx balance: £4,200
                • Date last paid: last Full payment made via DMP in January 2017. Reduced payment in February. Missed payment in March.
                • Status Account: Defaulted August 2016

Sent a CCA early March 2017. No response from them. I understand this will no doubt be enforceable but just want to see what they send anyway
                24th March 2017: CCA signed for at Nationwide.
                25th April 2017: Still no response regarding CCA request.
                May 12th 2017: Arrears letter received, and it appears to show that a partial payment of £1 has been made to the account in March. My CCA request standing order payment maybe!
                19th June 2017: 'Demand for payment letter' received. 7 days to contact them or they may instruct external agency to collect.
                3rd July 2017: Letter offering discount if i contact them within 7 days. Still no response to CCA request.
                6th July 2017: Phone-call from Nationwide (could be for my loan or overdraft account, but didn't make it far enough to find out which one). A rather uppity fella who got all petulant when i said i wanted to communicate in writing only and said 'i must warn you, that we will pass this onto an external debt collector'.
                12th July 2017: 'Final Notice' letter received. Contact within 7 days of letter or they will refer to Debt collection agency.
                5th August 2017: Letter from Nationwide informing me that Moorcroft will be taking management of the account on their behalf. Still no CCA received.
                8th August 2017: Call from Moorcroft. Ignored.
                9th August 2017:Call from Moorcroft. Ignored.
                10th August 2017: Moorcroft calling again. Left msg with family member to call them back!!!
                17th August 2017: Letter from Moorcroft saying to contact them by 21st August or they will take further action, and MAY send someone to my address!
                22nd August 2017: Harassment, and 'Don't send anyone to my door' letters sent to Moorcroft!
                30th August 2017: Moorcroft letter acknowledging my request to communicate in letter, and they will honour that just as long as stay in contact with them through writing though. They have given me 30 days.
                8th November 2017: Letter from Moorcroft asking me to get in touch or they MAY send somebody to my house.
                26th November 2017: Monthly installment offer letter received from Moorcroft. Still no CCA received from original request in March!!
                18th December 2017: Letter received from Moorcroft saying i have now been passed over to home division department

4th January 2018: I have sent another 'do not send anyone to my door' letter and a sold whilst in dispute letter to moorcroft
                20th January 2018: Moorcroft send a response to my SWID letter stating that they are not the account owner, and are legally instructed to try and collect by Nationwide. They also say their client is fully entitled to collect this balance, but nothing about the fact that i have had no response to my CCA request! They also go on to tell me that they receive a lot of this 'template' letters, and they tell me this by sending a template letter of their own... the irony! They advise that the letter i sent contained incorrect information, and i should seek free legal advice instead! They are putting my account on hold for 30 days so that i can seek legal advice!
                Hi a ll

Hope all is well with everyone!

I received a letter from Moorcroft regarding my Nationwide account (info above in my last diary entry). They make no mention of an outstanding CCA request or that they will inform Nationwide of this. Instead they just continue to talk about 'legal rights' and ' we are instructed to collect'. I would have thought they would at least say that they would relay this info back to Nationwide! Do i need to send another CCA request to Nationwide?

Thanks
                Brussel

Comment

• Moorcroft are only Debt collection company acting on behalf of Nationwide (Owner) = no power just begging you to pay them some monies to get commissions, CCA request outstanding do not remind them
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                    Moorcroft are only Debt collection company acting on behalf of Nationwide (Owner) = no power just begging you to pay them some monies to get commissions, CCA request outstanding do not remind them
                    Ok, cool... i shall stand firm

Thanks
                    Brussel

Comment

• Absolutely and remember, If you ever do write.......Never remind them of an outstanding CCA request etc

Always check in here if in doubt
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spud View Post
                        Absolutely and remember, If you ever do write.......Never remind them of an outstanding CCA request etc

Always check in here if in doubt
                        Thanks Spud, will do

Comment

DEBT #5
                          • Type of account: Nationwide Loan
                          • Date commenced: February 2012
                          • Approx balance: £2,200
                          • Status Account: Defaulted April 2017

CCA request sent March 2017. No response yet.

26th March 2017: CCA request signed for at depot.
                          20th April 2017: Default notice has dropped through the door. Still no response to my CCA request though!
                          5th June 2017: Nationwide Recoveries sent letter asking me to contact them to discuss a one off discounted offer. I have to call them to discuss!
                          4th July 2017: 'My account has been passed to Nationwide Recoveries' again! :P If they do not hear from me they may sell debt on or take legal action. Still no CCA so i will ignore.
                          20th July 2017: Another letter offering me a discount and to call and discuss!
                          30th July 2017: Urgent action letter received from Nationwide. I must contact them or they will advise a debt collection agency to collect.
                          20th August 2017: Letter saying Wescot will now be dealing with this account on their behalf.
                          30th August 2017: Westcot calling and texting asking me to contact them.
                          1st September 2017: Letter received from Nationwide saying they have identified some issues with the arrears statements they have sent.They mention that due to this they cannot take legal action.
                          6th September 2017: Wescot letter received advising that I haven't responded to their calls and texts, and it is urgent that i do so otherwise they will.. err, send more letters and texts! Not sure what else they can do!
                          15th September 2017: Westcot letter received offering me a 75% discount!
                          04th October 2017: Letter from Westcot asking me to get in touch and that they can help
                          11th October 2017: Harassment by phone letter sent to Wescot
                          15th October 2017: Westcot letter received saying they have out my account on hold whilst they investigate my complaint.
                          8th November 2017: Letter from Westcot apologising that the investigation into my complaint is taking so long. Account still on hold whilst they investigate.
                          3rd December 2017: Notice of sum of arrears Letter received from Nationwide, saying i have failed to pay arrears. Reminding me to contact Westcot who are dealing with the account.
                          3rd December 2017: Letter from Westcot saying they have investigated my complaint, and believe they have not broken any rules,and will continue to pursue, but by letter only. Still no response to CCA request made in March!
                          28th February 2018: Letter from Nationwide advising that the default notice they sent mentioned they would take legal action; they just wanted to clarify that that is not the case, and they will not be taking legal action. In the same letter they say they will default me if i do not pay! but i am already defaulted! little confused by that!
                          Hi guys

Hope we are all well

Just a quick one regarding my nationwide loan. They sent me a letter saying that the default notice they sent had the wording wrong, and that they will not be taking legal action in regards to this debt due to issues with statements not being sent. Is this debt now dead in the water? can i safely ignore this one?What other recourse do they have? as they go on to say in the same letter that they will default me if i do not pay!? This was a 10k loan so anything left is just their interest anyway so happy not to pay that!

Cheers
                          Brussel

Comment

• they can issue a default as long as it is a true fact on credit files, regardless if they do not issue proceedings, (usually sell a debt to debt purchasers)! can you upload the letter they sent minus personal details interesting to see exactly what they are admitting to?

Comment

• I would Ignore, they have stated themselves that they cannot take legal action, this does not mean they wont sell it on and let some DCA try, NW

Comment

regarding my nationwide loan. They sent me a letter saying that the default notice they sent had the wording wrong, and that they will not be taking legal action in regards to this debt due to issues with statements not being sent. Is this debt now dead in the water? can i safely ignore this one?What other recourse do they have? as they go on to say in the same letter that they will default me if i do not pay!?
                                If I've understood the history of this debt correctly, Nationwide has not complied with your s 77-79 CCA Request sent in March 2017. This means the debt is currently unenforceable in court unless or until they do comply.

Nearly a year has gone by and they've still not sourced their own credit agreement. What hope is there for a debt purchaser if they do assign it.

No need to respond to those recent letters but do keep them safe since they appear to be a confession of errors made by them. If they ever decide to issue a claim you may need those.

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X